PDA

View Full Version : a-arms

440exnacsracer
05-29-2002, 09:28 PM
does anyone have any used +2 or +2+1 a-arms for a 400ex? if not, what brand do you recomend purchasing. i think that the lsr axcalaber axle is best for an axle. thanks

exriderdude
05-30-2002, 09:27 AM
i would go with walsh a-arms, and either lsr axle or durablue X-33

PDunes300ex
05-30-2002, 02:33 PM
I have a 300 so things might act a little different...but the one thing i noticed with +2+1 arms is that they make the front end lighter. It takes less effort to put the front wheels in the air. Personally i really like that since it makes it easier to get through whoops and makes it nice popping over little ruts.

Just some info:)

05-30-2002, 02:49 PM
makes it wider too

airheadedduner
06-03-2002, 10:41 AM
I run Laeger's +2 on my R. They kick, just be sure to revalve your shocks or you will blow through traval real quick. The +2+1 move your a-arms forward and put more weight on the rear making the front lighter. With works triples in the sand I broke my frame in 4 places because I tried to do a tapped out in 4th bowl jump to flat ground. Goin to TCS this summer, that should solve it:D

440exnacsracer
06-03-2002, 08:58 PM
i have works triples now and im getting them filled with more pressure. i dont have rezzies. how would the shocks cause my frame to break though. i noticed a small crack in my frame the other day above the shock mount but im getting it repaired. will the +2 arms give it more travel? make it softer? thanks
Ben

Dave400ex
06-03-2002, 09:07 PM
For Axle the Best is the RPM Dominator. For A-Arms the Best are Walsh or Roll Design, but most of us can`t afford Walsh or Roll. I would just get some Laeger`s. For the 400ex you don`t need +1 Forward. Most of the Companies do not recommend them. They say to just get the +2`s and a +1-1/4 Swingarm. The reason your Frame would Crack is because the Works Shocks are not good enough. They are not soaking up the landing and the Frame is hitting the ground and starting to have Problems. This is what is my Brother`s Problem on his 250r. He has Works Shocks. It will change when he gets TCS or PEP`s though.