PDA

View Full Version : alignment problem

bonified5
07-09-2005, 12:29 PM
I just put on a new front left hub. everytime i put on the brakes the front left wheel turns left and makes the quad follow. how do i adjust this?

plkmonster2
07-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Did you change the disk also? Sounds like the left disk is gripping more. When I got my 400 muddy, it acted like that because of the dirt in between the pad and the rotor. You could try to change the brake pads so that they break into the disk.

lonestar13r
07-09-2005, 12:49 PM
yeah, sounds like your breaks deff. its either what plkmonster2 said or your pad's are shot on the left side and the right side isn't quiet gone yet.. mine did it to me , or possibly a bent rotor.
-Ethan

bonified5
07-09-2005, 08:10 PM
yea the rotor is new as well. what should i do.....push the pads back a bit?

bonified5
07-10-2005, 07:43 AM
the wheel goes off to the left when i push the front bumper down

lonestar13r
07-10-2005, 03:10 PM
:confused: ... mabye bent tie rod.... blown shock....busted ball joint..???

key4202003
07-10-2005, 03:32 PM
it sounds to me that the 'hub' you replaced has major play in the tie rod, and the right disk is not biting to stop the quad. how far does the wheel go left? put the front frame rails on a block and check for play. did you replace the bearings or the whole spindle?? on the spindle or hub there is a flange twords the rear of the tire or closest to your left foot that has a tie rod attached to it. this bar turns your quad. line up your wheeles straight with someone on the quad holding straight. standing in front wiggle the tire left to right, is there play in the tie rod, or in the wheel bearings? if tie rod un bolt a replace. if the wheel has no horizontal or verticle movement, then is sounds like the tie rod is too far out and the front right brake isnt working. let me know what happens, and if you cant dignaose the prob ill try and help you find it. let us know what you find out.:scary: BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE A TIE ROD END!!!

bonified5
07-10-2005, 03:50 PM
yea i replaced the whole front hub with the disk and all. When you sit on it the wheel turns to the left when u put on the brakes or push down on the front. Its actually my friends atv and he has it now, but we will take a look and keep you informed. thanks we appreciate it

huffdaddy_400EX
07-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Take a toe measurement. You might have to make an adjustment.

lonestar13r
07-11-2005, 05:13 PM
do you have stock a-arms or after maket camber adjustible ones??? if so, you probally need to mess around with tie rods and get it straightned up. unless you recently had them off of stock ones?? just look at every possible thing on it and you'll find out what leads to what. Good Luck
-Ethan