PDA

View Full Version : looking for quad for my kids need advice

Nathan T
07-07-2005, 11:58 PM
Hi, I found your site by doing a search on Google for "best kids quad". Anyway, I was wondering if you could give me some advice about a quad for my kids. This will be their first one and they are 11 and 9. I really don't have a lot to spend right now so I either have to get something really cheap or save up and get them one next year. When I say really cheap I'm talking like $600 or something tops. That's all I can really afford right now and that's really pushing it.

My question is are those things they sell on Ebay (Loncin Cobra GTX50) worth even considering? There are several on there and I could pick it up and probably get one for around $400 (new). They also have some Kazuma on there locally that I think I could get for around $500, but from what I saw on the specs between the two I thought the Loncin would probably be better??? Then again I really have no idea.

It's either that or try to find something pretty cheap used or like I said save up some $$$ for one but I probably wouldn't be able to get anything until next year. And I really want to get them something this year if possible.

Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

HondaEXrider22
07-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Save up and get a 250EX. Great starter quad, very, very easy to maintain, good price comapre to the Z250. Dont go below 200cc. They will just grow out of it. To make it cheaper try to get a used one.

Hon300ex
07-08-2005, 08:41 AM
a 50 is pretty small...... you should probably get them a 90, like a kasea or sumthing. hope this helps

450r51
07-08-2005, 09:09 AM
i would save up for a year or so and get a 250ex they r great quads and easy to maintain, plus your kids will get bigger so they will be able to handle the 250ex. and u can get a used one for around $1500-$2500

Robin Hood
07-08-2005, 10:53 AM
I wouldnt get a kasea unless you want to put money into it. A 250 or 300ex would be a great bike to start your kids off on.

Nathan T
07-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Hey thanks a lot for all of the replies. I'm definitely not going to waste my money on anything on Ebay (the cheap stuff I mentioned I mean). I'm going to look around and see what I can find used locally.

Thanks again for the responses. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions in the future.

awsomeaussies
07-08-2005, 08:39 PM
I would really consider getting a Blaster, there cheap and great starter bikes... A 250ex would also be good, but again there more expensive than a blaster and a blaster has been around for a long time, so you could pick up a 1992 or somthing for about $1200 or so. Check out www.craigslist.com they got alot of good deals on quads, just put in where your from. I've even seen some 1989 blasters go for like $400, they might need a little tlc though... but anyways there great beginner bikes, but also they wont grow out of them, quickly.

jtweld
12-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Don't buy LONCIN Cobra GTX50. I bought 2 of them off of Ebay last summer. 1 of them starts right up but misses on accel, the other is hard to start and runs fast. Of course off of Ebay there is no warranty or support. Before I bought them, the gseller told me parts were available and that he could get me a manual, of course after I paid, he said he did not have one and that I could look for parts online if needed. I'll tell you now, good luck! They are really, really cheap. The steering is loose, batteries were shot by the end of summer ($35 from dennis kirk), tires leak air over night, motor rubs frame on both units, rear axle bearings went out within 3 months ($55.00 each from Bearing Service)fat chance finding seals, broke a tierod end on a bump(could not find duplicate, had to substitute), Crankcase drips oil on your floor. All this with a 7 and 9 year old riding them. It is absolutely worth buying a brand name that has quality engineered into it. Also the 50cc is to small for my 9 year old get at least a 90cc. Good Luck! I Know this is to late for you, but this is for all the rest of you out there, save your money!!

QuadJunkies
12-17-2006, 04:32 PM
I have kids ages 9 and 12(soon to be 13 next week)
My reccomendations are
Kasea 90

DRR w/ dual Aarms-we are currently checking into upgrading my son to this from a Eton 90 mod.-also a GREAT quad

honda trx90-well...itsa honda,need I say more! LOL

Blaster for the oldest, lots of hop up for them

250ex or Suzuki

alot depends on preference to rider,but kids do adapt well :)
Most of about kids sixe,how well they adapst and how fast they grow out of them, PLEASE make sure your child fits properly

Try and stick with names we all know,not some knock off brand that has no R&D or parts availability. Also, if and when you upgrade, al lthe quad listed above you can find hop ups for .

There is many great quads to chose from these days, Im sure you will find the right one :)

and Last... When you buy CHEAP, thats excatly what your getting in return most of the time.
Hope this helps some

firefighterjosh
12-17-2006, 08:15 PM
WOW this is a old thread:blah: