PDA

View Full Version : wearing helmets

Ex_Rider43
05-30-2002, 06:43 PM
I want to know what's in the head of those who ride without a helmet??? I just think that they will not realize how important it is until they will crash and hurt them. what do you think of them?

Sparkles
05-30-2002, 06:55 PM
they'll learn.. when i ride in sawdust pits i take my helment off i find it to hot and not like im going nuts out there, im responcable

Nausty
05-30-2002, 07:23 PM
hey guys anyone wanna donate a helmet? Broke it last weekend. This helmet has been through **** and back;) I have had to replace the visor and the chrome cover for the vent on the front. The insides don't stay in and I got tape holding it together and small chunks have been taken out of the helmet from going through a window when i hit our house on my yz80(twist throttle) Last time I wrecked the quad flipped and smashed my head into the ground when it landed on me.

Pappy
05-30-2002, 07:57 PM
if ya dont wear a helmet, this could be you!!
http://exatak.com/DSCN0080.JPG

Razorback
05-30-2002, 08:54 PM
LOL :D

05-31-2002, 09:19 AM
IS that a pic of Nausty?????:eek:

CranMan
05-31-2002, 10:42 AM
I don't know about you guys...but I've wrecked wearing a helmet and smacked my head pretty good. What went through my mind the second my head smacked the ground was "thank god for the helmet". Some will learn the hard way, some will never learn. It's just the same for seat belts.

lil400exman
05-31-2002, 03:02 PM
exactly! i am going to post a pic i cracked m helmet in the rear all the way through when i flipped my quad and it was one of the best helmets bieffies 250 dollar hemet and i just crackedd it like it was an egg shell so just think if it was my head! bone is softer than plastic!:huh :huh :huh i just dont know why people wouldnt ride with out it!

Nausty
05-31-2002, 04:07 PM
yeah I don't see how a person could be dumb enough to never wear one. A lot of people that live around me that ride never wear them and I just know they are gonna crash and get messed up and hopefully it won't be that bad. I have lost count of how many times its saved me from looking like a vegtiable.

EX Fanatic
05-31-2002, 09:06 PM
If I ain't wearing a helmet, I almost feel naked!!! There is nothing dumber than riding a quad without a helmet. There are a few exceptions, thought.

Sparkles
06-01-2002, 05:37 AM
my friend was telling me the other day that a 4x4 was driving down the road and it hit a truck, there was 2 people on it and one of them hit the pavment hard and hes pretty sure that she has brain damage

DVS_Freestyler
06-01-2002, 07:42 AM
hey if i had a scanner id gladly show you my flesh wounds!! i bet i got you all beat. ripped off half my face, stayed overnight in the ER, all beacause i took my bro's cr125 to fast over an approach. pretty nasty :P

06-02-2002, 12:54 AM
well, i ride around my yard witout one, its flat, and turns, in like 2nd, not ever on the power really, but its flat, now ridin and jumpin and all, i wear it all the time

beerock
06-02-2002, 05:17 AM
alway wear a helmet!
;)

DiceMan400
06-02-2002, 08:37 AM
I always have mine on..... Even if I am on a flat area not going fast....... Anything can happen at any time and I dont wanna mess up my pretty face...... LOL....... Helmets are very important and have saved my head more than once...... Oh and not strappin the helmet on dont count...... The helmet sould also be secured at all times....... People that do not wear helmet mess up our sport more than it is already......

big-guy
06-02-2002, 10:54 AM
Evolution stops when stupidity is no longer fatal.

muff
06-05-2002, 06:45 PM
i may be wrong but i heard that helmets break like that so something gives when you hit somethin, i'd rather have a helmet that breaks rather than a block of cement on my head

in some cases they shouldnt break but in the bad ones they should

SGA
06-05-2002, 11:19 PM
Yeah, we had a couple of girls in the next county-13 and 9 years old on a honda foreman take a corner too fast. They hit the pines, killed the 13 year old who was driving, hurt the 9 year old pretty bad who was riding on the back. No helmets:( Sigh

crashinmatt
06-06-2002, 06:07 AM
yeah my brother was ridin our trx300 4x4 and he wasnt wearin a helmet. he tried tom go through a ditch, with someone on the back. well, lets just say he was lucky with a nose busted in a couple of places, a few cuts and the pain. the person on the back was even luckier, my brother fell on top of him. neither with a helmet.

JabberJaw
06-06-2002, 07:59 AM
I don't see anything wrong with riding without a helmet!

I ride all the time just past midnight, 3 rows over, and kaapooow, she sits down asks for my papers, starts the engine, and boooooom the janitor shows up and wants his french fries!

So I don't see the problem!

harebounder
06-06-2002, 03:56 PM
To the guy that doesn't wear a helmet because he ride slow in the yard. I was doing the same 2nd gear winter time slush in the driveway, getting the picture. Letting off the gas,*** end floated and started comin around front tires went into the ruts of hard snow over the handle bars i went luckily only ended up with a mild concussion and a sore neck. Never riding without it again. The sad part is i was always the one preaching to everyone never to ride without one. My advice to your family and friends do it for them if not for yourself. Don't make them wonder how was he/she was so stupid. Why didn't his parents ever teach him right. Don't put them through the grief. Believe it or not someone out there prolly does love you or atleast like you.

Nausty
06-06-2002, 10:24 PM
kinda off topic but yesterday i got my brand new bubba stuart replica helmet. pretty sweet too and looks awsome I'll post some pics later.

06-06-2002, 10:36 PM
Evolution stops when stupidity is no longer fatal.

Damn thats a good one, and whoever did not get it
better wear that thing all day long:D

toby400ex
06-18-2002, 12:03 AM
only an idiot doesnt where a helmet when riding an ex. i have many times said its a good thing i wear a helmet and i havent even been riding 2 years. 2 days after i got my 300ex i hit a rut in third went over the bars and the seat hit me in the back of the head , push ed my head into the dirt and broke my nose piece like the picture of that broken helmet , ........wait a minute thank god i was wearing a chest protector too.:p