PDA

View Full Version : no aifilter lid? Is it okay?

yellow400ex05
07-07-2005, 07:51 PM
i wan't to know if its ok if I took off my airbox lid? I always hear people taking their off for more airflow. Do u get alot more power or topend or lowend? I'm think about taking mine off 2morrow and see what happens.

Are there any neagatives to this?

Can anything bad happen to it?

And do i stay away from the water and mud? Or just water?

jvd182
07-07-2005, 07:54 PM
it isnt worth the power increase if yo have a stock pipe you wont feel the diff. so dont bother

TwentyBelow131
07-07-2005, 07:54 PM
You will get alittle crisper throttle response from it but nothing major. Just make sure you dont get any water in it and you clean your air filter.

FasstMidnightZ
07-07-2005, 08:20 PM
dont do it. Only do it if u have a pipe and jet kit then you can take it off.

roostin_dale
07-07-2005, 08:26 PM
the only reason you would need to is if you have a built motor. You would need more air. If you have a stock motor, or just a pipe or something, dont do it..

HondaEXrider22
07-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Yea save up and get a pipe, air filter and new jets and then take it off

bwamos
07-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Agree. No point w/ a stocker.

With a modified motor the 2 snorkle holes jsut arent enough. That's why we punch holes or take the lids off.

Taking it off usually requires a rejet anyway. Just leave it on. :)

blastereatin250
07-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I took mine off on a stock motor and it gave it better mid range. I didn't have to rejet, in fact, my plug was the perfect color. It also makes it sound better. I also took off my snorkle. I block the snorkle hole with duck tape and put the lid back on when it's muddy or dusty though, and the air gets through the lid because I cut out a hole and put a layer of a stretched out t-shirt on it, and put a cut piece of aluminum on the outside and screwed in the cloth with the aluminum holding it on.:eek2: (You might not get that;))