PDA

View Full Version : powder coat gun

2001300exguy
07-09-2005, 06:05 PM
here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1467&item=5596539805&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)
has anyone used this or would you recomend using it. not for a big business but maybe for a few frames in my garage or smaller items or would it be worth it to get one of the $1000+ guns
also has anyone seen the kits in the eastwood magazines are eastwoods guns any better

WKY400EX
07-10-2005, 04:35 PM
That gun looks like the ones that the Eastwood Company sells. If you're just going to do small things on occasion, I wouldn't spend a whole lot of money. The small setups do just fine.

You can always get a really nice setup later if you decide to go into business or something.

sampleez
07-10-2005, 09:51 PM
that's the same one as i got. i think it works pretty good. but if you think you'll get serious about it, go ahead and get a good one, cause this one seems to waste quite a bit of powder.

and btw, do some research on the net about pc'ing. there's some pretty helpful stuff out there.

i'm thinking about modifying mine if i can find some info on the parts this one uses :devil:

but as you can see, it does a pretty good job :)

in the pic i did the clutch cover, valve cover, heat shield, motor mounts, oil tank, pegs, fender mounts

http://img275.echo.cx/img275/7835/yfzclutchcover1tg.jpg

07-10-2005, 10:07 PM
the problem with thoes is where to bake the items. a frame dont fit in an oven.

2001300exguy
07-10-2005, 11:20 PM
what is th disadvantage between those and the real $$$ guns. im probably just going to be doing a few things for me and friends

sampleez
07-10-2005, 11:32 PM
im not exactly sure. they're a lot more powerful, so they'll attract the powder to the metal a lot more, so you won't waste as much.

but go ahead and get that one if your just doing some stuff 4 you and some buddies.

the big prob is an oven tho. one big enough for a frame costs quite a bit, even if you build it your self...with steel like it is.

good luck with it, and make sure you practice a bunch b4 you do something important. and do a good job prepping the parts.

07-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
the problem with thoes is where to bake the items. a frame dont fit in an oven.