PDA

View Full Version : John Natalie

Jeff2269
07-06-2005, 01:36 PM
John Natalie is running the fox shock in the back along with the gibson swing arm, and the gt thunder linkage. Hes not running the walsh savior, or any of the other "complete rear ends", and he is still able to just smoke the competition. Is he just incredibly fast, or does the walsh, holz,lsr rear ends not do that much? Or both?? Just curious how much of a difference those high dollar rear ends actually make. I guess you could put John on a mo-ped and hed be just as fast.

Ridin' Jesse
07-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Hes deffinatly fast..ive seen him and he is insane..

kbass24emtp
07-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Did anyone notice that he had different Gibson a-arms on at the last race.

Jeff2269
07-06-2005, 02:38 PM
They dont look any different to me.

diangelo#67
07-06-2005, 03:27 PM
I saw john on a stock kfx400 jumping a 110'triple so yeah he's a beast

diangelo#67
07-06-2005, 03:28 PM
http://********.com/images05/gnc-galleries/london05/images/IMG_3827.jpg
look pretty different to me!

diangelo#67
07-06-2005, 03:52 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=1688456

tamehart
07-06-2005, 04:56 PM
I talked to gibson the other day and they said they tried a proto type a-arm on johns bike recently but they didn't work as well as they had wanted to. That is what I was told.

Kilabanshee
07-06-2005, 05:03 PM
I've see Natalie's race bike every time I'm up at ecatv. He really isnot running anything special other then the fox float evols which aren't on the market yet. Dave was trying to match a-arm designs similar to JB racing a-arms. I dont think hes completly satisfied yet. The new fox shocks should be available this october. The new Axis piggy backs will be released sometime next year. I also know what piston John is running:eek2:

450r51
07-06-2005, 05:18 PM
please tell if u can if not i might just have to find u and torture u to know. jk man but share

Kilabanshee
07-06-2005, 05:24 PM
It's a special designed high comp piston above 14.1. I forget the exact number.
I can't tell who made it or anything like that. I'll leave that up to him.

steve26
07-06-2005, 05:36 PM
When I looked at his bike at high point it didnt look like a FOX rear shock, but maybe I am wrong? I thought he had an Axis rear shock.

Kilabanshee
07-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Yes he is running a fox rear shock. He says it rides as good or better then his old axis.

Out_Sider
07-06-2005, 06:07 PM
in John's case, its strictly rider, i mean ask ANYONE who has ridden both the gtthunder and the savior (and others) and they will tell you that the savior was SOOO much better.

300extreme#8
07-07-2005, 03:32 PM
ok the high dollar rear ends,heres the facts,they r all high dollar and they r all bout really the same,ur just not goin to get that much more out of any of them performance wise against each other.ur just mostly buyin a brand,i bet john's doesn'r perform much better than the rest but he's such a fast rider that they want to make u think thats a big reason he is fast,they make a big diff but,john would still be up and out front even if he was runnin a stock rear end. it's never what u got, it's just how u ride it.;) ppl think it's the quad,nope not in mx never has never will be, it's the rider that gets that quad to the checkered flag

steve26
07-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Not so true, with a stock rear end John would be a lot slower than he is, especially on a rough track like Macon or somewhere like Southwick. He would still be blazing fast but there is no way he would be riding as fast as he does with the aftermarket rear end. The bike does have something to do with how fast you can go, but with the Pro Class having pretty much equal set-ups for the most part, it is almost all up to the rider.

Mxracer53
07-08-2005, 02:57 PM
a correctly setup bike makes a world of difference tho too. it can make the difference between winning and losing if you now how to ride. its 75% rider 25% quad.

300extreme#8
07-08-2005, 03:40 PM
yes,it has to be perfectly set up to be worth a crap,u can by high dollar stuff but not set up right be only make it perform as good as any,, i still believe it would not hold john back very much, think bout it,on average, he is prolly on 4-6 secs slower on a all stock 450r compared to his race bike, how far ahead was he the last race, bout that far ahead, Kory ellis runs stock swing arm,does hurt him none,he's stayin close to the top but is havin diff problem ,, what i said,it's not what u buy or what u use but it's just how u use it,u can't buy a longer swingarm and expect to be faster,u buy it to make the quad sit down better in turns and stance alone so it doesn't wheelie as easy and handles better ,any u get more travel,it doesn't always make u faster but it does make it easier to ride

Out_Sider
07-08-2005, 10:16 PM
alot of yfz riders are using the stock swing arm cuz its strong and light weight, its not hurtin them any, its helpin because of the light weight