PDA

View Full Version : Got a new(er) quad yesterday...

JLanphear
07-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Not like anybody really cares, but I picked up a Z400 yesterday. It's got some issues and needs a little TLC, but it will be a fun project. Runs like a top, which was the most important part for me....I can't get over how easy those things are too wheelie (even with the stupid twist throttle it has on it). The run so much better than the EX's when the tires are up.

Anyway, just figured I'd mention it on here cause I'm pretty psyched....got it for a real good price....

Here's a pic....I'll give you a hint....it's not either of the Yellow Suzuki's.....

:o

Rdhanded2
07-07-2005, 08:24 AM
They are awesome quads! So what all TLC does it need?

07-07-2005, 08:25 AM
tlc, you werent kiddin!!:p

07-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Rdhanded2
They are awesome quads! So what all TLC does it need?

JLanphear
07-07-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
tlc, you werent kiddin!!:p

LOL......BUT........she does run like a champ.....

The biggest problems it has are related to the rear brake rotor, pads, and the rear sprocket. Other than that it needs a few things here and there, nothing too serious. New bars, and a throttle cable so I can put the thumb throttle back on. I have all of the plastic for it but the tabs are broken, and I haven't had time to mess around with it since I just got it yesterday. I'll probably just leave the old plastic off anyway until I get some new stuff....which is part of the "restoration" process.

Here is a pic of it running....my woman didn't feel like running the digital cam so this is the only pic I got....Kinda lame I know. But even with the back brakes almost shot, you can rock no-handed wheelies on this quad for a long way....they just run so good in a wheelie....it's great....anyway, enough about that.

FasstMidnightZ
07-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Josh, its great to hear you finally got a z400 man ! I cant wait until i get one.

how much u want that 400ex for :D

JLanphear
07-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by hondaexrider
Josh, its great to hear you finally got a z400 man ! I cant wait until i get one.

how much u want that 400ex for :D

Yeah I finally got one...hehe...been wanting one for a while.

Keeping the EX until I know for sure I'm happy with the Z...which I'm sure I will be. Then I'm either keeping it for my woman, or selling it....still not sure.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
07-07-2005, 12:08 PM
very nice josh:D how much you get her for anyway?

JLanphear
07-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by LeGaCyGiAnT124
very nice josh:D how much you get her for anyway?

technically I have about $850 cash into it....

QuadJunkies
07-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by JLanphear
Yeah I finally got one...hehe...been wanting one for a while.

Then I'm either keeping it for my woman, or selling it....still not sure. Selling the quad ..or your girlfriend??? :eek: :p

JLanphear
07-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Selling the quad ..or your girlfriend??? :eek: :p

Probably can get more for the..............................

errrrrrrrrrrrr..........

................I'll leave that one alone.... :p