PDA

View Full Version : help!!!

jbible660
07-06-2005, 06:16 PM
i have a 02 raptor, and when i start it it will idle fine. but when you give it gas it sounds like its not gettin any gas at all and it backfire.

i tried puttin a new spark plug in it and that did nothin, i took the carbs out and cleaned the jets and float bowls...still nothing seems to help. the next thing i am going to try is to get a new coil and see if that helps anything, because it only started doing this after i left the key on all night...

if anyone has any help its greatly needed!!!

JukeU25
07-06-2005, 06:27 PM
dont worry it will work out for ya.... shoulda got a honda haha j/j with ya

Foxracin
07-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Is there any trash in the tank or the petcock? Drain the tank and take the petcock apart and clean it real good and see what that does.

RaptorRacer45
07-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Also check ur CDI, the constant power drain might have caused some damage 2 that. also your Carb Boots and Airfilter

jbible660
07-06-2005, 07:21 PM
i have cleaned the tank out and put diffrent gas in it and that did nothing...man i hope it isnt the cdi unit i wont be ridin for a while but thanx and keepem commin

07-07-2005, 07:48 PM
im pretty sure that its you fuel mix screw turn your carb upside down and look for an adjustment screw and turn it counter clockwise a little

jbible660
07-08-2005, 01:11 PM
how much is a little????

cjkranz
07-08-2005, 01:16 PM
The stock should be out 1 1/2 turns. Screw it in all the way and then go out 1 1/2 turns. When it is adjusted, we usually only go approx 1/4 of a turn. A little turn will go a long ways!

07-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by jbible660
i have a 02 raptor, and when i start it it will idle fine. but when you give it gas it sounds like its not gettin any gas at all and it backfire.

i tried puttin a new spark plug in it and that did nothin, i took the carbs out and cleaned the jets and float bowls...still nothing seems to help. the next thing i am going to try is to get a new coil and see if that helps anything, because it only started doing this after i left the key on all night...

if anyone has any help its greatly needed!!!

check ur intake boot it might have a small rip

07-08-2005, 07:34 PM
but i think its your jets

jbible660
07-08-2005, 08:37 PM
well i got the new coil thats not it we checked to see if it was runnin on time and guess what it is...so now i dont know what to do we have taken the carbs out cleaned them cleaned the jets...we adjusted the mixture screw and i dont know we tried it a few times and dang that took a while lol but man i dont know know whats wrong ...the cdi is good the coil is good..o yeah we dont have the air boot on we dont have anything on the carbs are just takin in straight air so... i dont konw guys just keep the suggjestions commin plz and i thank you...

BushManRebel
07-09-2005, 09:04 AM
Make sure your lights are off and unplug the rectifier and give it a try.

Also try on a seperate attempt, unplug the connector from the cdi which carries the least amount of wires there are 3 connectors on the cdi.

While your there check the 2 fuses that are mounted on the cable next to the cdi.

07-09-2005, 09:12 AM
Just unplug the connector off the CDI that has 1 wire only on it. Stupid rev limiter is messing with you, dont bother buying another CDI for it either coz from our experience it will go bad right away again, its something on the bike thats frying it and we have yet to find out what it is..

jbible660
07-10-2005, 12:37 PM
first thing what is a rectifier??? and i tried unpluging the cdi connecter with only 3 wires and that is the one with the least amount of wires there isnt one with just one wire dierwolf so i don tknow what your talkin about...but i am tryin to find what a rectifier is but i still think its the carbs but i dont know but thanx and keep them comin...

jbible660
07-10-2005, 12:59 PM
:mad: D@%N!!!!!! what is wrong with this thing...well i found the rectifier and tried it with that unpluged and that didnt do anything and like i said earlier i tried it with the cdi with the least about of wires and that was not it so i dont know im out of stuff to do and i do not want to take it to a yamaha shop that just cost too dang much but i still think that it has somthing to do with the carbs but i dont know what it could be i cleaned them both very very good but maybe one of the jets or somthing is offset i dont know but plz keep them comin cuz i am runnin out of stuff to do thanx.....

07-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Well Bushmans had the exact same problem and his CDI had the last plug on the end with 1 wire only....

Take it to a Yamaha dealer let them look at it guess.

http://www.mfgsupply.com/img/atv/cdi-yfm01.jpg

The square connector on the far right is the one i am talking about.

jbible660
07-10-2005, 02:52 PM
well i see what your sayin but my cdi has three ports and the least amount of wires it has is 3 so i dont know if his came like that messed up or what i dont know, but im gonna borow one of my friends cdi on his rappy and ill see how that goes but thanx and ill get back to you...

