PDA

View Full Version : Brake Fade Problem.

schulte_85
07-10-2005, 01:36 PM
I have recently have had my brakes start to fade on my 450r. Just the rears about half-way through the race. I put a steel-braided brake line on after the Wisp. I bent the hell out of my rotor. Could my caliper be junk? It worked great for the first half hour the race, but then they started to fade again, even with the steel-braided line.

Chino
07-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by schulte_85
I have recently have had my brakes start to fade on my 450r. Just the rears about half-way through the race. I put a steel-braided brake line on after the Wisp. I bent the hell out of my rotor. Could my caliper be junk? It worked great for the first half hour the race, but then they started to fade again, even with the steel-braided line.

are you sure you got all of the air out of the lines when u switched over to the steel ones? that would be the first place i would start is try and bleed them again and make sure there is no air in them...

cdalejef
07-11-2005, 08:00 AM
You could also be dragging the brakes and boiling the fluid. Try to ride with your foot off the lever. DOT 5 has a higher boiling point so changing out your fluid to 5 will help.

schulte_85
07-11-2005, 09:15 AM
I do drag my foot quite a bit. I will also try the dot 5. Can you get that at any auto-store?

cdalejef
07-11-2005, 09:43 AM
You can get it at some auto parts stores but the kind from a motorcycle shop would be a better choice.

schulte_85
07-11-2005, 10:07 AM
alright I will try that. Thanks