PDA

View Full Version : z- 450

desratt
07-11-2005, 06:31 PM
thought everyone would like to know i just read the "quad magazine"
suzuki oficially will release a 450
features fuel injection
will be atleast 3 inches wider then the honda or yamaha
doug gust says suspension is better then any aftermarket.

they said that is all they will release for now

Punk'd
07-11-2005, 06:45 PM
If thats true sweet.. I dont know about the wider part though for trails. Cant wait to see it!

steveatv3
07-11-2005, 06:46 PM
wow it sounds like it will be a like a cannondale Moto and be forsale for only $14,000

3"s wider is not practicle for a stock quad because majority of the people buying it will use it for around the yard or in woods.

trxHRC450r
07-11-2005, 08:22 PM
i read that magazine, its supposed to be a sick quad, 100% factory racer, more so than yamabog or the 450r. suzuki took their time on this quad and im assuming its gonna be well woirth the wait

400excracer
07-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Sounds great except for the fact that you will have to spend even more money to narrow it up if you want to race cross country. Guess we will have to wait and see.

07-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by 400excracer
Sounds great except for the fact that you will have to spend even more money to narrow it up if you want to race cross country. Guess we will have to wait and see.

exactly what i was thinkin, and for 2 the suspension cant be better then any aftermarket, because the fact that you can get them redone by a well known builder and get them straight up to par with whatever suzuki has

trx450jason
07-11-2005, 10:48 PM
that would be sweet except that way more people race cross-country and trail ride than mx

nowukno
07-11-2005, 10:51 PM
It will probably cost $10k if it's gonna have all that stuff already on it.

Leschj03
07-11-2005, 11:28 PM
Yeah i read the new QUAD mag today also and it is suppost to be wider and quote better than any aftermarket suspension unquote, and it is fuel injected. Also they suzuki dude from japan said that gust and jones are both gona ride it stock from the factory, which sounds kinda weird, also it suppost to have a extremely trick exhaust, like some kind that makes the center of gravity lower. i dont know just what the artical says

tater_kamik
07-11-2005, 11:32 PM
honestly, it sounds like a lot of hype for nothing, but hey, who knows?!?

root
07-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Sounds expensive!!!

It's not like yamaha and honda don't know that wider is more stable, it's not an engineering breakthrough, but they opted to target a larger crowd. As was stated above, the majority of riders' quads will never see a motocross track!

250xridamatt
07-12-2005, 01:05 AM
I seriously doubt gust and Jones will run it COMPLETELY stock from the factory. If all this is true, I suspect there will be a lot of pissed Z owners that passed on getting their new 450r of yfz to wait for this thing. It may be great for motocross, but what about the majority? Maybe they are trying to keep the amount of z400's selling up? Possibly offering that as their trail quad, and the 450 as their motocross quad? Makes sense to me.

desratt
07-12-2005, 07:35 AM
I also recall the mag talking about relocation of the battery to somewhere alot lower.

Jonas
07-12-2005, 08:32 AM
What mag is the article in? It sounds like they are reporting something that someone said not what someone from Suzuki said?? That way they are ok to say anything.

Mxracer53
07-12-2005, 09:13 AM
it sounds like thier gona let everybody not doing mx use the z-400 set up still.

07-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Mxracer53
it sounds like thier gona let everybody not doing mx use the z-400 set up still.

thats a bad move on suzukis part

Punk'd
07-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
thats a bad move on suzukis part

I agree if this is true.

tater_kamik
07-12-2005, 01:45 PM
it will be interesting if they do bring this quad out though, wonder how the other companies will react?

CdaleXtreme
07-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Suzuki is going to sell every one of these they can make. Its the smartest thing anyone did in the ATV world since honda Put out the 250R.

This quad is a no holds barred, all out performance ATV.

Its not made to do everything ok. Its made to do one thing great and thats RACE.

If its too wide, too much money, too high tech. You can stick to your outdated quads.

Ill be waiting for you at the checkers. :macho

250xridamatt
07-12-2005, 02:45 PM
I think they could have made a lot more money if they went the route the honda and yamaha did. It is a little bit of a risky move on suzukis part. I guess we will find out in a while though.

rmw7949
07-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Most guy's that race XC put plus 1 arms on the R and the YFZ so if its 3 in wider get some 4 n 1 offset wheels and your set. I read the article and everything stated so far is pretty much what I read. Fuel inj., trick susp set-up. They say Gust and JJ are gonna run stock susp and arms (I'm sure there will be some serious tuning going on though). But my point, if they can keep the price down this is gonna be great! There's no bigger obstical 4 ATV racers than cost. For what I spent on my R in susp and motor work and all the other stuff I could of bought 2 dirt bikes and been very competitive. ATV racing will never be as big as dirtbikes untill we get the cost down! BIG KUDOS 2 SUZUKI if they can produce a competitive bike at an affordable price. It's what we need 2 make our sport grow.

Prey
07-13-2005, 06:43 AM
I was kinda hoping they would make the Z450 a "made to order" kind of thing, not too extreme but.

where you could choose between an xc and mx model and the shocks would come valved for your weight and set-up choice

i dont think this would take a great deal of effort or capitol on suzuki's part, just 2 different a-arm and axle widths, and if they wanted to be real extravagant, 2 different decal kits. the shocks would be a matter of shelving for different rider weights/set-ups

i think it would be an awsome step forward for one of the major mfg's to offer this up

Jonas
07-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by desratt
thought everyone would like to know i just read the "quad magazine"
suzuki oficially will release a 450
features fuel injection
will be atleast 3 inches wider then the honda or yamaha
doug gust says suspension is better then any aftermarket.

