PDA

View Full Version : 2005 ATVA ITP Moose GNC MX Round #10 - Daniel Boone

Admin
07-05-2005, 02:47 PM
London, KY - Early Sunday morning, the vendors re-opened for the final day of the Blugrass National at Daniel Boone MX facility,.

The 4th of July Weekend racing tradition at Daniel Boone MX began just last year after track experienced rain/snow the previous two years with its earlier spring date, but unfortunately, the new date caught many off guard last year, which caused a lower than average attendance for the weekend because many families already had arranged other plans for the 4th of July weekend.

Track Owner, Jerry Hebel, and Victory Sports Promoter, Sam Gammon made sure the word was released early to everyone that the race was going to be held on the 4th of July weekend and it worked because the track had a record number of riders and spectators attend this weekends event, which is exactly what we need to keep manufacturers and sponsors interested in taking ATV racing to an even higher level.

Admin
07-05-2005, 02:58 PM
ATVA President, Doug Morris, and local London, KY resident, Mr. Lewis, were spreading the word to spectators about the benefits of joining the ATVA, which is an organization that I feel every ATV enthusiast should belong to if we want to protect our right to ride.

Also, if you are an AMA member, I recommend you make the switch to an ATVA card to show that you are an ATV rider and not a motorcycle rider because the greater number of ATV riders joined together the more difficult it will be for those against ATVs to attack our Freedom to ride as Americans

You can join online by going to www.atvaonline.com (http://www.atvaonline.com/join.asp)

Admin
07-05-2005, 03:28 PM
John Lawson gave me the thumbs up, which was a great sign because #55 Doug Gust was healed up enough to race this weekend even though Suzuki told him he could have the weekend off, but Doug couldn't risk letting his championship hopes slip by him by watching on the sidelines knowing that he was only 51 points behind #13 John Natalie Jr in the Points chase and in racing anything could happen, and he still had a chance if he competed this weekend.

Doug Gust took a moment to talk with ATVriders.com

ATVriders.com
How have you been since your wreck at High Point?

Doug Gust
Not good, I was dizzy for a while, so I went back to the hospital again and they found that nothing was wrong with my head accept a bad concussion, but I had a compressed T7 vertebrate and I tore the ACL off my knee, so I have to have surgery after the season

ATVriders.com
Have you rode since High Point?

Doug Gust
No, I have been lying on the couch the past two weeks

ATVriders.com
Thanks for your time, Doug.

Doug Gust proved why he was the champion last year and remained in points contention for the championship this weekend even after two horrific wrecks at Birch Creek and High Point because he never gives up!

If you want anything in life, you have to work hard at it and never let road blocks in life keep you from pursuing your dreams because you have to be dedicated if you ever want to see your dreams turn into reality.

I am living my dream with ATVriders.com, and it hasn’t been an easy road, but I never gave up.

Admin
07-05-2005, 03:38 PM
#8 Jason Luburgh made his return to racing at High Point after his wreck at Budds Creek during practice, which sidelined him for two rounds.

He came back stronger than ever in the 1st Moto at High Point with a 4th place finish, but he was spent by Moto 2 and finished 18th because he used all his energy in the 1st Moto, so he decided to spend the past two weeks training hard in the heat to prepare him for both motos this weekend.

Jason showed his support for ATVriders.com at the track which was awesome, and he made sure the spread the love and wear an ********.com shirt in the Afternoon especially since his sister, Jamie Luburgh, will be an upcoming Scene Girl.

John Pellan, ********.com and I work so hard to promote the racers and the sport of ATV racing and it is great to see the riders show their support for what we do.

Thanks Jason Luburgh and all the other Pros that run ATVriders.com and ********.com stickers, so more racing fans can find out about our websites.

Admin
07-05-2005, 03:53 PM
#53 Kory Ellis showed up this weekend with his new mechanic, Jody Earnest, and I use the word “New” lightly because actually Jody was Kory’s mechanic in the past when he raced for Cannondale.

Jody took a moment to tells about his newest position as Kory’s mechanic

ATVriders.com
How did your “new” job as Kory’s mechanic come about?

Jody Earnest
I worked at Cannondale Corporation in the Engine R&D Department and that is how I met Kory Ellis, and I did all of his engines and he liked them because he didn’t have any problems with them and they never broke down, and we became really close friends.

I live in Altoona, PA and he lives way out in California and we have kept in touch, and he called me out of the blue about a month ago and asked if I wanted to come work for him, and I said that I would give it a shot

ATVriders.com
Do you still have a fulltime job?

Jody Earnest
Yes, I work at a shop in Tyrone, PA called TLB Cycle and accessories as a mechanic

ATVriders.com
Will you keep Kory’s Yamaha YFZ450 race machine between races?

Jody Earnest
Yes, we are planning on it

Thanks for your time, Jody, and I wish you the best in your new position.

Admin
07-05-2005, 08:13 PM
At the Conclusion of the Pros rider meeting, they all drew clothes pins to determine starting gate selection order and #55 Doug Gust received a huge break by drawing the first gate pick which had Doug's mechanic, Paul Turner, jumping for joy.

It was also proposed for next year that the first ten gate positions are determined by the points standing with the remaining riders drawing for position, which is the same format as the Motorcycle Outdoor Nationals, but their was some concern because there are only 20 gate positions for ATVs compared to 40 gate positions for motorcycles, which had the Pros split over the new proposal.

Moto 1 – Gate Pick Order

1. Doug Gust
2. Harold Goodman
3. Tim Farr
4. Donald Lysinger
5. Tavis Cain
6. Chad Wienen
7. Matt White
8. John Natalie Jr
9. Pat Brown
10. Keith Little
11. Jason Luburgh
12. Dustin Wimmer
13. Jeremiah Jones
14. Jason Dunkelberger
15. Jason Luburgh
16. Joe Byrd
17. Jeremy Lawson
18. Kory Ellis
19. Travis Spader
20. Joe Haavisto

Admin
07-05-2005, 08:21 PM
By Noon with the Pros making their way to the starting gate for the start of the first Moto there wasn’t an empty spot along the fence surrounding the track with thousands of fans waiting for the start of the race.

Admin
07-05-2005, 08:25 PM
The weather was perfect for racing and the track was in terrific condition with it track crew watering the track throughout the morning to keep down the dust, and they stopped watering ˝ hour before the Pro race to avoid having any slick spots on the track.

Admin
07-05-2005, 08:30 PM
A view from the Starting Gate

Admin
07-05-2005, 08:35 PM
#55 Doug Gust looks out across the starting gate to determine which position would give him the best opportunity for the Holeshot, and he decided to line up his Suzuki/Yoshimura machine to the right of the gate house in the center.

Admin
07-05-2005, 08:49 PM
#411 Donald Lysinger received the 4th gate pick and decided to start to in the middle of the left side of the gate house.

As usual, he had his wife, Lisa, by his side on the starting gate as she truly stands by her man.

Admin
07-05-2005, 08:51 PM
#152 Chad Wienen, Pro Rookie, qualified for yet another Main event by beating out Donald Lamborn for the final spot on the starting gate.

Chad with his 6th gate pick lined up to the right of Donald Lysinger

Admin
07-05-2005, 08:57 PM
#191 Dustin Wimmer sits on the Starting gate currently 9th in Points and was hoping for a repeat performance this year similar to last year at Daniel Boone when he earned himself a 3rd Overall and a spot on the podium in route to finish out the year 6th in Points, which isn't out of reach this season if he can finish near the front the remaining three races.

Admin
07-05-2005, 08:59 PM
#30 Travis Spader was in great spirits before the race after getting in some time aboard his new Suzuki ride

Admin
07-05-2005, 09:07 PM
With all the racers lined up, Smitty released them one by one for their hot lap with #30 Travis Spader heading out first since he was forced to lineup on the far right side with only two spots to choose from with his 19th gate pick.

#161 Jeremy Lawson also qualified for the Pro Main Event and the the 4th rider to take to the track behind #53 Kory Ellis

Admin
07-05-2005, 09:12 PM
#2 Jeremiah Jones wrecked on the Triple during practice on Saturday while testing a new suspension setup, which didn't give him the lift he needed to clear the landing.

Before the race, he felt as if the impact bruised his kidneys, but he wasn't going to let it slow him down as he blasted out across the straight away into the 1st turn.

Admin
07-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Everyone was well aware of Doug Gust wreck at High Point, but also #199 Pat Brown went down hard in the first Moto and ended up finishing 14th for the weekend, which was one of his worst finishes of the season, which still isn't bad considering Pat is still a Pro Rookie in only his first complete year of racing in the Pro Class and is currently 10th in Points.

Admin
07-05-2005, 09:34 PM
#4 Tim Farr moved back into 2nd place in points after Round #9 behind #13 John Natalie Jr with #55 Doug Gust dropping back to 3rd in points.

Admin
07-05-2005, 09:36 PM
With all the Pros back on the Starting Gate, and the race was about to begin after the playing of the National Anthem.

Admin
07-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Bigkidracing.com, Roy Bloodworth, made the trip out from California with his family and he got into position at end of he start straight away to capture the Holeshot

Admin
07-05-2005, 09:45 PM
The Start!!!!

Admin
07-05-2005, 09:51 PM
#7 Joe Byrd grabbed his first career Pro Holeshot, which may come as a shock to many, but in all his years of racing Pro the Holeshot has always eluded Joe similar to longtime motorcycle Pro, #5 Mike LaRocco.

#8 Jason Luburgh, #708 Harold Goodman, #191 Dustin Wimmer, and #30 Travis Spader were also out to great starts.

Admin
07-05-2005, 09:52 PM
#2 Jeremiah Jones and the rest of the Pro Class battling for position

Admin
07-05-2005, 09:54 PM
The front runners remained the same as they headed through the high speed whoops section early in the 1st lap

Admin
07-05-2005, 09:58 PM
#2 Jeremiah Jones and #30 Travis Spader make the early pass on #191 Dustin Wimmer when they shift toward the inside line through the whoops and squeeze past Wimmer on left hand turn following the whoops dropping him back to 6th place

Admin
07-05-2005, 10:05 PM
#7 Joe Byrd launches off the "Table of Two" with #8 Jason Luburgh right behind him as they sail over 100+ feet through the air

Admin
07-05-2005, 10:08 PM
#8 Jason Luburgh

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:19 AM
In third Place, #708 Harold Goodman takes flight and gives the cheering fans a look over as he reaches cruising altitude.

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:22 AM
After the "Table of Two", they headed through the "Supercross Six" which is a series of three peaked doubles back to back, which required perfect timing and speed.

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:23 AM
By the 2nd lap, #7 Joe Byrd continued to hold a slight lead over #8 Jason Luburgh as they headed through the whoops once again.

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:33 AM
In 4th Place, #2 Jeremiah Jones hammered through the whooops looking to make up time on #708 Harold Goodman. #30 Travis Spader remained in 5th place for now, but his Suzuki was creating a smoke screen behind him, which meant he was having some engine issues and #13 John Natalie Jr was quickly moving in after making the pass on #191 Dustin Wimmer back in 7th place.

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:39 AM
By the 5th lap, #7 Joe Byrd remained out front as his pit crew gives him the sign to "Think"

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:44 AM
#13 John Natalie Jr continued his charge to the front by passing the fading #30 Travis Spader with mechanical problems and started to move in on #2 Jeremiah Jones in 4th place.

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:53 AM
By the end of the lap 4, the top four riders remained the same, but #30 Travis Spader had dropped back to 8th place as his Suzuki began to lose power after cracking the engine cases.

Both #55 Doug Gust and #53 Kory Ellis were back in 12th place battling for position after the pair got off to a poor start

Top 10
1. #7 Joe Byrd
2. #8 Jason Luburgh
3. #708 Harold Goodman
4. #2 Jeremiah Jones
5. #13 John Natalie Jr
6. #191 Dustin Wimmer
7. #4 Tim Farr
8. #30 Travis Spader
9. #12 Keith Little
10. #75 Joe Haavisto

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:56 AM
By lap 5, Byrd remained out front, but Luburgh wasn't giving him any slack staying right on his bumper in 2nd place.

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:58 AM
"The Bee" Goodman remained less than 2 seconds behind the leaders as he continued his run in 3rd place.

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:59 AM
Jones wasn't able to hold off the hard charging Natalie Jr as he moved his way up to 4th place behind Goodman.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:02 AM
Spader was out of the race by lap five which allowed #12 Keith Little to move back up into 8th place behind #4 Tim Farr.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:04 AM
#75 Joe Haavisto remained in 9th place after passing #6 Tavis Cain in the 4th lap.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:05 AM
Cain rounded out the top 10 with his Duncan YFZ450.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:07 AM
#309 Gil Attix picked up a positions after passing #161 Jeremy Lawson

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:10 AM
By the half way point, Joe Byrd continued to lead and didn't show any signs of slowing down.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Natalie Jr continued his charge to the front by passing Goodman and moving into 3rd place behind Luburgh.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:15 AM
Jones also started applying the pressure on Goodman for the 4th spot, but nothing was as intense as the battle between Little and Farr for the 7th spot behind Wimmer.

Keith Little ducks to the inside after the "Supercross Six" and Tim Farr closes the door by sneaking his front wheel past Little as they headed into the 8th lap.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:19 AM
Unfortunately, the battle for position between Farr and Little quickly ended only a few turns later when the two collided in the air going over a table top which caused both riders to go down hard.

Mark Baldwin rushes to Tim’s side along with the track crew and Guinn Lickman moves Keith Little’s machine off the track.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:36 AM
By the 9th lap, #7 Joe Byrd held a slight lead over the battling Luburgh and Natalie Jr with Jones making the pass on Goodman as the top 5 remained in a fairly tight group with only a few laps to go.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:38 AM
By the end of the next lap, Natalie Jr was able to get around Luburgh and began applying the pressure on Byrd out front.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:40 AM
With Natalie Jr now in 2nd Place, Jones moves in on Luburgh

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:41 AM
Little retuned to the race one lap down.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:43 AM
Tim Farr also remounted his 450R two laps down with dirt stains on his back as he tried to salvage a few points and avoid a DNF.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:45 AM
With only two laps to go, the battle out front became even more intense as the top 4 riders formed a tight group as they pulled away from the rest of the pack

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:53 AM
Goodman was back to 5th place with Wimmer and Haavisto close behind.

Cain was up to 8th place with Farr and Little over a lap down, but he was beginning to feel the pressure from #53 Kory Ellis after Kory passed Doug Gust.

Also, Pat Brown was beginning to apply the pressure to Gust as he began to slow down after becoming fatigued from not riding in the past two weeks.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:54 AM
Paul Turner did everything he could to keep Doug focused as he chants at him "GO".

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:57 AM
The battle between Byrd and Natalie became intense at times as the two came within inches of one another, but Byrd never gave up and held on to win his first Moto of the season with Natalie Jr right behind him in 2nd Place after a dramatic charge from 8th.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Jones the pass on Luburgh with only two laps to go, and moved himself into 3rd Place

Admin
07-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Luburgh once again came out strong in the 1st Moto in back to back races in his comeback with yet another 4th Place finish, but would he be able to keep it together for the 2nd Moto?

Admin
07-06-2005, 08:03 AM
Harold Goodman held onto one of his better finishes of the season in 5th Place

Admin
07-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Joe Haavisto moved in behind Wimmer after Farr and Little wrecked, and he remained behind Wimmer the Entire Moto with Wimmer holding onto a 6th Place finish ahead of Haavisto

Admin
07-06-2005, 09:38 AM
#53 Kory Ellis the last lap pass on #6 Tavis Cain to take the 8th spot with Cain finishing 9th

Admin
07-06-2005, 09:40 AM
Pat Brown rounded out the top 10 finishing ahead of Gust

1st Moto Results
1 - Joe Byrd
2 - John Natalie
3 - Jeremiah Jones
4 - Jason Luburgh
5 - Harold Goodman
6 - Dustin Wimmer
7 - Joe Haavisto
8 - Kory Ellis
9 - Tavis Cain
10 - Pat Brown
11 - Doug Gust
12 - Jason Dunkelberger
13 - Matt White
14 - Jeremy Lawson
15 - Chad Wienen
16 - Gilbert Attix
17 - Donald Lysinger
18 - Keith Little
19 - Tim Farr
DNF - Travis Spader

Admin
07-06-2005, 09:46 AM
After the 1st Moto, the Pros returned to the pits to sign autographs for all the fans forming lines around their pits.

Admin
07-06-2005, 09:48 AM
#4 Tim Farr took time to sign autographs for his fans even though you could tell he was in pain.

Admin
07-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Doug Gust and Jeremiah Jones were also keeping busy signing autographs for fans.

Admin
07-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Paul Turner was busy making a quick engine change on Spader's machine, so he would be able to race in the 2nd Moto

Admin
07-06-2005, 09:52 AM
GNCC Pro Rider, #9 Brandon Ballance, made the short trip out to the track from his home in Kentucky to show his support for the GNC racers, and he was in his normal self having fun with everybody.

Admin
07-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Sadly, while the Pros were signing autographs, Open C rider, Jason Bergey went down hard after the start when he went off the side of the table top and down a steep bank. The track crew rushed to his aid, but to make things worse the track crew members ATV rolled on top of him which knocked him, which compounded his injuries, so a helicopter was called in to take him to the hospital.

Thankfully, ATVriders.com Paul #88 informed us that he only suffered a concussion and bruised shoulder and was released several hours later, and he will hopefully be back to racing by Unadilla.

Admin
07-06-2005, 11:50 AM
On a Brighter Note, it was great to see Todd Macke competing this weekend at London in the 25 Plus Class where he finished 15th, which was awesome.

For those of you not familiar with Todd, he was born with Cerebral Palsy which is a chronic conditions affecting body movements and muscle coordination, but it hasn't stopped Todd from doing what he loves.

It is an inspiration to see people like Todd go after their dreams, so as I already mentioned earlier, never let anything stop you from pursuing your dreams because if your dedicated it is amazing what you can achieve.

Admin
07-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Moto 2

#7 Joe Byrd made his way to the starting gate early, since he would be the first rider to select his starting gate, and he picked the same location that Doug Gust picked for the 1st Moto even though Joe grabbed the Holeshot several positions to the right in the 1st Moto.

Admin
07-06-2005, 11:54 AM
#13 John Natalie Jr was the next rider to pick his gate, and as soon as he was situated on the line, he took the time to sign the shirt of one of the track crew.

Admin
07-06-2005, 12:11 PM
#8 Jason Luburgh made his way to the starting gate in hopes of earning himself another Top 5 finish for his chance at the podium.

Admin
07-06-2005, 12:12 PM
#191 Dustin Wimmer found the spot he wanted on the line and looks over at his father as he pushing his 450R to the starting gate.

Admin
07-06-2005, 12:18 PM
#55 Doug Gust had his goggles on early and looked focused to make the best of this weekend's race even though he was extremely sore from the 1st Moto.

