PDA

View Full Version : 2 Busted HiPers=2 Free Overnighted Ones

450Racer
07-11-2005, 10:17 PM
well, at first i was extremely angry that i broke $550 in beadlocks. i cased a 70' double that sent me over the bars. that's probably what did it, that or flat landing a 121' step up. both were starting to leak at the end of the moto and were half flat by the time i pulled into the pits. the edge of the inner front beadlocks were busted about 3 inches across in 3 different places. the hub busted cracked in the rear. i'm going to the Joe Byrd Riding School this saturday and sunday and without a miracle from HiPer i wouldn't be going. i called Angie at HiPer and she overnighted 2 brand new beadlocks for me at no cost and a shipping label for the broken ones. i have had nothing but excellent service from HiPer. when i ordered my rear beadlocks a few months ago the wrong order was sent three times. they told me to keep the third set and overnighted a 4th set to me and gave me 4 free rings. they have been awesome. now don't think these beadlocks are weak. i nearly died by fracturing my Larinex (adam's apple) off the bar pad when i cased it, it was bad. i bent a tie rod, steering stem, bars but not the axle somehow. there may only be a few other companies out there to provide true serivce like HiPer does. i'll have 2 brand new free beadlocks at my front door Wednesday morning, just intime to bolt them up and drive down from PA to TN. hopefully it won't rain out. HiPer rocks!

Snow
07-11-2005, 10:38 PM
sounds like a nasty crash.. got any pics of the damage?:devil:

07-12-2005, 11:51 AM
what track was this???

Quad18star
07-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Sucks about the crash , but it's awesome to see a company own up to what may have been a defect in manufacturing . So they sent you the wrong set of rears 3 times , then told you to keep the set and they sent you the correct ones?? Damn thats a nice deal .

By the way , what is the price for Hipers in the USA ... cuz I got mine for an "awesome" deal so Ive been told .

SRH
07-12-2005, 03:55 PM
hiper is an awesome company, i broke a beadlock ring, like took a giant hunk and it wouldnt hold air i called them ordered one, by mistake they sent me the wrong size, so then i called them up and explained how i needed it for the next day, it was at my house before i got home and i was all set...its a great company for sure, ill keep buying there wheels thats for sure

i think they retail for 200 a peice almost...i paid 600 for a set but people have said you can get better deals, it really varies, i think if a shop is helping you and they have sold alot of wheels they can give a better deal not positive tho

450Racer
07-12-2005, 04:13 PM
i don't have any pics of the crash yet but i'm working on getting the video up on here. the crash was horrible, my mom almost threw up the first time she saw it, the second she did. i looked like a freaking crash dummy.

yep. the sent me the wrong set of rears 3 times , then told me to keep the set and they sent you the correct ones i paid for. i ended selling the 250R set to my friend for about half cost, we were both pretty happy with the deal.

aLLoY MX 428, i crashed down at Wolfmann's MX @ in Mann's Choice, PA. you've probably heard of the place before. that's where i landed on the 121' step up at 105'. it's a super nice quad track. they have open practice wed-sunday every weekend unless they race the weekend they have it wed-fri. if you PM me sometime we can hook up and go to to practice sometime if you're free.

i'm very happy with HiPer. they've been awesome to me and i've heard other good stories. the reason mine cracked is because i crashed hard. they will flex, not bend. aluminum beadlocks will bend. the last thing i want to be doing is doing huge jumps, blasting through whoops, and trying to corner with bent wheels. atleast if these break somehow, you get new ones free.

Quad18star
07-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by SRH
hiper is an awesome company, i broke a beadlock ring, like took a giant hunk and it wouldnt hold air i called them ordered one, by mistake they sent me the wrong size, so then i called them up and explained how i needed it for the next day, it was at my house before i got home and i was all set...its a great company for sure, ill keep buying there wheels thats for sure

i think they retail for 200 a peice almost...i paid 600 for a set but people have said you can get better deals, it really varies, i think if a shop is helping you and they have sold alot of wheels they can give a better deal not positive tho

I paid about $600 Canadian for mine . :D

I'll deal with Hiper again ... I love the quality . I nailed a rock wide open in 4th ... like I mean a BIG rock . It stopped me dead and threw the quad completly around . I thought I had broke my wrist ... the Hipers only had a little scratch on it . :eek:

USAMoto00
07-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by 450Racer
well, at first i was extremely angry that i broke $550 in beadlocks. i cased a 70' double that sent me over the bars. that's probably what did it, that or flat landing a 121' step up. both were starting to leak at the end of the moto and were half flat by the time i pulled into the pits. the edge of the inner front beadlocks were busted about 3 inches across in 3 different places. the hub busted cracked in the rear. i'm going to the Joe Byrd Riding School this saturday and sunday and without a miracle from HiPer i wouldn't be going. i called Angie at HiPer and she overnighted 2 brand new beadlocks for me at no cost and a shipping label for the broken ones. i have had nothing but excellent service from HiPer. when i ordered my rear beadlocks a few months ago the wrong order was sent three times. they told me to keep the third set and overnighted a 4th set to me and gave me 4 free rings. they have been awesome. now don't think these beadlocks are weak. i nearly died by fracturing my Larinex (adam's apple) off the bar pad when i cased it, it was bad. i bent a tie rod, steering stem, bars but not the axle somehow. there may only be a few other companies out there to provide true serivce like HiPer does. i'll have 2 brand new free beadlocks at my front door Wednesday morning, just intime to bolt them up and drive down from PA to TN. hopefully it won't rain out. HiPer rocks!

I told you not to do it. lol I didn't do it because there was no lift on the take-off. Oh well, parts can be replaced, on the quad that is.lol Once again, glad to hear that you were okay and next time think first, jump second. Congratulations on your 2nd Place at the PA State Championship!:macho