PDA

View Full Version : 400ex G Force Axle?

RiderTRX400ex
07-06-2005, 12:50 PM
i think my stockers bent... anyone got a G Force or had any experience with them?

the durable heavy duty is like 35 bucks more so i dont know if i should get that or he gforce...?

any input will help, thx

99_300ex
07-06-2005, 01:13 PM
well an easy to tell if your axle is bent is to go down the road and look at the tire if the tread has a wobble then mostlikely it your axle if your rims are straignt.
Jeremy

sharkinthepool
07-06-2005, 01:14 PM
dude. Do a search. The first thread I saw on that axle did not turn-out to well!

FoxRacing81
07-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Dirtwheels has claimed they beat on theres pretty good without any complaints. Seems like you can't go wrong for 200 bucks!

Just the other day at the local MX track, I saw a Durablue snapped clean off when a kid on a 450r was landing a tabletop. And I haven't heard many good things about them either.

enduro400rider
07-06-2005, 03:02 PM
id go with the G-force. both compainies have a lifetime guarentee so even if it breaks youll get a new one. if you get G-force you will get the benifit of the extended width

Colby@C&DRacing
07-06-2005, 03:30 PM
You might want to read the fine print on those life time warranties:eek2:

rollie
07-06-2005, 03:34 PM
even if it is warrentied, i dont know if he races or not but i know i wouldnt want to be out of a few races while they send me a new axle, get an LSR...its worth the extra money, and does have a true lifetime warrenty

F-16Guy
07-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
You might want to read the fine print on those life time warranties:eek2:
No doubt. It looks pretty nice, but unless you're a metalurgist, it's hard to tell how good the quality really is. You could probably chrome-plate a turd, but I wouldn't bolt it to my quad and try to clear a 90 ft. double with it.:D

400ex28
07-06-2005, 05:55 PM
I have the G-force and race mx and beat on it since last september and i have had 0 problems :D

hondarider2006
07-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
I have the G-force and race mx and beat on it since last september and i have had 0 problems :D

In your case...you are like me. I own a Durablue eliminator +4 and have had 0 problems. MANY people have had problems, and the first one I have its getting fixed and sold. Than I will be purhcasing an LSR;) I would stay away from durablue and g-force...If I would of known any better I would of bought the LSR....so for now I am just waiting for mine to snap, give me a good reason to buy a new one;)

RiderTRX400ex
07-06-2005, 06:06 PM
yea, well on the rail road bed, best trail around here, in 5th it starts to vibrate some, and i tok of my hub and was spinnin it in 5th and noticed the end moving less than 1/8 of an inch, just a little to notice

rims SHOULD be straight, ill try switching hubs, and rims around to see if the vibration switches sides...

thx

cals400ex
07-07-2005, 12:23 AM
i got a g force for my 450r. it actually isn't here yet but i ordered one. i talked to rocky mountain atv and they said it was a true lifetime warrenty. they told me whether it breaks OR bends, give them a call and they will get a new one out. we will see i guess...

xc400ex
07-08-2005, 04:00 PM
You can pay $200 for one with a warranty and take a chance since the company hasn't been around long, or pay over $400 for a namebrand LSR and know in the back of your mind the sprocket hub will only last for a year.

bigbadbrad
07-08-2005, 09:17 PM
i have had no problems what so ever with my g force. i went to the track today for the first time since i had it, and no complaints. one of these days i will scan the warrenty for every one to see

ben41884
11-06-2005, 09:55 PM
I read and read and read opinions facts and reviews of the g force and there was an overwhelming amount of favor of the axle so i purchased it. Today was the 2nd time it saw action and it bent on the 2nd lap at the track. Im not saying its not a good axle, ive got buds that have it and theirs are still straight. The quality may not be totally consistent or i just hit harder than i thought. I didnt even case the jump or anything. It was a slightly rough landing but nothing serious. next thing i know im airborne again but this time it felt like someone secretly installed one of those trashy motel 25 cent massager beds when i was resting. Anyways Im going to try to get them to send me another one so i wont be down so long. if not im going to be mad. and write bad things about their company.

tater_kamik
11-07-2005, 03:51 PM
i have heard no one with problems, the only people who have dogged gforce so far that i have seen, have never owned one, ridden one one, known anyone with one, etc. there was another thread about the gforce on here pretty recently, no one that posted had any problems with the axle. i dont have any time on mine so i cant say much, but i can buy two axles for the price of an lsr (not dogging them!!) and have a brand new backup just in case.

lonestar13r
11-07-2005, 07:51 PM
know in the back of your mind the sprocket hub will only last for a year. ??? whats up with that , just wondering because i'm either getting a LSR or RPM axle....

i'v herd to many storys, and have had to many buddies bending and breaking dura-blues to convince me not to buy them, i was told you pay shipping on your first broken axle, shipping on the new one, and thats that. 2nd one you break (if you do) , is full cost. thats what i was told from a freind that went through them getting a replacment.
-Ethan .

who knows... mabye G-force will take off , mabye there so cheap because there a new company.. after they get a name then mabye they'll start having price changes .
-Ethan

F-16Guy
11-08-2005, 07:54 AM
Well, I hope the G-Force axle is okay, because I just ordered one about two days ago!:D