PDA

View Full Version : wow

muddy400EX
07-06-2005, 09:05 PM
ive been having major problems with my wheeler, when i would open it up it would just bog down and pop and sputter like crazy. i thought it was the jetting cuz the plug was black. well, i finally took it to a mechanic and he rides it down his driveway, comes back, looks at the air filter and takes the outerwears off the k&n, rides it down his driveway and it ran perfect! i cant believe all this time it was the stupid filter not getting enough air. i have a UNI filter on the way:)

07-06-2005, 09:12 PM
okay.... ummm great..... i guess :ermm:

Crazy400EX
07-06-2005, 09:13 PM
ahhhhhhh i dont think its your filter.........or not just that.

you should have played with your jetting first.......but i dont see what wrong with getting a uni....

muddy400EX
07-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Crazy400EX
ahhhhhhh i dont think its your filter.........or not just that.

you should have played with your jetting first.......but i dont see what wrong with getting a uni....

trust me, i DID mess with the jetting. ive been changing the jetting for the past 3 months trying to get it to run right. ive made several posts on here about this and out of all the suggestions that people made it still wouldnt run right! i guess it just wasnt gettin enough air:confused: the reason that i posted is cuz i cant believe is was something that simple this whole time:scary:

Crazy400EX
07-06-2005, 09:34 PM
oh cool........glad it was you and not me.....cant afford that......"crap".... after the 426 build, that seems to keep going and going.

jak1389
07-07-2005, 06:16 AM
mine would do that aswell. it just means that you need to clean it. then slap the outerwears back on it and it should be fine.