PDA

View Full Version : Question on Air Filter Usage at the Dunes

2qk4u
05-29-2002, 08:33 PM
Got a quick question for you all. Is it ok (safe) to run a K&N airfilter with an outerwear at the dunes. Or is it better to run the stock filter? will the K&N block the sand from getting into the engine enough? Have any of you had any problems running the K&N at the dunes?

Thanks

chad400ex
05-29-2002, 08:37 PM
The K&N with an outerwears is just fine for the dunes. There's no way any sand will make it past the outerwears cover. I use the same setup, and when I get home, I take my shop vac and suck out any sand that made it into the airbox. This way, there is no risk of getting any sand into your engine.

05-30-2002, 04:14 PM
i run k&n airfilters directly on my carbs with outer wears and haven't had any problems. you have to run the outwears though. my banshee is a pumped 370 long rod and uses a lot of fuel and AIR, too.

WyoDuner
05-31-2002, 09:22 AM
K&N with outerwear is the best set-up for the dunes. Any filter without an outerwear will just pack up with sand; foam or K&N. So, if you decide to use foam make sure you have an outerwear for it.

airheadedduner
05-31-2002, 04:18 PM
K&N and outerwears is perfect for dunes. A plain K&N is fine but you better have like 3 of them cause without an outerwears it won't last a day before needing cleaning. I just pull of my outerwear after every ride, blow it out, and it goes back on. Makes filter last a loonnnggg time in the dunes between cleanings.

06-06-2002, 04:11 PM
think u oughta try running without the airbox lid and filter----betcha youd be smokin then!!! whatcha think???:macho

2qk4u
06-06-2002, 06:11 PM
your a brite one there smokin400. i could run a Briggs and Stratton Air filter and smoke you. and yes the name says it all.

2QK4U