PDA

View Full Version : simple question

grimlin2006
07-10-2005, 09:31 PM
when you put a new axle in a new carrier do you have to heat up the carrier or anything before puttin gthe axle in to make the bearings fit tight to the axle or do you just have to put it together and leave to axle and carrier alone. i guess what i'm trying to say is. Is it better to have the bearing tight on the axle or have to bearings slide a little on the axle. not side to side just like spinning wise. if you don't get what i'm trying to say just ask and i will try to explain it a little better. thanx for the help.

TheFontMaster
07-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Just grees the berrings and axel and you will be fine. But no there should be no play between the axel and the berrings, but heating one of the 2 up isn't necicary.

07-11-2005, 04:33 AM
mine slides in mint. I just put some greese on it. if it doesent go in mint there might be a little burr somewhere. file it off.

cdalejef
07-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Do not heat the new bearings, this will melt the seals and grease. Just slide the axle right in.

grimlin2006
07-11-2005, 10:31 PM
ok thanx alot.. i didn't think i should but i wanted to make sure that i wasn't suppose to. now i have 1 other question. which do you think is the better buy.. a lonstar carrier or a modquad carrier? which will hold up better for me. they are the only ones i can find that are in my price range and i need to know which one is better than the other one. thanx

TheFontMaster
07-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Well I haven't heard of modquad before, but I ran an LRS carrier in my old 300ex, and it never gave me any problems. I am a big fan of LSR's products, so thats the carier I would sugest for you.

grimlin2006
07-12-2005, 10:12 PM
thats what i was thinking of going with so i'm glad that is the one you recomended. hopefully it works out and i'm happy with my decision.. i'm sure i will be so thanx alot for your info and i'm sure i will be back with more questions in the future.