07-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Dude, just unplug the thing and test it, i dont car if it has 20 wires on it, just unplug that one on the right and try it.

BushManRebel
07-11-2005, 12:10 PM
My raptor is a 2001 so maybe thats why there is only 1 wire, because the 2003 models has more than 1 wire.

btw did you check the 2 (yellow I think) fuses like i said next to the cdi unit to make sure it hasn't burnt...because 1 of those fuses are suppose to be for the rev limiter.

jbible660
07-12-2005, 03:06 PM
well i tested it and it didnt work wolf...i also tested it with a new cdi and that as well didnt work...i have not checked the fuses but i will right now and still i belive it is the carbs maybe one of them is out of wack i dont know but keepem comin thanx...

BushManRebel
07-13-2005, 08:42 AM
Well my only suggestion is wherever you got the extra CDI let them borrow you their carb and swap it to see if it is really the carb.

07-13-2005, 10:49 AM
LOL. Frikken 4-strokes :)

jbible660
07-13-2005, 10:07 PM
well im gonna try the carb crap but i am having a guy take a look at them then i guess we will go from there so i dont know guys i just wanna F@#KIN ride mannnn whats so wrong with that lol i miss my jumps and wheelies:(

jbible660
07-20-2005, 04:34 PM
ok guys i got my carbs back the other day and that didnt do anything i still dont know...would anybody be able to tell me that if my stator is bad will it run or will it not??? thats all i need to know

BushManRebel
07-20-2005, 09:04 PM
That Su(ks man...I bet its a simple problem too..so simple that we are not even thinking of it :confused:

jbible660
07-20-2005, 10:07 PM
yeah tell me about it man i just wish i knew what it was i mean i have the money to fix it but **** i dont want to take it to the yamaha shop but it looks like i may have too...but im still gonna have to buy a new stator anyways cuz i know the lol this is funny and a long *** work that i cant say its some type of direction coil that is bad and is not puttin out enough resistance so i have to buy a new stator anyways and pluse the guy at t he yamaha shop said that the stator does affect the way it runs so hey ill give it a shot...and guys have any of you heard about rick stator cuz i think that is where im gonna get mine from i mean it sounds like a good deal 135$ including shipin considerin the yami is gonna be about 230 or so and pluse the rick stator has 50 extra watts so hey ill get some brighter lights to put in it to...if you cant tell im tryin to look on the good side of things alright guys thanks for all your help and see if you cant let me know somthin about the rick stator products and if the stator would even affect the way my raptor would run well get back to me on that

raptorrider686
07-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Does anyone belive it has to do with the jetting? He could be running way to lean....or way to rich

wiwarrior
07-22-2005, 08:56 AM
This may sound stupid, but did you check your parking brake? It will run like that if the parking brake is on, or misadjusted.

bdub
07-22-2005, 05:05 PM
wiwarrior good call I pm'ed him last night with the same question. I've seen one to many people do that.

jbible660
07-23-2005, 12:13 PM
how would you know if the parkin break is on or off its just sittin there cuz we all know the things dont work

jbible660
07-23-2005, 02:16 PM
well i have messed around with the parkin break before it hasnt ever been engaged while i have tried to start it to see if it was fixed but besides that i havnt dont anything to it so i dont know but i think im gonna just buy a new stator and see what that does i have had quiet a bit of people tell me that could hurt the way it runs so ill order one tonight and see what happens when it gets here...

tater_kamik
07-26-2005, 10:53 PM
what about the pick up?

jbible660
08-01-2005, 10:08 PM
i fixed it...it was the stator and about the pick up when we tested it it tested fine but it is in the stator so hey that might have well been it but thanx god its fixed

volume3512003
08-01-2005, 11:01 PM
well i read what you posted and it sounded like the exact same thing almost.... did you buy a all new stator? can you just buy that part? how much did you spend and where did you get it...

ALSO what does the stator do besides give me light!...

jbible660
08-03-2005, 10:44 PM
i got my stator from ricksmotorsportselectric it was 150 that is with a one year warranty and thats pretty good,but you can get one from rickystator for 125 but tahts not warranty so hey your pick...

the stator gives your beast its spark that it needs to run...it may run on idle but when you give it gas it needs more spark so your stator does more than just give you light and charge your raptor it gives it its spark so make sure you double check everything before you buy a new stator but whatever you do do not buy one from yamaha lol that would be stupid i would say get a rickystator or the place i got it i would go with the place i got it just because i has 50 extra watts so you can put some brighter lights in it but...thats just what i would do and that 1 year warranty hey thats nice...

lzyga05
08-22-2005, 07:06 AM
i got that same one they work well! be happy