PDA

View Full Version : stoppies/endos

m_townsgreatest
07-11-2005, 09:24 PM
hey how do u guys do stoppies/endos i can get my quad to stop good enough. Do you have special brake pads or brakes?

MotoX3
07-11-2005, 09:27 PM
steel braided lines help....but you can do them on stock brakes....just have to lean up:macho

07-11-2005, 09:29 PM
double pump the breaks...squize the front brakes ones and then let of and squeez again fast

07-11-2005, 10:23 PM
i tried that on my 300 i even jumped up puting all my weight on the bars but i still cant do a stopie theres gotta be a trick that some of yall arent tellin us

Snow
07-11-2005, 10:37 PM
what kinda terrain were you riding on? on the road and driveway i can do endos fine but in some loose dirt all it does is slide

Punk'd
07-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Be rolling.. Hit front brakes and lean foward.. Just keep practiceing untill you get the hang of it;)

YFZ450Ridr
07-12-2005, 12:34 AM
lean forward in about 2nd gear, pull the clutch in and jam the front breaks. dont be going to fast though because then once u hit the breaks, they will jsut lock up and you will slide. try and find a little dip down in the ground and once ur tires go into that hit the breaks, its easier. i could do them on my 250ex too but that was hard on that thing lol

thrasher_ex
07-12-2005, 12:36 AM
just go WFO on pavement and lean as far forward as you can and clamp the front brakes like theres no tomorrow......then you will wreck and know what its like and you will be less afraid of doing it lol

z400roosteR
07-12-2005, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by thrasher_ex
just go WFO on pavement and lean as far forward as you can and clamp the front brakes like theres no tomorrow......then you will wreck and know what its like and you will be less afraid of doing it lol

Sounds like a good idea i'll report back to you tomorrow on how it went.

JLanphear
07-12-2005, 07:36 AM
It's all about feeling.....pay attention and "feel" the traction under the front tires. You want to transfer as much weight as possible (your own and the quads) to the front before you pull on the brakes hard enough to get the back tires off the ground, otherwise you will just lock up the brakes and slide.

Sounds like you already know the technique, and if you don't, the others summed it up rather well.

The two best surfaces I have found are of course pavement, but also a cut hayfield is good also. Grass on a lawn is a little bit slick...even when dry.

Keep practicing...even with brakes that are really bad you should be able to life the rear tires a little.

07-12-2005, 08:27 AM
throw weight forward and GRAB at the brakes...it feels awkward but it's cooler then a wheelie I think

07-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Stand on the front bumper i dotn have any pics of myself but i found one of tiller from juvenile tendencies.. had to save it baddest pic ever!

07-13-2005, 07:09 PM
also compress the back spring before hitting the front breaks so the back will pop up easier, the rebounding springs will help pop the rear up:macho

Out_Sider
07-13-2005, 07:18 PM
i love doing these

i'll just be in the field and i do it sittin on the handle bar pad cuz i like being able to save it when i go over to far, i can actually ride them out for a decent lenth, but with the brakes on my 450 its almost impossible not to do one even while racing :eek2: haha