PDA

View Full Version : Question for those with racecut plastic

veddersbetter
05-29-2002, 10:45 PM
When riding through trails or mud/dirt....how bad are racecut fenders? Do you get slopped up 100 times worse or is it not realy that bad......I LOVE the way this looks just afraid I will regret cutting them...thanks

Moto92
05-29-2002, 11:46 PM
Its not that bad at all, the front tires are wide enough that it goes around you for the most part. I love being able to see my front wheels now, feels like I have more control. I will never run fenders again. So you may end up with some more on your legs but thats about all I notice

JustRace
05-30-2002, 12:15 AM
My arms just seem to get really dirty. But its nothing that a shower or a garden house can't get rid of.

mental1
05-30-2002, 12:57 AM
yep what they said, I actually am more comfortable on the bike now that I can see what's going on better with the front I honestly think I'm more aggressive now than before. I sort of avoided mud before though but not much dirtier.

nat3060
05-30-2002, 01:13 AM
if your riding in mud.. must mean you wanted to get muddy anyways.. so go for it

05-30-2002, 08:01 AM
I think the worst part about having cut fenders is not the mud on your pants, shirt, arms, etc...it's the mud on your goggles that sux. :mad:

iceman2488x
05-30-2002, 08:31 AM
Hi i am thinking about cutting my fenders...i would like to know if i will get hit with rocks from the front wheels bad????becuz i wear a helmet but not goggles unless i am riding with friends..........i dont wanna get a eye put out...do they sling rocks bad?

ranger400ex
05-30-2002, 09:29 AM
Cut fenders do not throw any more than than w/fenders. When I raced at Haspin this last weekend I was as dirty as my buddy with full fenders. After seeing that I was no worse than him he is in the process of cutting his. Definitly nice to be able to see where the front tires are going. Also when in the mud instead of the front end flopping with all the weight you don't have to worry about breakage with cut fenders. Besides if you don't like it new fenders are only @ $55. my .03

BMW

R-Crazy
05-30-2002, 11:23 AM
i love my bike w/o fenders. whole different machine. i have gotten hit w/ rocks before in the desert, but i ride with a T-shirt and my arms have 1 or 2 briuses the next day. nothing major.

dave

"BLAHH"300!!
05-30-2002, 11:33 AM
..i have no fender's, front or rear...
when i had only rear fender's and went through a little mud, after i came out i'd tuck in my elbow's clutch and gas from under the bars' put my head down by the handle bar's and just go fast. all the mud would sling off right past me...
now that i have no fronts or rear's after i go through mud i lock the front brake give it gas and get all the mud off the back tire's then let off the brake and tuck in my elbow's let the front mud go by.....i do get soaked though.but it's cool...week or 2 ago we went riding at this creek...houlin' A...we all came back parked i looked around and everyone's pant's and stuff were all somewhat dry..(other than the pants leg's) i get off mine andi'm soaked man...i just went ahead and jumped in the creek and washed off....think of it this way...on hot day's i'm alot cooler than they are.....

cut your fender's man..you'll be happy...if you go through mud with one tire. you can turn the bars and have the mud sling out to the side's