PDA

View Full Version : Battery life

05-30-2002, 10:15 AM
I was lubin up cables and such last night on the 416 and when I went to crank the sucka over the battery was pretty much dead. I'm just wondering if anybody out there that has replaced your battery,,how long was the life of it before you replaced it..My quad is less than 2 years old,,seems like it should last longer.

PS..it's not loose connections,,it's the battery.

05-30-2002, 10:19 AM
my quad is over three years old now and the battery is finally dead and can't take charge. I noticed it going down hill about 3 months ago.

Wheelie
05-30-2002, 10:26 AM
Mine's 32 months old and still going strong.:)

ride300exred
05-30-2002, 02:15 PM
Rico Do you constanly shut the machin off every time you start and start back up , That is alot of discharging and charging a battery only can take so much before the plates wear out.
Also , Did you know a battery discharges 1.25 % every day even though if it just sits thats why its good to get a battery tender and leave it on when not it use the little trickle of a charge will not do as much of harm as running it or a car battery charger I would reccomend a Battery tender to anyone anywhere that has a lawnmower, Atv, Enduro bike, car or anything with a battery that sits , 2 Years is a decent amount out of battery, While you probraly can get a little more out of it , I got about 2 1/2 years out of the last battery on my 300 . Now I've got a new one should last about that long , Also if you run Aftermarket lights that can also prove to be a potttential problem , Dead battery's can/ or will be a normal thing . Pick up a battery tender at a local harware store Or like a Home depot or a Lowes. They all have them.
Well here's my $.10 cuz my $.02 is free
Hope I helped Kris

Giz400ex
05-30-2002, 02:48 PM
Mine also is 3 years old and still going strong!!!

Tommy 17
05-30-2002, 04:35 PM
i leave my key on some times over night and it has never gone dead in 2 years... and it keeps goin and goin and goin...

Sick0
05-30-2002, 05:33 PM
Rico my battry is about 15 months old an it deader than a door nail. It die at the race and I didn't finish the race. I notice the battry was dying on me about 2 months before it completely die. It got to the where it go from full charge to die in about 20 mins.

Its my fault, I have my quad hot wired with no way to turn it off. I know its not the best setup but I have fix it since. It cost me 70.00 to replace at the locally dealer.

I hear a battry from a CBR street bike is a better battry and will start the quad alot easyer.

P.S. My friend was using my quad and the bolts fell out that holds down the battry. He rode the quad around for 20mins with the battry hanging breaking the battry into a million peice. Getting battry acid all over the place. The battry was brand( I bought it 30mins before)and I had to push start my quad once again.
I hope I helped.:devil