PDA

View Full Version : Arms vs. Axle

250-R-250
07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
HPey, I just traded my +3 arms for +2, and I have a question about the a arm with to the axle, if I get +2 +1 front end, what should my axle be for the best handeling? Should i get a +2 or +4 rear end Whats the most desired setup?

87250rxrider
07-10-2005, 01:33 PM
get the LSR +2+2 axle. you can adjust it to the width that you like best, but i would say leave it all the way at +4 for the best handling,and if you do a lot of really tight woods, than def get the LSR +2+2, that way you can adjust it to fit your riding style.
-Ryan

velocityatv
07-10-2005, 01:35 PM
As far as wich width is better is up to your set up and the track conditions. Most all aftermarket MX axles are adjustable. They narrowist width on most is +1 all the way narrow. Then you add spacers to adjust it from +1 to +4. We've found that keeping the rear end slightly narrower than the front helps with traction in the corners. Especially when the track is slick.

250-R-250
07-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks, that was what I was looking for, now, one thing I dont understand, if I get the +2 front end and a +2 axle, will that mean that they will be even? or should I get a +2 front and +1 rear? its just weird, I guess all I am asking is if I get a +2 front what size rear will I need to make it slightly smaller in width

velocityatv
07-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Keep your +2 front end

If you can, get an adjustable axle from +2 to +4. If you feel your front end isn't wide enough change to widder offset rims.

Just because your front end is +2 and your rear is +2 does not mean they're the same width. You still need to measure. If you have any aftermarket rims this can change your width.

mxfoxracermx
07-10-2005, 06:13 PM
hey if you are interested I have a rpm dominator adjustable axle for sale. it was only rode on a couple of times. there are no bends, scratches, or rust spots on the axle. I would like to get 200 plus shipping