PDA

View Full Version : Flowing Fuel

hollywood250r
07-09-2005, 05:29 PM
I went riding yesterday. During a rest I looked down and gas was just flowing out of my overflow tube. I taped the carb a few times but it would not stop. This is a new pwk 35mm A/S carb with about 10 or less hours on it. I have never had a leaking fuel issue. I am hoping the float did not go bad. I have not investigated the carb yet. I was just suprised when it happen. I barely made it home. I live on a hill so I cut my motor off as soon as I turned on my street and coasted into my driveway. At that time I looked into my take and it was dry. Has anyone else had their carb do this all of a sudden?

TRX370R
07-09-2005, 06:00 PM
I have had a small piece of debris holding the needle and seat open. Sometimes the tapping trick works sometimes it doesn't. Pull off the bowl and spray all passages with some brake/carb cleaner.

Iliketogofast
07-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Be careful with that, I had that problem and I just turned the gas off all the time... I blew my piston.

hollywood250r
07-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Well I pulled off the carb. I found dirt particles in the bowl. I clean the carb and blew air through all the passages. Next I put the carb back on the bike and turned on the gas. Once again, fuel is draining from the bowl overflow. I remove the carb again and take the bowl off. Next I cut a gallon milk jug in half. Then I placed the carb above the cut off milk jug and connected the fuel line. I held the float and turned the gas on. No leakage. I let the float go and fuel drains. That is expected. I pull the float up and the fuel stops. I conclude the the needle valve is working correctly. That leaves the float level in question. I put gas in the cut off milk jug and made sure the float did float. It did! Then I dried the float and shook it to make sure no gas was in the float. I adjusted the tab on the float a little and put the bowl back on! Hooked up the gas line, turned it on and waited for the fuel to run out of the bowl overflow hose. No drainage. Good. I put the carb back on the motor and left the gas on. No drainage.

Has anyone had their float adjustment change suddenly. This happen to me all of a sudden. I never had any problems leaving the fuel on and having the fuel drain out the overflow. Could a jump case the float to come out of adjustment?

baker250r
07-17-2005, 09:38 PM
yea i just had that today with my air stryker... turned gas on and it drained. just had been dry for so long and i put it on today and the floats had just stuck. took it off and flipped em a few times and took it off and cleaned it... no drainage now