PDA

View Full Version : Bike wont idle

fasthonda04
07-10-2005, 09:22 PM
about two days ago the bike just wouldnt idle. I cleaned the bottom of the carb out "bowl" and cleaned the air filter really good. if i adjust the idle screw up to a idle then bleep the throttle it will rev up then take some to come down . it will idle hi.all the intake boots are tight. can it be a bad spark plug or a seal leaking? there is no smoke coming out the exhaust showing a seal or rings worn :( maybe a piston or low compression?if i take the whole carb out what should i clean or look for?I have curtis sparks pipe , hrc needle 185 main 52 pilot and sparks racing filter and 2.5 turnes out on the air screw. iv been running this setup for a year with no problems.
P.S i cleaned the main fule filter inline.

thanx for any imput:)

nowukno
07-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Change the plug , it will do wonders or atleast check it. It takes a NGK Iridium IFR8H11

fasthonda04
07-10-2005, 09:44 PM
the plug is a nice brown tan color . the bike runs great from quarter throttle all the way up to full . tone of power and no smoke white or blue:)

do think the plug can still be bad?

nowukno
07-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by fasthonda04
the plug is a nice brown tan color . the bike runs great from quarter throttle all the way up to full . tone of power and no smoke white or blue:)

do think the plug can still be bad?

Oh i didn't know that the plug was brown , that can't be it. I guess wait for more advice.

fasthonda04
07-12-2005, 11:03 PM
im taking my bike down to sparks racing in bakersfield he thinks maybe its my vavles out of adjustment? will valves cause a bike not to idle?