PDA

View Full Version : need some help please

xrxmxcx
07-10-2005, 06:25 PM
:chinese:

if someone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated, and thank you very much in advance

what im looking for are two measurements off of the bottom a-arm on a 400ex, doesnt matter if they are aftermarket or stock a-arms they will be the same measurements

i included a diagram of the two lengths i am looking for, to help with explaining them, also in the picture it is as if you were standing on the right side ( from the front ) and looking at the a-arms

thanks again

xrxmxcx
07-10-2005, 06:28 PM
diagram

sheilla rae
07-10-2005, 06:51 PM
measuremeant#1=6 7/16"

measuremeant#2=1 11/16"(to the front outside of the flange)

...hope this helps!

xrxmxcx
07-10-2005, 07:33 PM
thanks alot!

xrxmxcx
07-10-2005, 07:43 PM
oh and can anyone get me two other measurements which would also help out greatly

the first i need is the same as measurement 1 above, but for the upper a-arm

the second is the distance from the center of the balljoint to the center of the pivot point on the frame, upper and lower a-arms, can be stock or extended, if its extended a-arms that your measuring include how many + inches there are

thanks again

sheilla rae
07-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx
oh and can anyone get me two other measurements which would also help out greatly

the first i need is the same as measurement 1 above, but for the upper a-arm

the second is the distance from the center of the balljoint to the center of the pivot point on the frame, upper and lower a-arms, can be stock or extended, if its extended a-arms that your measuring include how many + inches there are

thanks again

...you really need to buy a tape measure!...:D

upper a-arm......= same!

? #2...upper= 11 1/8"

...........lower= 13 9/16"

Your Welcome!.....now go buy my hubby a six-pack!...:p

....These are stock measuremeants...

xrxmxcx
07-10-2005, 08:20 PM

its hard to measure them when you dont have em`;)

im building a hybrid chassis using a different frame and making mounts for the a-arms, just needed some dimensions to see what i can manage:devil:

04'400ex'er
07-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx

its hard to measure them when you dont have em`;)

im building a hybrid chassis using a different frame and making mounts for the a-arms, just needed some dimensions to see what i can manage:devil: you should post pics of the bike in the works and the finished product. what kind of powerplant?

xrxmxcx
08-25-2005, 09:22 PM
oh i never replied to that, a yz400

vinson581
08-27-2005, 10:36 AM
xrxmxcx- even with that sick rappy 350 over at yfm i see you still have something up your sleeve....good for you man! post some pics of the convo

v581