PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust for 450R

tedscrappy300
07-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Which exhaust would you guys think would give the most power to a 450R? Noise doesn't matter that much.
Thanks

450r51
07-06-2005, 01:21 PM
rossier or curtis sparks

Nick110
07-06-2005, 03:05 PM
rossier or HMF. the sparks doesnt come close

honda350r
07-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
rossier or HMF. the sparks doesnt come close

You are full of S H I T !!

Sparks makes a great pipe for the 450R !

desratt
07-06-2005, 09:47 PM
fmf factory 4

nowukno
07-06-2005, 10:49 PM
HMF or Sparks

mikes450r
07-06-2005, 10:51 PM
i would go with the hmf--pulsecharger---or the rossier...sparks will make about 2 hp less than all of those..

mike

roostin_dale
07-06-2005, 10:53 PM
TC, HMF, Rossier, NMotion, and Sparks....they are all great..I am not a fan of sparks themselves but they do have a nice exhaust

roostin_dale
07-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by desratt
fmf factory 4

dyno readings on all the top exhaust show that the FMF factory 4 (with filter and jetted carb) produces some of the weakest HP numbers..

mikes450r
07-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
dyno readings on all the top exhaust show that the FMF factory 4 (with filter and jetted carb) produces some of the weakest HP numbers..

i have also seen the same thing on that pipe..

mike

07-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by 450r51
rossier or curtis sparks

i agree, rossier, curtis sparks, or HMF, cant go wrong with any of those 3

04blasterboy
07-07-2005, 02:25 AM
anyone heard anything good bout the white brothers e2 slip on?

Nick110
07-07-2005, 12:09 PM
honda350r dude do u even look at the dyno charts on the pipes or just say what everyone else says. the sparks makes alomst 2hp less.

Nick110
07-07-2005, 12:10 PM
im not sayin its a bad pipe but that facts show

honda350r
07-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Dyno # are nothing more than #s !!

People sure do get caught up in bogus dyno #s..

Let's go racing and I will show you some dyno #s

I have sold over 50 Sparks pipes and not one complaint!!

How many 450rs have you built ????

MR.BIG
07-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Wow hear we go again with another exhaust feud!

TRXDresh
07-07-2005, 12:52 PM
I have built 3 bikes, and made the mistake of buying a sparks for my first one. I then changed to a Rossier, and man it has more more power throughout the power band. Just because you may have sold 50 Sparks pipes and no one complained, that doesn't mean they are the best. I thought that too until I rode a bike with a different pipe. Heck, the honda350 guy didn't even know that the sparks wasn't stepped, and others were. He thought the HRC end cap would compare with full exhaust kits. Like I said before, don't talk about stuff unless you know something about it.

TrX450rKiD
07-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Pulse Charger or Rossier

chad502ex
07-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Rossier or PC

TrX450rKiD
07-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
Rossier or PC
There we go agreeing again! :mad:

:blah: :p

mikes450r
07-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by honda350r

these pipes were all dynoed the same day...not different days in different states on different dynos...yes they are numbers and dynos are for tuning...you cant tell me you would take those graphs and build your bike around the sparks pipe...unless your just stuck on stupid and cant get out of sparks *********..cause theres alot of his fans that are like that..

and just because you have sold 50 pipes doesnt really mean **** if you just selling them to people that dont know any better...alot of people buy the pipe because of the name..i for have also did it and since have passed on..

chad502ex
07-07-2005, 02:15 PM
easy fellas

jb500ex
07-07-2005, 02:24 PM

i have had 3 exhaust on my 500R, a white bros race series, curtis sparks, and an alba. the sparks was by far the one i liked the least, the ceramic coating disclored and started too chip after about 6 races. and the power wasn't as good as the other 2 in my opinion. so their is a complaint from someone who owned one

khen
07-07-2005, 02:36 PM
I just bought a used 450R with a full Yoshimura Tri-Oval exhaust.. Does anyone know how they compete with these others?

TrX450rKiD
07-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Yoshi makes a good, quality exhaust, no need to throw it away :macho

desratt
07-07-2005, 06:46 PM
ok so you read a shootout or two.

notice those are all on a stock quad.
a jet kit kit and no lid or what ever does not make it a modified quad.

next look at race results. what brands are used to win big name races.

I have never heard of most of the brands you guys have sworn loyalty to. untill I came here.

Matt400ex_17
07-07-2005, 06:58 PM
You know i love how everyone on here lives by what the magazines tell them!! Who do you pays for them big colorful pages in them magazines every month to allow them to be sold to me and you. Do you think a magazine is gonna rip on a product or company that just forked out $1000's for monthly ads?? Doesnt sound like a very good buisness idea does it? I would go to a track and watch and listen. or to a popular trail system.

