PDA

View Full Version : kfx wanting to die

nosliw
07-06-2005, 07:33 PM
i just removed the exhaust restrictor plate as well as the throttle limiter in the carb on my kfx80. now, when i start it up, i have to have it about 3/4 to WOT to even keep it running. it's got gas. i'm going back into the carb tomorrow to see what's up but i thought i'd ask here for advice from people who have done this.

thanks

nosliw
07-07-2005, 06:08 PM
alright i didnt get to rip into it today because i was spending so much time installing nerfs on my kfx. i did run it though. it started up fairly easy and rode pretty good. only problem now is that when you punch the throttle (when its warm of course) it hits a dead spot and tries to die.

now, if this was one of my big quads, i'd say that the mainjet it either too rich or too lean. but i didnt mess with any of that on the 80. all i did was remove the recommended things to remove via the owners manual.

HELP!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

newnick
07-07-2005, 08:34 PM
So now it's flowing more air, huh?

nosliw
07-07-2005, 08:47 PM
well the limiter's gone. so it's revving high. so yeah i guess it is flowing more air. do you have any idea what might be wrong?

Mxjunkie
07-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Did you take the spacer out of the exhaust yet? sounds like its too rich to me, go run it wfo down a stright away and see if it bogs, if it does your running rich or fat. you can also check the color of the plug, if its a vanilla chocolate color down inside its running good, wet or black it has jetting issues.

I had a 1999 lt (same as what u have) that we rebuilt the motor on constantly they can be a pain in the ***, before I got rid of it, it was a 105 and had 250 pounds of compression, shoulda kept that little mofo

nosliw
07-07-2005, 10:40 PM
yea i took the exhaust thing out also. i just don't get it. the engine is now running at what it should be at, but it runs crappy?

it ran fine with those restrictors in it..........

it's hard to explain what it does..... tomorrow i'll run it up and down my road with a few different stop/go scenarios and post them up for you to help me with the problem...:ermm:

didnt think this was going to make me have to rejet :rolleyes:

LT80
07-18-2005, 08:09 AM
It's a plugged jet.
You were thinking correctly. :)
When you hit the throttle there is no mix going in, just air.;)