PDA

View Full Version : PEP shocks, tcs springs???

ridinthedunes
07-12-2005, 01:05 AM
Hello,
I just picked up some used shocks for my 400ex. The guy said they were pep tripple rates with rezzies and he had tcs springs put on (he thought they were a smoother shock).
I put them on my quad and when I pull the front end up (fully extend the shocks) it goes down very slow and maybe even "squeels" some. they also seem stiffer going down then the works triple w/rezzies I had on...both are supposed to be set up for around my weight (200lbs). The rezzies have adjusters on them marked "comp" that turn 20 clicks. I went full both ways didn't seem to help. I also tried adj. the preload.
Are they "done"....? needing to be rebuilt?
Any advice or knowledge on them would be appreciated.
They don't say pep anywhere on the shocks, but the bigger spring say tcs, the shafts are bigger than my works and the rezzies are HUGE.
Thanks,
Rob

ridinthedunes
07-12-2005, 10:02 AM
nobody knows if these are supposed to be like this or need rebuilt? or even if they sound like they are peps???

ridinthedunes
07-12-2005, 09:25 PM
one more time. :)

lil_billy_300ex
07-12-2005, 09:32 PM
my brother has shocks like that on his 250r, they work really good for racing, keeps your tires on the ground over bumps and stuff and get really stiff at the bottom for jumps.

400exracer511
07-13-2005, 04:49 PM
they sound like pep's because they are the only shocks that i know of that have "HUGE" rezzies