PDA

View Full Version : anybody!!!!!!!!!

Ehsan
07-07-2005, 10:10 PM
what would cause timing not to stay in time
I line up the T mark on on flywheel w/ notch on crank case cover for TDC then I put the cam sprocket in w/ notches lined up with top of the head then in goes the tensioner. I re-check the T marks and the notches; everything good still. then I spin the flywheel couterclockwise to line up the stuff again but they never line up again after each spin every thing goes more and more out of wack!!
what the f*** could couse this?
anyone else have this happen on there 440ex

Is it a stretched cam chain or maybe a bad tensioner?
anybody???

bwamos
07-08-2005, 07:51 AM
You are lining it up with the slack taken out of the chain on the tentioner side when the tentioner is pulled in.

It should be lined up with the slack taken out of the front. The direction the chain is pulled in.

If you had the slack on the wrong side once you release the tensioner and turn it over a couple times.. you will be off like 2 teeth.

bwamos
07-08-2005, 07:53 AM
Hmm.. but it it gets worse the more times you spin it.. it would have to be a stretched chain skipping.. or the wrong cam sprocket.

jhoppa
07-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Are you using a timing light?

Shine the timing light on the flywheel to confirm if the timing is truely messed up...

Ehsan
07-08-2005, 09:52 PM
turns out the chain came off the drive sprocket so I fixed that and now she runs like a champ
Thanks for the help
it's very much appreciated!!!