PDA

View Full Version : ESR performance?

2001400exrider
07-07-2005, 10:11 AM
how are the performance of these cylinder kits compared to others? (Please inform me on other kits) I was looking at the Bolt-On 310cc Fully Ported Kit (trx7) for my soon to get 250r...and wonderd what kind of gains i should expect from it. Also if i were to purchase this kit would it be smart to go along with the ESR pip as well? or look at somthing like sparks?. sorry if i sound noobish, im just starting to discover the potential of 2strokes:devil:

zedicus00
07-07-2005, 10:22 AM
ESR is good and if u hafta get everything anyways might as well go all ESR.

match up what u buy, like dont get a topend port job and a bottom end pipe.

dont forget about reeds, carb, and jetting, compression ratio, etc.

2 strokes can make mad power but they can only do it if the setup is in harmony.

250R Baja Rider
07-07-2005, 12:54 PM
I have a 300kit Power Valve from LRD with LRD complete exhaust.

It is absolutely monster.

They gave me all the recommendations necessary for the type of riding I do.

As mentioned, all has to be in synch: carb, reeds, pipe, sprockets, tire size, compression, etc to get the abosulety best potential.

I hear ESR is pretty good too. My friends loves their work.

I just think LRD has a better customer support group.

zedicus00
07-07-2005, 01:04 PM
while i like ESR products and and use several of them. i hav sumone who can do better machine work (custom porting, sleeving, head mods) than any of the big names i hav found.

prices are competitive too.

pm me if you want his contact info

baker250r
07-07-2005, 05:49 PM
would a paul turner pipe work good with a esr topend? i know all duncan makes is PV motors

1988R
07-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Just because you get an ESR top end doesn't mean you have to use their pipe. I now of someone that used an esr 310 w/LRD pipe. Whats most important is that you don't go out and get a bottom end port job and try using a top end pipe, things like that