Back to the question though i have a LRD and have not had any problems with either 450r or yfz450. Plus there coming out with a new one that suppose to be quieter for next year with no loss of power and built specific for 450r or yfz. they look nice and mine should be on the way soon.

TrX450rKiD
07-07-2005, 07:22 PM
The PC already does that .. put in the Stealth core with no significant power loss ...

04'400ex'er
07-07-2005, 07:42 PM
I raced aginsed alot of 450Rs and waynoka and one of them had a sparks on it. he didnt come out of the hole any faster than me, and by the time we got to the end of the track, he was about 6 lengths ahead of me. It was one of the slowest piped 450r's there. one had an hrc kit with stock exhaust and just ate the sparks alive. just my experience...

honda350r
07-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by TRXDresh
I have built 3 bikes, and made the mistake of buying a sparks for my first one. I then changed to a Rossier, and man it has more more power throughout the power band. Just because you may have sold 50 Sparks pipes and no one complained, that doesn't mean they are the best. I thought that too until I rode a bike with a different pipe. Heck, the honda350 guy didn't even know that the sparks wasn't stepped, and others were. He thought the HRC end cap would compare with full exhaust kits. Like I said before, don't talk about stuff unless you know something about it.

A man who should live by his own words !!!

Get a grip dude ...

04'400ex'er
07-07-2005, 08:03 PM
A man who should live by his own words !!!

Get a grip dude ... Come on man. Give it a rest. Everyone on here disagrees with you about the Sparks exhaust. You arent gonna convince them the Sparks is the best when the paper shows it isnt. Have you istalled any Rossier or Pulse Charger systems? Or have any of your satisfied customers changed to the Sparks from the Rossier or Pulse Charger?

mikes450r
07-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by desratt
ok so you read a shootout or two.

notice those are all on a stock quad.
a jet kit kit and no lid or what ever does not make it a modified quad.

next look at race results. what brands are used to win big name races.

I have never heard of most of the brands you guys have sworn loyalty to. untill I came here.

so your gonna buy an exhaust that a pro uses uh..if you really think its the pipe that makes them good your alittle nuts..

Do you buy the same gear they wear too..lol

mike

honda350r
07-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Mike you are just pissed because you can't beat any of the Sparks quads in your area ! So you come on this kids site and bash Sparks..

mikes450r
07-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Mike you are just pissed because you can't beat any of the Sparks quads in your area ! So you come on this kids site and bash Sparks..

I wouldnt mind putting some money on that..do you have a sparks bike in my area..

mike

mikes450r
07-07-2005, 09:31 PM
oh and how fast were sparks bikes at 4 stroke wars this year...they seemed pretty upset to not even stay around for the awards...must have been real fast...lol

mike

kahuna4
07-08-2005, 01:54 AM
mike i will race you.

TURBO-530R
07-08-2005, 07:37 AM
Ill Race You :devil:

mikes450r
07-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by TURBO-530R
Ill Race You :devil:

come on Chad...I didnt know sparks put your motor together..:devil:

j/K....guess i will have to throw that busa motor in to make it a race..lol.

mike

mikes450r
07-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by kahuna4
mike i will race you.

whens the next time you will be at the dunes???Is your bike done by curtis sparks

chad502ex
07-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by mikes450r
come on Chad...I didnt know sparks put your motor together..:devil:

j/K....guess i will have to throw that busa motor in to make it a race..lol.

mike

mike, that turbo is not mine. My contribution was putting a lot of hours and design time getting that INCREDIBLE quad from concept to reality.

Pappy
07-08-2005, 09:22 AM
So you come on this kids site and bash Sparks..

kids site?

bash?

man, and you had the nerve to call me a hypocrite:confused:

you my friend are an idiot with a sparks complex..lmfao

mikes450r
07-08-2005, 09:28 AM
mike, that turbo is not mine. My contribution was putting a lot of hours and design time getting that INCREDIBLE quad from concept to reality.

oh i know...that thing would really kick some but on the hills...but isnt yours for the strip though...i thought i read some times somewhere..

chad502ex
07-08-2005, 09:29 AM
oh i know...that thing would really kick some but on the hills...but isnt yours for the strip though...i thought i read some times somewhere..

no Jims 530R EFI TURBO is for the drag strip.

My 550R is for the woods, XC, and hill climbing...

mikes450r
07-08-2005, 09:32 AM
no Jims 530R EFI TURBO is for the drag strip.

