PDA

View Full Version : Banshee Killin Bombardier???

Pro400EXC
05-29-2002, 11:15 PM
hey guys, me and a friend recently went to our Local Honda shhops private test mx track,(they let people ride there,but you have to know the owner).

well, a Bombardier Semi pulled up (Honda was already there,lettin ppl test some Recon's and all) Well, they bring out this new DS prototype, and this thing ahd more plastic than a barby doll, i mean plastic this and that.

Then they roll this sweet mofo lookin Black Bombardier quad,with a twin Rotax 2smoke motor in it. It was awsome, it even had electric start. Powervalves and all too.

I think the Twin 2smoke might be that 380 Rotax powered Bombardier people where talking about, they said it was a prototype,and may make production.

Anyways,this thing ripped,it had more nut sac than a banshee,and had great bottom end,the mid-range was kinda soft,but then opened to a screaming top-end.

This thing sounds like a Banshee eater to me,with more bottom end than a Shee,and more top,we may have a new Drag King.

I know ya'll might start saying some thing about, Why make a new 2stroke, well,the Ban don't start til 2006,and the EPA's main concern is the Big 4,not companys like KTM,Bombardier,Husky,and Husenburg,also TM and Gas Gas. I eman,they will watch them,but not as closely as the Big 4

Boy, i hope its true,cause I want one!!!

Thsk,Pro

05-29-2002, 11:48 PM
The Bombardier you saw, was it the one with the aluminum frame I hear they've been testing? If not then I know they are testing 2 other sprot quads, one with an aluminum frame similar to the Cannondale and a stripped down DS650, complete with the tank relocated under the seat and the airbox somehow placed where the gas tank was. It has an all new frame, which combined with the mods mentioned as well as others, drops the weight down to around 380, still with 11+ inches of travel. If that is the case the 650 motor should really haul this thing, and along with the lowered center of gravity should handle much better.

New-400ex_guy
05-30-2002, 03:42 AM
only bad part is well have to wait 2 years for them to come out:( . if the bombardier 650 would lose 100 pounds it would rock :p . i hope they do come out with some cool stuff.

Zero Z400
06-01-2002, 11:27 PM
I've always felt the Bombardier is under looked. If anybody was going to make a new 250r type machine i would think it would be them. They made some bold steps and i hope they come through with the things everybodys hearing.

Later

flyin#5
06-03-2002, 01:59 PM
gotta love those canadians!

MR.EX-TREME
06-03-2002, 02:19 PM
IF BOMBARDIER WOULD BUILD A SWEET QUAD LIKE THAT I'D BE THE FIRST ONE TO SIGN UP FOR ONE!!!!!!!!!!! BY THE WAY THANKS FOR THE FEILD REPORT !!! Pro400EXC !!:D :devil

lil400exman
06-06-2002, 07:06 AM
yeh i was at rosenau's up in detroit and the salesman said the havea few things up there sleeves i jus guess it baks him up like neew watercraft snowmobile and quads i wonder if they will make a dirtbike though it would be kool if they did!

06-06-2002, 07:52 AM
i wanna see this sucker

BANSHEEadam
06-09-2002, 02:38 PM
Looking at everything bombardier has put out, the level of technology and quality, and also originality, I think they have everything going for them to become the top dog in the ATV industry

anyone agree/disagree?

kicker696
06-09-2002, 02:48 PM
i totally agree, if they pull out a 2stroke racer, it will take all the other companies by surprise, and push the others into creating their own 2strokes. This maybe the best thing for quads since the actual honda 250r!

trx400ex
06-09-2002, 03:03 PM
hold your socks on boys, nothin has even been announced yet..

loganB
06-09-2002, 03:42 PM
I thinck Bombardier will never be the best honda all the way.:devil