PDA

View Full Version : r stock preds that weak

jumptruck
07-06-2005, 03:28 PM
i was reading in an old issue of atv sport about ducan taking a pred and making it better and thay said that a bone stock pred was not impressive at all they say u needed pipe filter and ing box to wake them up i own a 05 le with the pure polaris pipe and it runs great it will easly beat a piped jet filter 700 kfx in a drag race it dont matter how far so does the pipe make that much diff i never ridin a stock pred but all mine has is the pipe no jets no filter no ing box

scramblerracer
07-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Stock they run fine. I race stock class Missouri Harescrambles. I have dropped 1 tooth on the counter sprocket( only performance mod). In the open fields where everyone runs wide open I catch 450r 400ex ltz400 banshee and every once in a while a slow yamaha 450. In stock form the only bikes that give me any trouble are those damn Yamaha 450 s.

PredMan88
07-06-2005, 04:56 PM
dude that article is bogus!!

MR.BIG
07-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by scramblerracer
Stock they run fine. I race stock class Missouri Harescrambles. I have dropped 1 tooth on the counter sprocket( only performance mod). In the open fields where everyone runs wide open I catch 450r 400ex ltz400 banshee and every once in a while a slow yamaha 450. In stock form the only bikes that give me any trouble are those damn Yamaha 450 s.

I highly doubt you catch banshees and 450rs. They are faster then you predator stock so if you dropped one tooth on the countershaft you definately won't pass a 450r.

etter696
07-06-2005, 09:34 PM
arent u in the wrong section Mr. Big???:devil:

the predator
07-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
I highly doubt you catch banshees and 450rs. They are faster then you predator stock so if you dropped one tooth on the countershaft you definately won't pass a 450r.

450r's are fast but mod for mod the pred will take them with 2 riders of the same caliber

QuadJunkies
07-07-2005, 12:13 AM
IMO, that article was NOT a good thing for Duncan if they plan on gaingin business off any Predator owners.Im having a VERY hard time w/ how bad they said the modded Preddy beat a stocker.... :rolleyes:

Tyler25
07-07-2005, 09:47 AM
my "home built" pred hung with a tc built 450r in aabout a 300ft drag race! both riders of equal riding skill!

here's the TC 450R:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=1656673

Tyler25
07-07-2005, 09:51 AM
and here is my "home-built" predator:

http://www.predatorowners.com/memberphotos/predator/1995/team%20freedom%20015.jpg

MR.BIG
07-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by the predator
450r's are fast but mod for mod the pred will take them with 2 riders of the same caliber

All I am going to say is I disagree because a stock predator cannot beat a stock 450!

MR.BIG
07-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Tyler25
and here is my "home-built" predator:

http://www.predatorowners.com/memberphotos/predator/1995/team%20freedom%20015.jpg

That is a very nice looking predator!

Jackal
07-10-2005, 12:46 AM
But it will beat a stock Raptor.. Do that daily with my buddy.. Never tried a 450 though..

Trx4Life
07-30-2005, 11:38 AM
hum i own a 03 pred with a fmf, and an 04 yfz minus a baffel. not sure how much difference the pipe makes but the pred is about 2 bike lengths faster at 300 ft. thats about all we have room to run. (me an my old lady, dosent matter who is on what bike). As for the banshee buddy has one with toomies t6 i beleave. and at 300ft pred and 450 both eat his lunch. rode a 450r once, dident impress me. It was fast, but it felt tame, no rush at all.

bout the get the pred back haveing , 12.5 to 1 piston, port and pollish, cams, 42mm fcr, springs, hinson basket, and +6 aero swing arm. will be running vp's ultimate 4 race fuel.

scramblerracer
07-31-2005, 06:56 PM

I have no reason to make up this stuff. Come race the Missouri series (13 races) and you can see. Maybe all the other guys let off when they come out of the woods to an open spot but I pin it and hope I don't run in to the back of them. Josh

MR.BIG
08-01-2005, 01:44 PM
The rider can make all the difference.

QuadJunkies
08-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
The rider can make all the difference.

PowerMadd789XC
08-22-2005, 11:23 AM
LIke they said, not the bike its the rider, u can have a suped up quad and still get ur butt wooped by people.

PowerMadd789XC
08-22-2005, 11:24 AM
LIke they said, not the bike its the rider, u can have a suped up quad and still get ur butt wooped by people.:).

PowerMadd789XC
08-22-2005, 11:26 AM
sorry for postin the same thing twice , acident.

PowerMadd789XC
08-22-2005, 11:28 AM
And MR.BIG u have one awsome predator. :D , and in my series i know a guy witha all stock predator ,a tld orange one, and all it has is hipers and he beats 450rs and yfzs.

