PDA

View Full Version : gncc race tips

ridred4eva01
07-07-2005, 09:38 AM
i got a 400ex with wb e-series slip on jet kit and no airbox lid im going to start racing gncc any tips could be great on performance parts tire sizes jetting etc
thanks

300exOH
07-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Nerf bars and a tether would be good. Check here for all the info you need:

http://www.gnccracing.com/main.html

coryatver
07-07-2005, 10:14 AM
I don't recommend nerf bars. But chassis and swingarm skids you have to have.

quadtrash466
07-07-2005, 02:15 PM
nerfs are a must! that way u wont get tied up w/ other riders and the nerfs will be the 1st to hit the trees not the tires so they dont bend the axle. skid plates, handguards,killswitch, beadlocks, and a good 6 ply tire.

FoxRacing81
07-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Throw that airbox lid back on 2. Don't want all that mud and stuff ending up in there.

jak1389
07-07-2005, 02:23 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=146240&goto=newpost

here you go. i asked the same thing for xc racing which is like the same. so hope this helps.

ridred4eva01
07-07-2005, 03:36 PM
would'nt i have 2 go down in jetting and loose performance when i put the lid back on, i know that it will save a lot of trouble and i ordered a outerwears lid cover and pre filter thanks for all yall help

07-07-2005, 03:38 PM
id leave it off unless your crossing creeks or sumthin

ridred4eva01
07-07-2005, 03:41 PM
in the c class will i even stand a chance with my minor upgrades? im only 16 and its hard finding a good job cause im always doing something if anyone has or knows somebody who has some good used parts for cheap let me know pleases

MR.BIG
07-07-2005, 04:14 PM
I would just practice and workout so you don't tire out during the race. Gncc races aren't about who's got the fastest bike but the most talent to ride between trees at 60mph.haha Just race a couple and see how you do! Good luck!

ridred4eva01
07-07-2005, 04:17 PM
thanks man i think the next round is in sept sometime and its at north carolina im going to enter first year racer to get some experiance in for next year so im trying to get all the advice i can get i aint a big bragger but im a pretty good rider

thrasher_ex
07-07-2005, 10:56 PM
yeah your quad will hold its own, just make sure you can. one of my friends cousins has pretty much the same quad as you but with holeshots and full exhaust and lives really close to bill balance. hes beaten balance a few times in woods races and once in mx. just practice a shi* load

Dirtiredneck
07-08-2005, 07:31 AM
Your 400 will do good, it's all about the rider and what kind of shape he or she is in. I ran my first GNCC ever two weeks ago at WISP. It was crazy, some of the roughest terrain I have ever ridden on, rocks, stumps, trees, Mud, log crossings, jumps, ditches, you name it and it was there. Most people were lucky to finish the race. I got lucky and ended up finishing 7th in the first class racers class. I was completely dead after the second lap, and I work out a couple of day a week. You will learn to eat better and change your workout if you want to be competive.

As far as you quad, I have a cam and exhaust and airfilter, and I changed my front sproccket to a 14 tooth, which helped me run second gear all day long on the hillclimbs. I was passing other guys on Yamaha 450's and Honda450's because the way I road the bike, it has nothing to do with top end power, unless you find a long straight stretch, which is rare in GNCC.

I would suggest 6 ply tires, Razr 2's or Kenda Klaws, Nerf bars, kill switch, full skid plates, good hand grips, and a camelpack with water and gatorade., also eat tons of carbs the night before the race...You will need it

Good luck....See you next race

John

ridred4eva01
07-08-2005, 12:19 PM
thanks to all yalls tips ive been on four wheelers all my life and finally getting into competition one more ques. what jet and number of discs would be good and still have the lid on