PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong

raptor35086
07-12-2005, 01:22 PM
What do you guys think about how he is doing?
Do you think he is going to pull it off again before he retires?

I think he is going to win it again before he retires

Tommy 17
07-12-2005, 01:31 PM
pfft goes to show u how hard france is to beat... we send over a one nut wonder and kick their :eek2: 7 years in a row...

lmfao sorry i had 2:devil:

FoxRacing81
07-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
pfft goes to show u how hard france is to beat... we send over a one nut wonder and kick their :eek2: 7 years in a row...

lmfao sorry i had 2:devil:

LMAO

07-12-2005, 02:17 PM
hes back in the lead as of today(tuesday)

07-12-2005, 02:36 PM
i think is he going to win

raptor35086
07-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
hes back in the lead as of today(tuesday)

Did he win the Stage or not?

I know he is good in the mountains

07-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by raptor35086
Did he win the Stage or not?

I know he is good in the mountains Armstrong did the damage on the punishing 13.8-mile climb to the ski station of Courchevel, eating up the ascent with ease while Jan Ullrich and other challengers grimaced in pain behind.

Spain's Alejandro Valverde won the 10th stage, just beating Armstrong to the finish line, but is not considered one of Armstrong's main rivals in this year's race. Valverde and Armstrong finished the 110.9-mile stage in 4 hours, 50 minutes, 35 seconds.

Mickael Rasmussen is second in the overall standings, 38 seconds behind Armstrong. Ivan Basso, among the main challengers left behind by Armstrong on Tuesday, is third overall - 2:40 behind the Texan.

Rasmussen finished the stage in third place, 9 seconds behind Valverde and Armstrong.

Valverde and Armstrong shook hands in the saddle after they crossed the line together.

``Today, I had good legs,'' Armstrong said. ``We are in a good position with regards to some of the main rivals, so we'll have to protect that.''

His powerful ride silenced doubts that Armstrong is too old at 33, or too jaded after his record six victories, to win again. He is following the winning formula of previous years - when Armstrong hammered rivals in the mountains, building up leads that carried him to victory in Paris.

Last year, Armstrong won all three Alpine stages and one of two in the Pyrenees.

Armstrong declined to claim that overall victory was his just yet. Two more stages await in the Alps, followed by the Pyrenees and a final time trial before the three-week race finishes in Paris on July 24.

``There's still a lot of racing to go,'' Armstrong said.

The American praised his Discovery Channel team, which piled on the pace in the first section of the ascent to whittle down the field, after struggling on a moderate climb last week.

Doubts had arisen whether the team could give the support that Armstrong needs in the Alps.

``It is a really tough team, with a lot of pride,'' Armstrong said.

He also praised Valverde, a 25-year-old racing his first Tour.

``Everybody has seen the future of cycling,'' Armstrong said. ``He is a classy young rider.''

Valverde was thrilled with the result.

``My dream was to win a stage, now that is done,'' said Valverde, who trails Armstrong by 3:16 overall. He said the Texan ``looks as strong as he did in previous years.''

Ullrich, the 1997 Tour winner and a five-time runner-up, placed 13th, 2:14 behind the leaders. The German trails Armstrong by 4:02 overall.

One of the biggest surprises was the collapse of Alexandre Vinokourov. Ullrich's teammate from Kazakhstan had been expected to seriously challenge Armstrong.

Vinokourov trailed in 5:18 behind Armstrong in 24th place. His overall deficit grew to 6:32.

Armstrong said he expects Ullrich and Vinokourov to bounce back.

``I don't think they are finished. I am going to be the last person to write them off,'' he said. ``They are going to make life difficult and we'll continue to watch them and continue to respect them.''

HondaEXrider22
07-12-2005, 04:56 PM
he'll win deff. he always does.