RAPTOR80RACR990
08-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Hey my brother PowerMadd789XC ment to say that is an awsome Predator Tyler25!:D

Jake99
08-25-2005, 04:56 PM
Yall boys are too much...............Yall need to come over to the Mid-east. I got a 500ex will eat 450's,pred.y's,z's,q's and all yall stuff for breakfast. It want quit when its 95 degrees outside and will jump any creek.SNAKE99

MAaudioX10
08-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Jake99
Yall boys are too much...............Yall need to come over to the Mid-east. I got a 500ex will eat 450's,pred.y's,z's,q's and all yall stuff for breakfast. It want quit when its 95 degrees outside and will jump any creek.SNAKE99

Let's examine your logic.

First of all, you seem to want attention about some "500EX" you claim to have and that will dominate all. Little desperate, if you ask me.

Second, what respectable guy would drive all the way to SC to race against you, especially, when gas is $2.75.

There is nothing more annoying than some random kid popping out of no where claiming superiority. Good for you on your 500EX, I am sure your mother is proud. Go tell her. At least, she'll fake her interest.

Jake99
08-26-2005, 05:01 PM
How lovely,I must have struck a nerve. Mama been dead now for quite a while but if she was here im sure would remind me daily how retarded racing is.I have been racing something all my life(49 yrs.)Been racing 4w for 7 years.I am #12 this year in the mideast and about the oldest retard there.I know about broke ribs,broke ankles,blisters,monkey butt,looking thru mud.So save up some gas money and come to SC and get you sum!!!!!Hey ps..........................go to mid-east summer chat last entry(pix) its waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QuadJunkies
08-27-2005, 01:05 AM
Simma down boyz! ;)

Jake, how old are ya if you dont mind me asking....?? Do you have a pic you could post of your EX???

Jake99
08-27-2005, 06:01 AM
IM 49 HOLMES.GO TO MID_EAST ROUND TEN PAGE ONE.YOU CAN C ME. Getting sum in the a class. I went back to the senior this year they didnt want me up there.OR go to ROUND 6 PAGE 3 pix4. THEY dont want me either. Aint good enough for the front row.....But have been there before.I did cause a new rule I was there.IF you run the front and get some of their money you got STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW at my age who wants to stay them fools.Some of in a different world from us.(Santo,Houston,Cook,Westmoreland............... ........SUPERMAN couldnt play with them)HEY why dont we have a grudge race next year in the summer between the mid-east and your crowd?Find some middle ground between here and there so gas is equal for both.I bet our boys will whoop up yall slackers.Come on back wid some more stuff ............thats racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:PS MAaudio10 go to round 10 page 1 dats the old dunlap 500 un huh-----mama would have been proud that day especially if i could have finished like dat!!!!!!!!!!HEY YALL GOT ANY TATERS????

MAaudioX10
08-27-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Simma down boyz! ;)

I'd say I am more at a low boil.

Jake99
08-27-2005, 10:27 AM
THERES no way a 400ex could whoop up a modded pred. Im sorry.I knowed dat.WE need somebody over here that can drive one. Hey does low boil still mean 212f?Why is the outlaw so tall?I beleive I could drive under it.I bet you cant turn it over.

MAaudioX10
08-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Really, more like lukewarm....

QuadJunkies
08-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Jake99
THERES no way a 400ex could whoop up a modded pred. Im . a 400ex, NO... But a modded EX.. YES.... and Mine has...

:D

There is too many in-betweens . MY 440 ran next to a poorly jetted slightly modded Preddy and would sstay dead even with or beat it clumpbing up Choke Cherry at Saint Anthonys, Both riders are equal riders too...

Jake you crack me up...:p Of course we got Taters, that what we give out for Holeshots awards!!! :blah:
I thin ka East/West race would be INTENSE!! :macho But I already know that East would put the smack down :o But dont think we dont have our fair share of fast riders....

~~Tina(HOLMES lol )

