PDA

View Full Version : maxxis front pro's

250r_86
07-11-2005, 12:17 AM
does anybody have any experience with maxxis front pro's on their quad?....if you do, what did you think of them?

TheBlasterMan
07-11-2005, 01:49 PM
i have them on my blaster and they are great! Very good traction, good for the trails from what i have used them for! They also wear very slowly....

bwamos
07-11-2005, 03:16 PM
There pretty good. The Razr & Razr2's are definatly the best up front for trails. I like the Holeshot MX or custom grooved radials for MX.

Haven't tried the iRazr's but the super thin sidewalls scare me away from them.

I like Bandit XC's for the REALLY nasty races, them things are indestructible.. but heavy as hell and square.. so not real smooth on the straightline, they will wear your butt out.. lol. Not to mention when hitting a water crossing they throw enough water to sink the titanic again.. lol. But great if you know theres an 80% chance of a DNF if you use your normal fronts. I'm talking extreme cases. lol.

All in all I have 4 sets of fronts.
Maxxis Razr2's (My reccomendation)
Bandit XC
ITP Holeshot MX
and my stockers on oblong rims for emergency backup. :D :eek2:

250r_86
07-12-2005, 02:10 AM
yea ive got razrs on the rear of my quad now and i wanted to get fronts too....but my buddy is sellin his front pro's on douglas red labels....he asked me if i wanted them before he posted them....i figured it was a hell of a deal for $100 but i just wanted to see if front pro's are a decent tire....he said he liked them but he just got holeshots so he doesn't need them anymore....looks like im gettin some new fronts :D....thanks for the info

rYan01400EX
07-14-2005, 01:51 PM
I run them on my EX. Pretty good tire overall..