My 550R is for the woods, XC, and hill climbing...

hey how do you think that EFI would work on the hills and flat drags.

chad502ex
07-08-2005, 09:37 AM
hey how do you think that EFI would work on the hills and flat drags.

perfectly. No need to ever ever ever adjust the jetting with EFI for a pipe, filter, ignition, fuel, nito, alcohol.

TURBO-530R
07-08-2005, 10:30 AM
But wait ,The bike does have a sparks woods cam.he he he well the crf cam they call there own. does that count. he he he :devil: :devil:

chad502ex
07-08-2005, 10:39 AM
But wait ,The bike does have a sparks woods cam.he he he well the crf cam they call there own. does that count. he he he :devil: :devil:

looks like a few kick starter scraps on the garage floor.. WAHHHOOOOO!!

TURBO-530R
07-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks Chad For ALL Your Help With This Project! I could Not Have Done This Project With Out You!!!:devil :macho

chad502ex
07-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Thanks Chad For ALL Your Help With This Project! I could Not Have Done This Project With Out You!!!:devil :macho

:huh

Your welcome, glad i could help!

honda350r
07-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
kids site?

bash?

man, and you had the nerve to call me a hypocrite:confused:

you my friend are an idiot with a sparks complex..lmfao

Do a poll and I will bet the average age is 17

Mike talks trash on Sparks!

If the truth hurts change it !!

I am not your friend !!

I don't have a Sparks Complex, I just don't think they are as bad as this board says they are !!

Pappy
07-08-2005, 12:35 PM
17 year old young men can serve this country so i think i value thier insights and opinions just the same as an old fart with a bad attitude.

i wouldnt accept your friendship so dont humor me.

you are correct, sparks is not a bad pipe at all, but it seems they could get better retailers to promote them seeing your very poor defense of the exhaust system.

go play with something sharp, you have nothing for me and you damn well know it. you are upgraded to sir idiot..lmfao

honda350r
07-08-2005, 12:46 PM

go play with something sharp, you have nothing for me and you damn well know it. you are upgraded to sir idiot..lmfao

1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

I am not allowed to put you in your place !!

Pappy
07-08-2005, 12:56 PM

I am not allowed to put you in your place !!

you can try, but seeing your idiocy stated in this thread alone i highly doubt you have the intellect to accomplish it. you love to be the hater but cry when it is bounced back at you and then have the nerve to call this a kids site.

you can attack me with your personal opinion but thats suspect and regulated to opinion. while i will simply point out the comical way you dismiss fact with your sales history to compel others that somehow magically your cash register is more accurate then a dyno
:huh

using your own logic, i would bet to say that dg exhausts are the best on the market due to sales numbers without complaints.

:chinese:

MR.BIG
07-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Fight nice children! haha

TrX450rKiD
07-08-2005, 03:32 PM
you can try, but seeing your idiocy stated in this thread alone i highly doubt you have the intellect to accomplish it.
C'mon Pappy, don't sink to his level by a personal attack. Let HIM look like the antagonist .. not you ....

Pappy
07-08-2005, 04:01 PM
he has it coming since for the past few years he has taken his digs at me. i agree tho, its not being handled properly.

so a big ol' stfu will have to suffice:p

i do have do agree with him that the sparks pipe is a very good pipe in its own right. i geuss these days, the dyno will seperate the good from the great:confused: i could see if the power was so different that buying one over the other would offer a rider such an advantage that you would be a fool not to buy it. ive been around racing my entire life and i havent seen much that offers one such an advantage no matter what the dyno says.(as opposed to rider skill)

i havent taken a position on the 2 front runners in this latest round of pipe hype..lol

i have spoken with a few that i trust and rossier seems to be doing it all with the pc coming in right behind it. i personally have never ridden a quad with either so i cant level an opinion on which i would prefer. i do know that a close friend of mine tested a pc and went back to his TC. i never got a chance to ask him why, but i did get a chance to pick it up and i found it appeared to be much heavier then a regular old pipe. i did not weigh it, and dont mean to be negative about it, just an observation.

and for those that think changing or advancing technology wont or cant make a better pipe then im afraid you are close minded and any discussion will lead to arguement. im happy to see the likes of rossier and PC. if you think about it, pipe technology hasnt really gone anywhere until these units arrived on the scene. which one will be the ultimate winner is really going to happen over time. the dyno is good, but the pipe has got too hold up to racing and riding in general.

its interesting to read the tech side of the pipes, and dyno runs, but the average person just wants to know it works as well as anything on the market. keep up the good work and i will be eagerly awaiting the next thread..lol

ridinredodb
07-08-2005, 09:00 PM
the sparks exhaust is towards the bottom of the performance line.
honda350R... if its such a great pipe lets see some dyno #'s and some time slips!?
uh oh... whats the excuse going to be now???

