PDA

View Full Version : AC Pro Pegs Mounting?

rmw7949
07-08-2005, 09:46 PM
I posted this in the "Body" forum but I should have posted it here. I've got a set of AC Pro Pegs and the only thing that came w/them is the mounts that go where the stock pegs were. The forward mounts that are welded 2 the nerfs line up w/the most forward motor mounts but it just dont seem right. Theres about a 1inch gap in between the mount and the motor mount (the width of the frame tube)and I would probably have 2 rig up some kind of spacer and get a longer bolt. Am I just missing some hardware, wrong ones all 2gether, maybe, just possibly I'm retarded and looking at it wrong? I'd rather be retarded 2day b/cause I want 2 ride this weekend. Help!!! Thanks

Out_Sider
07-08-2005, 10:02 PM
mine came w/ the spacers and the bolts

rmw7949
07-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Well, at least I'm not crazy! I can probably rig something up. Does your's also have a gap between the bottom of the nerf and the frame tube below it? I only ask because this does'nt seem like is gonna be very strong.

jeepnrocks
07-08-2005, 11:17 PM
u can use a bunch of washers in a pinch.

rmw7949
07-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Ok same topic different question, How about the where the nerfs slide on 2 the mounts? They are pretty loose, I'd say their's probably a 1/16in difference in diameter. I've got them all mounted up and cinched down and when I climb on the thing theres all kinda movement right at the pegs? I thought my old DG's were junk and AC was the way 2 go. Could I have been wrong? Would really appreciate your guy's help if ya know what I' talkin about. Thanks

dunebuggie66
07-09-2005, 06:59 AM
one thing they fail to put in the instructions is that you need to drill a hole down through the nerf and through the mounting peg and put a bolt in there. this will hold them together nicely. good luck. or at least until your mounting peg breaks off. i broke two sets, now i run pro armor standard nerfs that bolt to your footpegs.