PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Extreme Dirt Track ATV Racing - RD#2 - Birch Creek - Live ATV Race Coverage

Admin
07-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Live Updates from the Track coming tonight

OutlawEX
07-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Dang do you have a clone? U are at 2 races providing the Outdoor race and the TT. You da man.

Admin
07-09-2005, 08:24 PM
The Pro Race has been delayed due to a horrible crash in the last amateur race of the evening, Production B. One of the quads wrecked and actually was launched into the stands hitting spectators watching the race. Several were seriously injured and one woman was knocked out and all racing has been suspended until everyone can receive medical attention.

Warnerade
07-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Ive seen that happen at the Detroit Silverdome for a SX race 3 years ago, amateur racer over shot a jump, lost control, launched him and himself over a berm and into the stands. Thankfully it was an amateur race, and wasnt many spectaters, and non in that area. Hope everyone ends up to be ok.

Admin
07-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Harold Goodman pulled the Holeshot followed by Shane Hitt, Tim Farr, Keith Little, Darin Ogden, Daryl Rath, and Eric Jennings. The leaders remained the same for the first half of the race, and at the half way point, Shane Hitt made a mistake which allowed both Farr and Little to move up one position with Hitt dropping back to 4th place ahead of Ogden.

With two laps to go, Ogden made the pass Hitt to move into 4th place, and on the last lap, Farr cut to the inside of Goodman as they dashed to the finish line with Farr out powering Goodman to take the Win.

Notable was HB Racings, Eric Jennings, finishing 7th in his first Pro Extreme Dirt Track race.

Pro Finish
1. Tim Farr
2. Harold Goodman
3. Keith Little
4. Darin Ogden
5. Shane Hitt
6. Daryl Rath
7. Eric Jennings
8. Brad Covington

MrP
07-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Admin
One of the quads wrecked and actually was launched into the stands hitting spectators watching the race. Several were seriously injured and one woman was knocked out and all racing has been suspended until everyone can receive medical attention.

Thats wild. I hope everyone is okay. A few years back at the Birch Creek mx National I got hit off the start and went out the fence 4th gear and hit a woman. She was hurt pretty bad. Anyway hopefully the injuries will not be too bad!

Warnerade
07-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by MrP
Thats wild. I hope everyone is okay. A few years back at the Birch Creek mx National I got hit off the start and went out the fence 4th gear and hit a woman. She was hurt pretty bad. Anyway hopefully the injuries will not be too bad! i talked to my friend who went. Only one person was hurt badly, she ahd a head injury and a leg injury. She went to the hospital, everyone else was treated at the track.

EvilJester400EX
07-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Yeah, I was there last night and the woman in the stands was taken to the hospital just for a routine checkup. She had head injuries and a cut on her leg so I heard. The riders looked very shaken, it took one rider at least 5 minutes to get up, I thought he had a severe injury and was shocked to see him actually stand up. On the last lap Harold Goodman dove to the inside to protect his line from Tim Farr and ended up making slight contact with a rider that had spun out. Great race. (and that's from a motocrossers point of view! lol)

One_Bad_400
07-10-2005, 10:18 AM
goodman is ripping it up this year:blah:

Cody_300ex
07-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey harlen are you going to be at the Paduacah TT and FT National?

iceracer65
07-11-2005, 11:18 AM
i just got back...great time as usual!

goodman would have won imo.he and farr were coming up to lap zac willet, willet half spun goodman had to check up to avoid him.

GREAT action!

ericjennings450
07-11-2005, 12:06 PM
thanks to the owner of HB racing Mike O!
eric jennnings 38

Admin
07-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by ericjennings450
thanks to the owner of HB racing Mike O!
eric jennnings 38

Great Pro racing debut, Eric

Also, A big thanks does go to HB Racing (http://www.hellboundracing.com/) , Mike, for providing the live updates.

lgs_25
07-11-2005, 06:01 PM
About the guys in the amateur race... one of which is a close friend of mine, the one who lay on the ground for about 5 minutes, has a concussion and extremely bad road rash, another guy who i talked to after the race, broke his arm and had bad cuts from someones chain. Both guys were ran over by other riders.

iceracer65
07-12-2005, 07:55 AM
you talking about the production B?

i saw you almost had an off too, nice save!!

LuckyOxygen
07-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by lgs_25
About the guys in the amateur race... one of which is a close friend of mine, the one who lay on the ground for about 5 minutes, has a concussion and extremely bad road rash, another guy who i talked to after the race, broke his arm and had bad cuts from someones chain. Both guys were ran over by other riders.

Whats up Lakyn, this is Scott. How did you do?

Warnerade
07-12-2005, 12:09 PM
is tehre going to be any photos from this?

HBracer
07-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Well I tried to take some pics as well as calling in the updates. They are not to good but I'll try to post some tonight.
Thanks Mike O

Cody_300ex
07-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
Hey harlen are you going to be at the Paduacah TT and FT National?

dart450r
07-12-2005, 05:56 PM
the woman in the stands is alright... the guy that won the 265/450 b class... that was his grandmother... we were on a role that night until we broke a crankcase cover... he prolly woulda won all his classes if it wouldn't have been for 2 motor cases broke..... gonna have to teach him how to start his bike i guess

lgs_25
07-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Yea well im still mad over that one... just wasnt my night. I guess maybe i can finish the race next time without either wreckin or blowin my motor... :(

lgs_25
07-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Oh... and umm Scott, I finished 8th, got hit twice. Just didnt have a good night. Pretty upset, i just cant finish a race... :( I dont know what my deal is. Maybe i'll do better in Ashtabula... :D