PDA

View Full Version : mounting tires

Knarf0486
07-12-2005, 08:04 PM
im getting a set of tires that i have to mount on a set of beadlocks that i got when i bought my quad. ive never mounted tires though. does anyone have any tips to help me out. thanks

07-12-2005, 08:15 PM
its so hard its almost not worth it to d it yourself and this is coming from a guy who always does all the work on his quad himself

hardkoratvmxr
07-12-2005, 09:01 PM
mounting tires is easy it is best if you have 1 other person with oyu

1. just pop one of the beads on the tire

2. now get 2 screw drivers or tire irons what ever you prefer and pry back and forth until you get the second bead on the rim having the other person stand on top of the tire moving in the same direction as you until the bead is all the way on then get an air compressor and fill it until it pops on the bead (light htting with rubber mallet may be required or fill until u cant any more or until you heaer the pop

prepracing
07-13-2005, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Knarf0486
im getting a set of tires that i have to mount on a set of beadlocks that i got when i bought my quad. ive never mounted tires though. does anyone have any tips to help me out. thanks
yeah, take the ring off and lube the tire then you might have to work it just a little to get it on the rim. Then put your ring back on torque all the bolts down and put about 30-35 psi in it to bead up the backside. If they are just single beadlocks that should be it !