This is not official.

Not even close to official.

TCracin440ex
07-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by rmw7949
Most guy's that race XC put plus 1 arms on the R and the YFZ so if its 3 in wider get some 4 n 1 offset wheels and your set. I read the article and everything stated so far is pretty much what I read. Fuel inj., trick susp set-up. They say Gust and JJ are gonna run stock susp and arms (I'm sure there will be some serious tuning going on though). But my point, if they can keep the price down this is gonna be great! There's no bigger obstical 4 ATV racers than cost. For what I spent on my R in susp and motor work and all the other stuff I could of bought 2 dirt bikes and been very competitive. ATV racing will never be as big as dirtbikes untill we get the cost down! BIG KUDOS 2 SUZUKI if they can produce a competitive bike at an affordable price. It's what we need 2 make our sport grow.

actually...the atv market sells more quads per year than dirtbikes/streetbikes combined...

rmw7949
07-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
actually...the atv market sells more quads per year than dirtbikes/streetbikes combined...

Maybe you misunderstood, when I was talking about being as big as dirtbikes I was refering to racing, not sale's. Dirt bike's are way more "race ready" from the factory than a quad. I just hope the next time I go get a new quad all I have to do is get a pipe and some bars and get the shocks revalved. Would'nt that be a perfect world! HAHA

TCracin440ex
07-13-2005, 06:33 PM
no not really because the aftermarket goes down the drain...and i dont think its quite gonna happen....yes of course you can go pick up a dirtbike from the dealer on a friday and have it out on the track saturday racing it....but the dirtbike has less needs to make it race ready...

chad502ex
07-13-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme
Suzuki is going to sell every one of these they can make. Its the smartest thing anyone did in the ATV world since honda Put out the 250R.

This quad is a no holds barred, all out performance ATV.

Its not made to do everything ok. Its made to do one thing great and thats RACE.

If its too wide, too much money, too high tech. You can stick to your outdated quads.

Ill be waiting for you at the checkers. :macho

you crack me up

rmw7949
07-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
no not really because the aftermarket goes down the drain...and i dont think its quite gonna happen....yes of course you can go pick up a dirtbike from the dealer on a friday and have it out on the track saturday racing it....but the dirtbike has less needs to make it race ready... I dont think the aftermarket will ever go down the drain. But it would be nice if it did'nt cost so damn much to get started. I dont know many teenagers that can afford to set up a true race bike.

TCracin440ex
07-13-2005, 07:01 PM
well...im going to say this....if they WORK for it...and pay for it themselves...they will respect it more and know the value of a dollar....most kids these days cant afford to have race quads....hell i cant...unless you have rich parents or work for it and get it yourself....and i dont think its right that KIDS have race quads....yes at 16 years old you can race with the big boys...but at 16 years old you can also work

hontrx265r
07-13-2005, 07:14 PM
I have friends that race pro mx (bikes) and yes kids can work, however kids under 18 or so unless going to college also have to go to school all day five days a week. Think about that.

TCracin440ex
07-13-2005, 07:17 PM
stop making up excuses...its been done before...and proally wont ever stop...kids who dont have their parents payin for everything...and they want it...lets face it..they have to work and earn it...

Out_Sider
07-13-2005, 07:32 PM
its the same ppl OVER and OVER again talkin about... i have to work to pay for my quad, these kids are stuck up worthless ppl who have their mommies and daddies pay for everything. my dad pays for pretty much everything for me to race, i dont see myself as stuck up or anything, i ride and i race, theres no time for me to work, we are not rich, we just make good use of income. and gettin off that supject this new suzuki is gonna rip totally me and paul turner talked about it and he said it was gonna be a ripper no doubt, i can't wait to see how it does.

07-13-2005, 09:19 PM
i pay for everything on my quad, im 16 years old, i payed for everything since i was 14...my parents bought me my 400ex, then i bought my 450r, but i bought all my aftermarket stuff for both of them...that doesnt matter tho...everyone knows if they were a kid and their parents were rich...they would like all that stuff 2...i mean y treat neone differently because of that...its dumb and immature :rolleyes:

hawiianpwr
07-13-2005, 10:04 PM
All I got to say is its about time they started putting F.I. on quads! You just cant beat it

Jersey450R
07-14-2005, 05:27 AM
I'm wondering if the parts off the 450Z are going to be interchangable with honda, like the shocks, wheels, ect. :blah:

wood1of3
07-15-2005, 10:19 PM
WOW look where we are, correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it just a couple years ago that Honda and Yamaha were making RACE READY quads with their breed of 450's. It's not the manufactures bad, it's our's we are always wanting more! We buy after market everything for every quad we get and we always will.........thank you AFTERMARKET let Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha continue to build a better bike and the aftermarket vendors continue to improve them.......we all are going to benefit.

07-15-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by wood1of3
WOW look where we are, correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it just a couple years ago that Honda and Yamaha were making RACE READY quads with their breed of 450's. It's not the manufactures bad, it's our's we are always wanting more! We buy after market everything for every quad we get and we always will.........thank you AFTERMARKET let Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha continue to build a better bike and the aftermarket vendors continue to improve them.......we all are going to benefit.

wow! you put that perfectly :macho

T2RACING
07-16-2005, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by wood1of3

That sounds exactly right... couldn't have put it better myself...