View Full Version : Anyone watch WWE

duke416ex
07-12-2005, 07:09 AM
I know a lot of people think wrestling is stupid, but I have been watching it for bout twenty years now when I get a chance(my great grandpa got me to watching it when I was like 4). Needless to say I remember people from way back, like the first Undertaker, Hulk Hogan back then, but what I was thinking about last night was Shawn Micheals when he was in the Rockers.

I don't know if anyone else remembers it or not, but I watched raw last night and it was weird. Shawn has been in wrestling for years and years, and most of the time has been liked by the fans. I watched the video from last week and watched him last night, how hard would it be to take a whole career of being the good guy, and with one kick throwing it away. Then after doing that getting booed the entire way to the back, that's just got to be hard, fake or not, throwing away all your fans and your whole career.

I know this is kinda stupid, but it was just what I thought when I watched it last night.

07-12-2005, 07:26 AM
Big Fake Crap :)

duke416ex
07-12-2005, 07:36 AM
I know, I realized a long time ago about the stuff in the ring being fake. The fans aren't though and a lot of them take it real serious, and just think about it most of the wrestlers do too cause its their entire career. Like Micheals, he has spent nearly 2 decades getting a following, just to get booed out of the ring and have everyone loose respect for him.

theTman
07-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by DierWolf
Big Fake Crap :)

MXracer16
07-12-2005, 09:18 AM
What did you he, kick someone in the nuts?

FasstMidnightZ
07-12-2005, 09:24 AM
when i was 7 i watched it for about a year. then got bored of it because its like a spanish soap opra with a bunch of guys in tights. :o :p

Quad18star
07-12-2005, 09:26 AM
I used to watch wrestling every week when I was a kid . I remember guys like the Texas Tornado , The Bush Wackers , Hulk Hogan , the dude that used to have a snake with him . Every couple of months they used to have big matches liek the Royal Rumble ... it used to be a treat to actually be able to buy it on Pay Per View , now it seems every weekend they have a Pay Per View event .

But i do undertsand what you're saying about a wrestler having fans for a couple decades , then all of a sudden he loses those fans . Even though it's all fake ( the wrestling) , like you said a fan following isn't fake .

duke416ex
07-12-2005, 09:35 AM
No, he has been tag teaming with Hogan, after they won their last match he knocked him out and last night he knocked out another guy, Roddy Piper. I know it was all staged, but it had to have been hard to do that knowing you were gonna lose respect you have been working for all those years. You could almost see on his face that he didn't want to do it, but it was part of his job to do what was planned, and you could see that he didn't want to walk out of the ring getting booed after all those years of trying to get those peoples respect.

raptor35086
07-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Ohh cry me a river..haha....j/k

JUSTINcredible
07-12-2005, 01:07 PM
when i was 12

Dan_Guetter
07-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
I know a lot of people think wrestling is stupid, but I have been watching it for bout twenty years now when I get a chance(my great grandpa got me to watching it when I was like 4). Needless to say I remember people from way back, like the first Undertaker, Hulk Hogan back then, but what I was thinking about last night was Shawn Micheals when he was in the Rockers.

I don't know if anyone else remembers it or not, but I watched raw last night and it was weird. Shawn has been in wrestling for years and years, and most of the time has been liked by the fans. I watched the video from last week and watched him last night, how hard would it be to take a whole career of being the good guy, and with one kick throwing it away. Then after doing that getting booed the entire way to the back, that's just got to be hard, fake or not, throwing away all your fans and your whole career.

I know this is kinda stupid, but it was just what I thought when I watched it last night.

For some odd reason i flipped to WWE last night and seen micheals drop kick the piper and thought to myself, who gives a damn.....then americas wildest videos came on, and i was happy.

wilkin250r
07-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Hard to take?

Working for years to gain loyal fans, and then throw it all away?

Okay, you know wrestling is fake, but it doesn't sound like you're clear on the exact details of what that means. It means scripted matches, actions. They know days in advance who will win and who will lose, who will play the bad guy, and what feuds will start or end.

When I leave for lunch, I have to come back to the office. That's the way it works, regardless of how hard I have worked previously for the many years I've been employed. I have two choices, I either come back from lunch, or I quit.

If the boss-man says "Shawn Micheals, you're going to be the bad guy", then Shawn Micheals has two choices. Quit, or be the bad guy.

I don't think any of these guys take their jobs that personally. "Oh, boo hoo, my fake reputation has been tarnished, oh poor me". They have a job to do, they do it. Their job is PERFORMANCE, not gaining loyal fans. I imagine they get just as much job satisfaction from playing the bad guy as they get from playing the good guy.

If they're the bad guy, it's your JOB to get the crowd to hate you. And if they do hate you, and they boo you, and throw popcorn at you, you have done your job very well.

reconmaster
07-12-2005, 03:50 PM
so your sayin he kicked hot rod thats good if he tried attackin pipe wwe kicks *** after seein it live a couple of times you enjoy it more the only thing i don't like is it does drag in the story line quite a bit other than grown men fightin like 2 year olds is fun 2 watch and the hot women any1 see the boob slip durin the bikini boot camp

400exrules
07-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Goldberg & Sting are the best ever

EvilJester400EX
07-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Gay males in tights if you ask me.

Quadman250R
07-12-2005, 05:08 PM
i cant stand watching fake wrestling...when the dude is pounding his fist on the floor and the other guy acts like it hurts it just makes the sport more stupid to me....the only thing that would remotly interest me would be bra and panties matches;)

wvspeedfreak
07-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Hey man,wrestling is not fake.Just because a guy gets hit over the head 17 times with a metal chair and doesn't bleed doesn't mean it's fake.
I guess next your gonna tell me there is no Santa Clause.:confused:

Quadman250R
07-12-2005, 06:00 PM
lol yeah i hate to tell you there is no santa claus

wvspeedfreak
07-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Quadman250R
lol yeah i hate to tell you there is no santa claus

Son of a .........:mad: