PDA

View Full Version : irazr up front

newyorkboy
07-05-2005, 06:35 PM
I know that alot of people that race harescramble with razr2 on the front.Does anyone race irazr up front and how do you like them.

CannondaleRider
07-05-2005, 09:02 PM
I want to know the same thing.

I'm going to be running the WORCS series again next year and Maxxis gives out pretty good contingency, so I was wanting to run Maxxis tires.

I was going to go with the Irazrs, but i don't like how fast they wear. So being that the front doesn't wear as fast I was thinking Razr2 rears and Irazr fronts.

Good idea, or bad?

What about Razr MX's all around for the select few races?

07-06-2005, 12:21 PM
imo the best fronts for gncc-ish riding are razr II's

CannondaleRider
07-06-2005, 02:24 PM
So should I just go Razr II's all around.

WORCS is a lot of different terrain. We race anywhere from Arizona, to California, to Utah, to Idaho, to Washington. Maybe Texas. So what would be the best all around Maxxis tire

scramblerracer
07-06-2005, 03:25 PM
I had three holes in the sidewall in 1 tire and two in the other front IRazr in 5 races, (Missouri Harescrambles) so I switched to Holeshot XCR fronts and have not had any front flats in the last 5 races. I liked the steering much better with the IRazr tires but I want to finish races. Just my experience Josh

CannondaleRider
07-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Alright, thanks for the info:cool:

07-06-2005, 04:12 PM
ive heard people on this site say the razr II rears suck

newyorkboy
07-06-2005, 04:30 PM
ok how are the irazr on the rear

newyorkboy
07-06-2005, 04:46 PM
The irazr say that they are radial what does that mean.

bwamos
07-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Most ATV wheels are Bias-ply. They are a stiffer tire w/ heavier sidewalls usually.

Raidals the ply runs the opposite direction. And usually have a thinner sidewall. You get better traction on a radial.. but they get sidewall punctures a lot easier usually.

Heres a site explaining some of difference regarding Auto Tires.

http://www.michelinag.com:81/agx/en-US/products/advantages/bias_radial/bias_radial.jsp

Note how thin the sidewalls are on the radials. That's a big issue for ATV's.

-- below is purely opinion--

Raidials "could" be superior on Pavement/TT/or MX (ASSUMING any of them had a semi-decent tread pattern.)

Bias will probably rule the XC world for quite some time.. just simply because you'll get less DNF's. ;)

greg_gorrell
07-07-2005, 09:47 PM
idk i have had my razr 2s on the back for a long time and i have a lot of tread left. i dont race or anythign tho