PDA

View Full Version : Arvins shocks on a 400ex

darkstar
07-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Are Arvins shocks of a cannondale good shocks. I want to know what are the good things about them or bad, it would help to see pics of them.

darkstar
07-09-2005, 06:57 PM
somebody has to be running a shock of a cdale

R'Fanatic
07-09-2005, 08:24 PM
First of all, they are OHLINS. I run dual rate ohlins on my EX right now and am about to send them in for an SSD conversion. The dual rates have a piggy back rezzy and a spring that is wound loose at the bottom and tight at the top(hence the dual rate action). For the money they are decent and I could elaborate a bit more but I worked really hard and am too tired to explain futhur. Run a search, there is TONS of info on these shocks believe it or not. Mine are not off a cannondale but this just gives you the gist of the info you were asking about.

darkstar
07-09-2005, 08:27 PM
yea Arvins came on some modle cdale's ok. do some research and you will see that and i know about OHLINS smart ***.

smokinwrench
07-09-2005, 08:47 PM
I read on a cdale site that they weren't very good and thats why they switched to the ohlins.

R'Fanatic
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Sorry man, my 14yr old brother signed in and thought it'd be cute to impersonate me. I'm not a smartass and I do know about the use of arvin shocks on the early model C'dales. Sorry for the inconvience. My size 13 is up his *** as we speak.:macho