PDA

View Full Version : FMF exhaust

motox450
07-09-2005, 07:02 PM
I have just started riding quads and I have a quick question. I have always used FMF exhausts on my CRF bikes and loved them, but it seems like very few people that ride quads use them. Everyone uses HMF, Sparks, Pulse Charger, or the Rossier. Why do so people use what are considered to be the best exhausts on bikes(mainly FMF and Pro Circuit)? Any insight would be great.

troutman561
07-09-2005, 07:20 PM
i run a fmf powercore 4 on my 400... but then again its not a 450, but on the 400 had great gains and have gotten many compliments on them... maybe ppl just want stuff new and exciting that hasnt been around for years

redlined94
07-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Alot depends on what the company concentrates on. Like Pro Circuit and FMF they are big in the two stroke category but when you go to 4 strokes HMF and Sparks and the rest specialize in these engines and they know there stuff. Thats what I think they are different about.

desratt
07-11-2005, 06:27 PM
go to the dunes or races and see what people run and what fast people run.

boards are like a small town. where as everyone on it seams to be biased to one exhaust or another. you know the " in thing"
fmf and pro circuit probably put more money in to 4 stroke r&d then some of these whole companies have in their budget.

yes I run an fmf factory 4

motox450
07-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Yeah because of all motocross bikes going to 4-strokes it forced FMF and Pro-circuit to antee up and really dump some cash into the 4-stroke R&D. I am just trying to see if I want to go with my good old trusted FMF or go with Rossier.

redlined94
07-11-2005, 07:04 PM
I hear good things about the people that actually do get FMF for the 4 strokes. I know they are a really solid system for a 400ex so I bet they are the same for the R. There so many pipes out there anymore that you just gotta go with what you like and not what other people tell ya. They all add at least a little bit of power so it really doesnt matter. So if you like FMF I say go for it!!