ridinredodb
07-08-2005, 09:02 PM
if you want to go by sales #'s then last year the bayou 220 was the best quad. buahaha

07-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by ridinredodb
the sparks exhaust is towards the bottom of the performance line.
honda350R... if its such a great pipe lets see some dyno #'s and some time slips!?
uh oh... whats the excuse going to be now???

the bottom? lmao

where are you getting this information man, sparks big core is right up there close with rossier on built bikes

sparks does great work, i dont know who you are considering the best, but sparks is definantly one of the top condenders wether you would like to admit it or not

im not getting involved in this for a flame fest or anything of that matter, i have road hmf/yoshi/sparks and out of those 3 i liked the sparks the most, dyno doesnt prove everything man, sometimes its trying the product that counts, and using it in conditions you ride in to see if the power is where you need it, and what the sparks big core, its right where i want it

mikes450r
07-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
the bottom? lmao

where are you getting this information man, sparks big core is right up there close with rossier on built bikes

sparks does great work, i dont know who you are considering the best, but sparks is definantly one of the top condenders wether you would like to admit it or not

im not getting involved in this for a flame fest or anything of that matter, i have road hmf/yoshi/sparks and out of those 3 i liked the sparks the most, dyno doesnt prove everything man, sometimes its trying the product that counts, and using it in conditions you ride in to see if the power is where you need it, and what the sparks big core, its right where i want it

sparks sure did show some skill at FSW's....oopps i guess im hating again...lol

mike

07-08-2005, 09:11 PM
sparks sure did show some skill at FSW's....oopps i guess im hating again...lol

mike

FSW is a drag race, i dont buy my pipe to be the fastest in a straight line...thats not exactly what im trying to achieve, but tell me about it

who won? how did sparks do? etc? :confused:

dldaniels
07-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Matt400ex_17
You know i love how everyone on here lives by what the magazines tell them!! Who do you pays for them big colorful pages in them magazines every month to allow them to be sold to me and you. Do you think a magazine is gonna rip on a product or company that just forked out $1000's for monthly ads?? Doesnt sound like a very good buisness idea does it? I would go to a track and watch and listen. or to a popular trail system.

Back to the question though i have a LRD and have not had any problems with either 450r or yfz450. Plus there coming out with a new one that suppose to be quieter for next year with no loss of power and built specific for 450r or yfz. they look nice and mine should be on the way soon.

Matt, it sure is funny that you have time to log on and talk about pipes, but you can't seem to be able to find time to send me the 39FCR carb, reply to my emails, PMs or repeated phone calls. You cashed the money order on 6-6-05, it is now 7-9-05 and you have not once made any attempt to contact me since you got my money, and I still have no carb. This B.S. about tracking numbers not working is just that B.S., otherwise you would give me the numbers or file a claim with UPS. Also guys, I called this guy one day and actually talked to him he said that he got my money on 6-3-05, but he didn't send the carb until about 2 weeks later because "I just didn't think about it". He claimed he sent the carb via UPS and insured it for $250, but didn't give me the tracking numbers because they were "at work and the didn't work anyway" Matt, I have kept a copy of every PM, email, and written record phone call to you and your Dad. I also have copies of the cashed money order. Matt, either deliver a good 39 FCR carb or send me a refund ASAP.:mad::mad: :mad:

plkmonster2
07-09-2005, 01:02 PM
If it don't work out, just cancel the MO. It will come back to him, and he will have to pay you back. I've done it once, but it took a few months for them to trace it...

dldaniels
07-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Can you really cancel a MO after it has been cashed? Sorry about crashing the exhaust thread, but I saw the Matt400ex_17 had took the time to reply to this thread but not answer my PMs, emails, or phone calls I was a little pissed off. Anyone else have any suggestions about how to deal with this guy?
Thanks, Doug

mikes450r
07-09-2005, 02:48 PM
i had a buddy do the samething with someone on ebay..my buddy called his local police department and the cops went to his house..the guy send the stuff off that day..

thats what i would do..you already have his address and everything...just send the cops of there..

mike

dldaniels
07-10-2005, 08:25 AM
Thanks Mike. I am going to give him one more call, but if he does not reply I am going to try the police.
Thanks, Doug

450RACER1
04-08-2007, 03:38 PM
get the motoworks SRC4 that one rocks

Flyin-Low
04-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Bwahaha...

Buddy, I think that guy already got a pipe if he was going to because this thread is 2 years old...

-Martin