PDA

View Full Version : PRM / AC Parts

GrounD PoundeR
05-30-2002, 05:25 PM
Anyone know a site to go to to get good pricing on PRM products?
Trying to find the following:
PRM summit front bumper. PRM sells for 105.
AC propeg nerf bars - found for 179.

And a good skid for swing arm and frame.

I appreciate all your guys help here lately. Hopefully the people you refer me to have what I'm looking for in stock. Been looking at the links section but was hoping someone might know a better place.

SUPERFLY 400
05-30-2002, 05:35 PM
got my propegs from mottoman, He mad me mad. I ordered the red netting ($20 more) and got the black netting. I called him up to say what the F**K. He said he threw in the black just so i could get them. I said are you going to credit my account? He said no. but they are on back order and he has no idea when they will arrive (red netting). WHATEVER!! I did get them in 5 days.

Are you buy skids for PA? I'm not, I willn't get them in time. Maybe i can pick up some when i'm down there at a shop. Here's hoping!!:rolleyes:

GrounD PoundeR
05-30-2002, 05:54 PM
I see your in a much better mood today. I was going to give you a buzz last night. I'm still at work and dont have you number here. PM me it and I'll call.

As for Parts I'm just going to be prepared for anything. You want to put a 426 kit together while we're back home Superfly? :D I've been wanting skids and a bunch of other stuff so I'm buying all my bolt ons.... Like:

TC Racing Pipe
K&N power Kit if not a new carb.
Skids
PRM bumper
AC nerfs
Steering Stabilizer for those hill climbs bro... Dont want a root knocking me on my buttocks.

Anyone know if the Curtis Spark air flow mod and ignition advance key is worth it and what they look like or what the ignition advance key does?

SUPERFLY 400
05-30-2002, 06:51 PM
I PM'ed you my #. Call me. As for the 426 issue, I would go with the high comp (11-1) stock bore piston. Your bike is like brand new. I raced this guy with another 400ex. He had a FMF Q series slip on with Powerbomb header. I figured he!!, I can take him. he just got the Powerbomb header. Where as i dont. I beat him off the start. I was just getting 3rd gear pinned and he passed me. After he waxed my *****. I said damn, If the powerbomb did that, I'm getting one. He finally said that he had a stock bore 11-1 piston, web cam (drop in), Cam 2 fuel, and 16 tooth sproket, I also think he had it ported and polished. We switched quads, and I WAS IMPRESSED (OR HIGH OFF THE CAM2, LOL). He also had his quad lowerd. I watch this quy beat a modified raptor (it was close, like a quad lenth or so).

So to sum it up, how fast do you want to be going when you hit that tree on those tight trail. We all know about those damn trees jumping out in front of us. I already put my mark on one at Genoa.:D

GrounD PoundeR
05-30-2002, 06:59 PM
Like I said I'm getting my engine ported and polished for under 150 from a guy locally. Dam egine will look like a mirror when he is done. As for the drop in's well if I'm cracking the block open I should make it worth while. Beside you work on that junk all day long. Only this time if you want to do it pay better attention how the rings go in this time...
I will get a web cam stage 2 or a TC racing cam. **** I just drop over 2 g's in building my home computer ( just in the computer ) my quad is getting pissed over it. :p
As for the tree part they should've planted it there in the first place..

SUPERFLY 400
05-30-2002, 07:13 PM
Dont laugh, it will happen to you just give it time. Actually it was the sand that swallowed my quad up and spit me out in front of a tree. I hit the front tire (no damage on the quad except..) except for me, I'm still wearing the battle scar from me flying forward and the handlebar nailing the inside of my thigh. 4 more inches to the left and I might of had a serious problem:D :D !!

When you start thinning out your sleeve. Your engine is going to run hotter with the stock oil cooler. Something to think about since your already in a *****in hot state of TX. If I was you, I would just go with the stock bore 11-1 and a cam since your engine is still fresh. But its your money.

Rastus
05-30-2002, 07:38 PM
Do you guys know if I could get an oil tank, or something? Ive header of pingry oil tanks, etc. im jsut wondering, because mine gets pretty hot.

Thanks in advance.

GrounD PoundeR
05-30-2002, 08:09 PM
not sure myself. Try the links page or type there name in yahoo.

SUPERFLY 400
05-30-2002, 08:35 PM
Had to do it, #69:D

250er if you get a bigger oil tank this will help reduce some heat (more oil, longer it takes to heat up). Get the idea. Also, color me stupid, but if you have an oil cooler, get a aftermarket one (bigger in size). But I dont think 250's have a cooler:confused:
Also clean that mud from inside your fins on your cylinder jug. This well help. Check your jetting, it may be to lean. But after all you did bore it 80 over. It will run hotter.