PDA

View Full Version : Oxygenated gas

Nick110
07-11-2005, 10:05 AM
whats so special about it.

07-11-2005, 11:49 AM
its just what it says it is oxeygen enriched gas and it increases horse power, its not the same as high octane gas though if thats what you where wondering

Nick110
07-11-2005, 12:20 PM
what does the oxygen in it do and is it worth it to buy it or just by 110. the oxygenated gas is 97

JForestZ34
07-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Oxygenated gas doesn't give you more horsepower. The only thing it does it cut down on the emissions of the vehicle that is burning it. The more oxygen in the fuel the less the emissions will be.

James

Juggalo
07-11-2005, 01:44 PM
hmmm if thats true then you must gain zero horsepower but sure have some clean exhaust when you use nitrous cuz nitrous crams all kinds of oxygen atoms in there! after market filters dont give you power either because they let more oxygen in, they just clean your emiisions up. same with super chargers and turbos. :rolleyes:

07-11-2005, 02:28 PM
oxeygenated def gives you more power its way better than 110 octane because once you get to high in octanes you will actualy loose power, and im not positive but i think it also helps it run cooler :ermm:

JForestZ34
07-12-2005, 12:57 PM
Well where should I start. First off I deliver gas for a living, and oxygenanted gas does nothing for horsepower. If it were SO much better than 110 octane how come when you purchase it it cost the same as regular gas. All it is is additives that helps lower the emissions in the winter time. Here read this it has to do with california but it appies to us as well.

http://home.att.net/~Lemon.J.Russell/poorgas.htm

I think this will HOPEFULLY make you understand what it is. Like I said it just gasoline with additives in it.

James

07-12-2005, 03:19 PM
straight from Vp racing fuels site http://www.vpracingfuels.com/vp_01_fuels.html?mgiToken=D031D802751904349

Makes up to 6% more power than pump gas and any basic nonoxygenated racing fuel

JForestZ34
07-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Your talking about racing fuel that's oxygenated. I thought that we were talking about pump gas, not racing fuel.
Obvously racing fuel will make more power.

James

JForestZ34
07-12-2005, 05:52 PM
I also highly doubt that it's the oxygen content that gives it more power, it's more like the octane rating. The higher the octane the higher the energy it has.

Also when you have no2 it's almost like pure oxygen going into the cylinder. Oxygen burns really hot that's why they use it in a oxy/acyeline torch to get it to burn hot. If you use nitrous to long you'll burn up your rings, that's because it burns really hot.

Next time you fill up at the gas station look for a sticker I don't know when they put it out but it will be on the pump, it say something like from Oct. 1 thru April 1, this pump will dispense oxygenated gasoline to lower emissions in your vehicle. They don't sell it to give you more power. Maybe the racing fuels do because that's what there made for but not reagular pump gas. The reason the put it in the race fuel is so it's cleaner burning not for more power.

James

trick450r
07-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
I also highly doubt that it's the oxygen content that gives it more power, it's more like the octane rating. The higher the octane the higher the energy it has.

Also when you have no2 it's almost like pure oxygen going into the cylinder. Oxygen burns really hot that's why they use it in a oxy/acyeline torch to get it to burn hot. If you use nitrous to long you'll burn up your rings, that's because it burns really hot.

Next time you fill up at the gas station look for a sticker I don't know when they put it out but it will be on the pump, it say something like from Oct. 1 thru April 1, this pump will dispense oxygenated gasoline to lower emissions in your vehicle. They don't sell it to give you more power. Maybe the racing fuels do because that's what there made for but not reagular pump gas. The reason the put it in the race fuel is so it's cleaner burning not for more power.

James

again WRONG...octane has nothing to do with more power...the higher the octane the higher the fuel will resist heat, and compression...a higher compression piston will need a higher octane rating because when gas is compressed it gets hot and sometimes combusts early, thus creating a "ping" this is why when you put a high compression piston in a quad you often need to run race gas...

Heybo
07-12-2005, 09:44 PM
There is not enough extra oxygen in oxygenated gas to produce a significant change in HP.

Nitrous and nitropropane don't burn. They break down at temperatures above 500 F and since a single molecule of it carries twice as much oxygen as air, it is a way to chemically supercharge your ride. Your jetting has to be set very rich to compensate for the extra oxygen in the cylinder. It also make your motor run hotter.

Octane is just a rating for how well the fuel resists explosion. The higher the rating the smoother the burn.....the lower the rating, the more likely to just explode upon ignition and not burn completely. The premature explosion is the pinging you here when you run cheap a low octane fuel.

High octane fuels (race gas) give absolutely no benefit to a stock motor. In fact, too high an octane rating can actually slow you down.

07-12-2005, 10:36 PM
okay oxeygenated pump gas doesnt increase power because it has very little oxygen i it but if you read my last post a little more closly it says that it is 6% more powerful than other nonoxygenated racing fuel

Nick110
07-13-2005, 11:41 AM
then stuff i bought was 97oct oxygenated. and it sure wasnt cheap. it was 9.50 a gallon. is that a rip off