PDA

View Full Version : raptor catwalk

tits
07-08-2005, 07:02 PM
will a raptor lift the front end in 4th and 5th gear

660WickedRappy
07-08-2005, 08:17 PM
are you kidding me? mine totally stock and i can pop her up flat out in 5th with a little bit of effort

BushManRebel
07-09-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by tits
will a raptor lift the front end in 4th and 5th gear

Well most of you guys over there run a small front sprocket.

I know for 13/40 stock I can make her go up with no effort in 2nd gear just by hitting the throttle.

In 3rd gear no effort with 1 leg on the seat. I never really tried 4th because im trying to stay away from fast wheelies and learn more control of the bike with slow as possible wheelies.

btw I weigh 172 lbs.

Robin Hood
07-10-2005, 08:26 PM
145lbs. here, and I can lift her up in 3rd. I havent tried any higher cause its a bit too fast for me. But I prefer 2nd gear wheelies. I bet you can get em up given the right timing.

raptorrider686
07-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by 660WickedRappy
are you kidding me? mine totally stock and i can pop her up flat out in 5th with a little bit of effort

Thats BS. No way can you do that....unless your a heavy guy.

660WickedRappy
07-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by raptorrider686
Thats BS. No way can you do that....unless your a heavy guy.

well im 225....5th gear on the road about 1/2 rpm, pull in the clutch and hold it flat, pop the clutch and pull up, beleive me you can stand it up in 5th.....why would i lie about something like this?

BushManRebel
07-15-2005, 11:06 AM
well im 225....5th gear on the road about 1/2 rpm, pull in the clutch and hold it flat, pop the clutch and pull up, beleive me you can stand it up in 5th.....why would i lie about something like this?

Maybe this will help stop the 5th gear wheelies for him. http://www.leptopril.com/ :D

raptorrider686
07-15-2005, 11:06 AM

Some people like the attention. Why would you lie about it? Because some people like the attention and and to be different from everyone else.

raptorrider686
07-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Ok going in first gear you punch it... it will come right up and over wind it all the way out to 2nd gear your going and it will stand up wind it all the way out to 3rd gear and it will come up wind it all the way to 4th geard and it wont come up wind all the way to 5th gear and there is no way it is coming up unless you tug up really good on the handle bars.

660WickedRappy
07-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by BushManRebel
Maybe this will help stop the 5th gear wheelies for him. http://www.leptopril.com/ :D

I didnt find that too funny....just cause im 220 doesnt mean im 'fat'....im a big guy no doubt but im not fat. and im not lying bout the 5th gear wheelies.....when ur on the road in 5th, pull in the clutch pin the throttle, pop the clutch and at the same time yank up...you can rock in it up, its real hard to hold it, but beleive me it will stand up.

oh and i also left out i have 12t front sprok. which makes them easier too

660WickedRappy
07-15-2005, 03:22 PM
oh and i just read your sig bushman, the reason u cant get close to pulling it up in 5th is cause if that 16T front sproket:eek2: thats real big, your 4th is prolly like my 5th

BushManRebel
07-15-2005, 04:21 PM
I didnt find that too funny....just cause im 220 doesnt mean im 'fat'....im a big guy no doubt but im not fat. and im not lying bout the 5th gear wheelies.....when ur on the road in 5th, pull in the clutch pin the throttle, pop the clutch and at the same time yank up...you can rock in it up, its real hard to hold it, but beleive me it will stand up.

oh and i also left out i have 12t front sprok. which makes them easier too

wicked, I didn't mean to offend you in anyway shape or form so Im sorry if it came off the wrong way.

BTW I run Street so I need my top end settings, and with a bike that is setup like mine wouldn't be off road used.

660WickedRappy
07-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by BushManRebel
wicked, I didn't mean to offend you in anyway shape or form so Im sorry if it came off the wrong way.

BTW I run Street so I need my top end settings, and with a bike that is setup like mine wouldn't be off road used.

its cool bush, just kinda pissed me off calling me fat and a liar....i think it was a little uncalled for. but hye, with a quad like yours i dont blame you having it geard for the road and not wanting to get it dirty, but even with a quad as nice as yours i still dont beleive you have the right to call me a fat liar

BushManRebel
07-15-2005, 08:46 PM
its cool bush, just kinda pissed me off calling me fat and a liar....i think it was a little uncalled for. but hye, with a quad like yours i dont blame you having it geard for the road and not wanting to get it dirty, but even with a quad as nice as yours i still dont beleive you have the right to call me a fat liar
FYI I never called you fat or a liar or a fatliar. Recheck the post, take my apology and accept it...there is no reason to continue saying things I have not even said.

660WickedRappy
07-15-2005, 09:01 PM
well i agree you didnt go out and say it, but i garrentee thats what you were getting to...i dont even know you so i dont have any problem with you at all, i was just a little offended...but apology accepted:macho

raptorrider686
07-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Dude this is the millenium not the 70's:blah:

bman9
07-16-2005, 11:59 AM
your sig long enough? :rolleyes:

raptorrider686
07-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by bman9

Are you talking to me?

BushManRebel
07-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by bman9

A little donation can make it longer ;) I'll PM my paypal adres to you :D

tits
09-10-2005, 10:19 PM
dudes a fifth gear catwalk is pretty easy if u got guts to do it i just got a raptor a week ago and today i had her up in fifth like 3 times and i went quite a ways its all timing. im running 14/40 sprockets and im 160 pounds and im not lyin this is the total truth i dont know why you dont believe the other guy. oh yeah the raptor is pretty much stock

TheRidinLife01
09-12-2005, 05:27 PM
i know this thread is kinda old...but i have a 02 raptor that is stock(motor wise) and i can pull it up in 5th...im also running a 14t front. im 190lb. and have had my raptor for awhile im used to it and i know what it can do. dont get me wrong its all about timing/strength/skill/and balls.....but no doubt will it lift in 5th with some effort:macho