PDA

View Full Version : 03 griz, rear wheel not driving, please help

dallas44432
07-10-2005, 12:16 PM
ive replaced the joint in the rear wheel in the past, when it broke it tore the boot in half. this time there is no torn boot at either end of the joint yet the wheel doesnt drive. the bike pulls to the side under power and i've had the quad in sand and there is no power going to the wheel at all. no broken sounds comming from the area or anything. help with advise if you can please...dallas

honda400ex2003
07-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Just cause it doesn't have any sounds coming from it doesn't mean it isn't broke. My friends dad had a griz break two or three shafts at the same time, it was only a one wheel drive griz but there were no sounds of grinding or anything. Let me know how it turns out. Just my two cents though. Steve

dallas44432
07-11-2005, 10:20 PM
im about to tear this griz apart, just wondered where to look for the damage. i think if the joint was broke it would have tore the boot..you may be correct and the boot just is turning on the shaft. will let you know...dallas

chevy71
07-12-2005, 05:36 AM
dallas,

You may want to post this in the Utility Quad section. You may get more responses especially from mudmonstergrizz. He has helped me out in the past with a few questions on my new Grizz.

Try it, see what repsonses you get. I am of no help on this one.

James

dallas44432
07-12-2005, 05:01 PM
thanks for the advise, i'll give it a try...dallas