PDA

View Full Version : Where To Take An ATV Trip In The US??

speedy400
07-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Well my dad and I are just ITCHIN to go riding on a trip along with a few of my riding buddies. We used to go once a year but now I look back and the last trip was over 2 years ago! We've been to Little Saharah Oklahoma, Badlands Indiana, countless trails, tracks and pits in WI and MN... We are from southern MN. Now we need some ideas for this summer's trip. My dad is looking for hard packed dirt trails, the less sandy the better but not muddy... haha picky picky picky.. Me and a few of my friends like tracks, but mostly if we find a good trail as my dad describes we'd Love to rip it up all day. Also a campground is a need be. Gotta camp to have a good trip!! Let me know what ya guys come up with!!-darren

DH400EX
07-11-2005, 05:22 PM
ever thought about H/M in west virginia?? never been but everyone says its a blast up there.

F-16Guy
07-11-2005, 05:27 PM
You could do the Paiute Trail in central Utah. I think it's about a 200 mile loop, with ATV friendly towns along the way. Google it. It looks pretty nice.

450r51
07-11-2005, 05:30 PM
the hatfield mcCoy trails r great, but other good trails r in allegheny national forest in PA, you can camp right on the trail head for free and for a day pass its $10 but i think if you ride for more than 5 days it will be cheaper to get a yrs membership then to buy them individually. great trails ranging from expert to begginer, the trails r wide enough in some parts to drive 4 semis down, and you go past real working oil derricks. and some sweet pits that you can really rip it up on, over 200 miles of trails ( I think).

07-11-2005, 06:27 PM
go to hat field mccoy, im goin there the 6th of august for a week, it's goin to be awsome from what i hear

- pm me if your goin to go

Hyperwarrior22
07-11-2005, 06:31 PM
If you ride to hatfield mccoy you can also hit up raush creek motorsports park

great mx riding!!!!!

AlbaKFX
07-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
the hatfield mcCoy trails r great, but other good trails r in allegheny national forest in PA, you can camp right on the trail head for free and for a day pass its $10 but i think if you ride for more than 5 days it will be cheaper to get a yrs membership then to buy them individually. great trails ranging from expert to begginer, the trails r wide enough in some parts to drive 4 semis down, and you go past real working oil derricks. and some sweet pits that you can really rip it up on, over 200 miles of trails ( I think).

Any more info on this place? Where is it located, what are the seasons, etc? Sounds like an awesome place... I was going to go to Ocala in FL, or Hatfield, but if this place is just as good & is closer by to me in MA, it will make for an awesome trip. But then again, it wont be until late october/mid november and by then there might be snow.

Some more info is appreciated anyway, I can't find any, searched google.

450r51
07-11-2005, 06:52 PM
well i know it stays open most of the year they only close before the snow hits so they can get a good base then it opens again, and they close at the end of the winter so the snow melts and the trails dont get ruined due to the excess rain. i can try and find some more info about i could even get u a website, i jsut havent been there in a year. i will get back to u as soon as i can, ill even find u maps and stuff, and theres about 5 or more trail heads in the forest/surrounding area, but i know you can only camp at a couple of them. and to get the passes you have to go to the parks dept i think or a couple of powersports shops they, r only about a couple miles away from the forest. like i said ill get back to as soon as i can.

speedy400
07-11-2005, 08:12 PM
we're kinda looking 8-10 hour or less drive would be real nice Keep em comin!!-darren

AlbaKFX
07-11-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm looking at probably 8 and a half hours to get there. Would definately be doable for a 3-4 day weekend, thats for sure. 450R51, thanks for any info you can get. Maps would be great, specifically address/roads/where to park. That is pretty much the basic of what I need.

I'll have to look to see if we have any holidays that fall on a Friday or Monday, so me and some guys can travel for a few hours to go riding for a full day.

07-11-2005, 10:04 PM
silver lake MI sand dunes 1 of the best sand spots in the us

450r51
07-12-2005, 06:16 AM
albakfx i sent u a pm

jcv400ex
07-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Here is the website for the ANF. http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/allegheny/recreation/atv_trails/

Good trail, also near by the ANF (45 miles) is Majestic Trails. They have great trails, 40 miles or so, and a MX track. Nice place to make a day of. check them out at

http://www.majestictrails.com/

If you need anymore info, let me know!

Woodsrider
07-12-2005, 11:45 AM
I too was going to suggest Utah, until you limited the drive to 8-10 hours. Utah has some great ATV opportunities, and senery like you have never seen before.

07-12-2005, 11:55 AM
there is a place in la with like 4 tracks all within 20 min of each other then another hour away are some of the best trails in the us they are really cool because the go around this abandond veitnam or ww2 training camp and another 45min from there is s'more really awesome fast trails

kwatts400
07-13-2005, 01:39 AM
Hatfield/Mccoy sounds like what you are looking for.

bman9
07-13-2005, 11:56 AM
up here :) if interested pm and ill hook ya up with the places to go things to see....blah blah :D

Rich250RRacer
07-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Try the Huron National Forest, Bull Gap and Meadows trail systems. Great harescrambles type trails. You can get a room or cabin in Mio, Michigan and ride out right from your room. There's about 150 miles of trails there, and hundreds more within an hours drive from Mio. Go to the Songbird motel for rooms or cabins, they're very nice people and very resonable rates.