Jake99
08-28-2005, 08:21 PM
You know I dont think a lot of wood racers have been on a really good handling,good running 4w.Until you have been there,its hard to know if it right or not.AND what works for me may not suit you at all.I have been working with 400 since it come out.I have been thru a lot of experimenting to get mine where it is.I have 2 of em just alike. I am old,heavy,and smoke which is bad,bad,and bad for racing.So I feel like I"ve done better than I"m supposed to.But it has not been easy or cheap.Year before last I wondered if I had learned enough to make somebody else fast.SO here went a new experiment.I had been blowing the doors off of a vet rider I thought was a good rider.I made friends with him and suggested some stuff.And then I told him to try mine.First time out with no get used to it time, he was tenth overall.He didnt like his any more.And he was beating MIKE HOUSTON brother.Now they dont like me. I dont care.So I let him stay on it. We stripped it and went to welding and made it like mine. It was too late in the season for him to win but sure had the Houstons upset. HE never did win the vet championship cause he moved up to A with me.Guess what.............He won the A championship and I was fourth.Now I dont like him anymore.(not) Now he's running pro and not having a good year at all. I went back to senior and getting it done. So be careful who you help,you can make people faster and they will beat you. He's number 6 this year. I do believe I know alot about a 400ex and whats wrong with it. I think there's plenty wrong it and all the rest em too. We raced today I was first he was last in pro and 14 overall. HE cant do what Chris Borick,Houston,Cook,Santo does. HEY is the mangler down to room temp. yet????Talk to yall later,Snake99.............

PolarisRider06
09-22-2005, 08:33 PM
i will agree with all of you who say you can beat banshees yfz's and 450'rs cause i've seen it all and also participated in some of it... my cousin has taken modded banshees on an mx track on a bone stock 03 predator after riding a manual for only 3 months... then this summer my friend derek Rasmussen took 450r's and yfz's in races after only riding quads for ONE AND A HALF MONTHS, that was also on a bone stock 03 predator then he blew the motor and put in a 558 and a uni filter.... then 4th gear went so he raced without 4th for 2 races and still almost took a 450 in a race(the only other guy in the class that day) and that was just because 3rd to 5th isnt the best acceleration for long straights on an mx track when you have 20 inch rear tires and stock gearing.

if you don't believe me on the last section check out www.fansracing.com and look at pics and points standings derek took 3rd overall for the season on a piece of **** and he only raced the last half the season.....

untouchable
09-25-2005, 07:49 PM
id hate to disagree with some of u know-it-alls...but a bone stock pred CAN beat a banshee, z400, 450r and such on the track in many cases, a STD model 03-04 wouldve been another story, but the 05s run 38tooth rear sprockets which increases the lowend to a noticable ammount, then if u take that and add it with the close ratio TLD tranny u got a race on your hands, i have ran against bone stock 450rs with my 05tld when it was all stock and i could loose him in the straights, THEN i put a 39tooth rear on and it was all over... then you add a slip-on pipe and u got something

all u guys are anti-polaris.... but truth is they aint bad, the stock 03-04s were geared rather high which created alot of negative options from ppl that rode them in stock form on the mx track....

PolarisRider06
09-25-2005, 08:53 PM
nice to see that someone else has my opinion... another thing is even with a bone stock 03-04 you can be competitive on a track if you can ride and if your crazier than the guy ahead of you (or in many cases who was ahead of you) i have seen it done quite a few times by my cousins and friends that have COMPLETELY STOCK 03's and 04's....

MAaudioX10
09-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Would I feel more comfortable on a track on one of the 450's? Yes. They are slick, quick bikes...no one denies them that. After all, that IS what they were designed and built for.

Would I be able to keep up on my Pred? Yes but, like 95% of us, I do not solely track ride, if at all. And when I do it is just to jump. I don't race. I can soar my Pred just as good and stay in just as much control.

For the money and for an all-around quad I don't think much else compares. Here is the funny thing too.....the Predator comes out of the box loaded with premium gear which, unfortunately, weight it down. Now, when the 450's start adding extras, it is amazing that these people still claim the bike only weights 350lbs. Not considering all the aftermarket components that was just added on.

The hype has gotten to everyone's head and they were brainwashed. When the Predator's had it problems in 03', it was, " that bike sucks." "Polaris can't built chit!" At the same time, the YFZ450 were having just as much problems, i.e, sticking gears, stator problems, crank bearing problems....so on and so on. With those, came excuses.....

Funny, where were the excuses for the Pred? No where! Polaris saw the problems and improved upon them. The Predator is NOT the same bike it was 3 years ago. It is virtually 2 different bikes.

Yet, today, the only complaint I hear about the 05's is the weight issues.

Jake99
10-01-2005, 03:28 PM
How fast can we go?They gonna keep on until we get back before we leave!

quadmaster88
10-07-2005, 12:07 AM
WOWWWWWWWWWw............

you guys are like little kids... just shut up and ride!!!!!!!!!:macho

Jake99
10-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Look here,we like to ride.When we aint riding,we thanking about riding.Right now we talking about some riding.Tommorow we probably be doing some riding.If you dont want to read about some riding you might need to move on.
Da snake99-12(mideast clan):D

MAaudioX10
10-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by quadmaster88
WOWWWWWWWWWw............

you guys are like little kids... just shut up and ride!!!!!!!!!:macho

Actually, I just got back from 48 hours of shire riding bliss.....