Also, the word came in that #4 Tim Farr would not be competing in the 2nd Moto due to his injuries from the 1st Moto wreck and especially with the Extreme Dirt Track Nationals just one week away at Danville, VA.

With Tim Farr out for the 2nd Moto, Doug could move back into 2nd place in points if he could finish in the Top 10.

Admin
07-06-2005, 12:20 PM
A view of the starting gate through Lost Creek Cycles (http://www.lostcreekcycles.com) "Dunks" Shades

Admin
07-06-2005, 12:37 PM
With the Race about to begin, REM NS (http://www.remnsproductions.com ),Rick Frisco, gets into position to record the 2nd Moto Action for ATV Sport Television.

Sadly, due to issues with his involvement with John Natalie Jr. appeals hearing, Rick is no longer permitted to vend his DVDs along with other restrictions at the GNC events, which may be permanent unless the ATVA/AMA changes its stance on the issue.

I have known Rick for several years, and I know that his heart is in ATV racing and that he would have never done anything purposely to jeopardize his relationship with the ATVA, and I hope this issue is behind all of us next year.

Also, I personally owe Rick a great deal of thanks for everything he has done this year to make ATVriders.com a better site because without his help there wouldn’t have been all the GNC “Live Race Coverage”, Amateur Coverage, or Video Footage.

Thanks Again for everything you have done, from me and the entire ATVriders.com community.

Admin
07-06-2005, 12:48 PM
The Start of the 2nd Moto, had Joe Byrd once again powering his Honda 450R out to a slight lead right out of the gate.

Admin
07-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Byrd was once again able to put his Honda 450R out front for his second Holeshot in a row with Jones and Brown left battling for the 2nd Spot.

#411 Donald Lysinger, #6 Tavis Cain, and #152 Chad Wienen collided on the start as you can see if you look closely to the far right of the photo, but luckily no one was injuried.

Admin
07-06-2005, 01:20 PM
A drag race was on between Gust and Natalie for the 4th spot as they raced down the hill after the start with Luburgh and Ellis battling for the 6th spot.

Meanwhile, Harold Goodman also was caught up in the collision in the back and was flipped off his Suzuki, which ruined his chance at the podium after an incredible ride in the 1st Moto.

Admin
07-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Joe Byrd Launching into the whoops with Brown and Jones right behind him.

Admin
07-06-2005, 01:23 PM
The race was on between Jones and Brown as the sprinted through the whoops each looking to beat the other to end with John Natalie Jr winning the dash up the hill over Doug Gust to claim the 4th spot as he began to pressure the battling duo in front of him.

Admin
07-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Alba Action (http://www.albaaction.com), Kory Ellis, powered his YFZ450 in front of Luburgh and immediately started to make his move on Gust taking the inside line looking to pass him through the whoops, but Gust was able to hold off his charge and maintain the 5th spot

Admin
07-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Jason Luburgh was in 7th place when Travis Spader collided into the rear of his YFZ450 which locked the two machines together which sent the pair back to 15th place seperating their machines, which took away the possiblilty that Luburgh would be a in podium position

Admin
07-06-2005, 01:40 PM
By the end of the 1st lap, John Natalie Jr had already passed both Brown and Jones, and he made his move on the leader, Joe Byrd through the "Supercross Six"

As Natalie makes his pass on Byrd, he gives him a look over the shoulder as the crowd goes wild along the track.

Admin
07-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Byrd and Natalie Jr make contact as they exit the "Supercross Six"

Admin
07-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Pat Brown was able to secure the 3rd spot ahead of Jeremiah Jones with Doug Gust maintaining the 5th Spot.

Pro Rookie, #161 Jeremy Lawson, was off to a great start after passing Kory Ellis and moving into 6th place.

Top 10 after the 1st Lap

1. John Natalie Jr
2. Joe Byrd
3. Pat Brown
4. Jeremiah Jones
5. Doug Gust
6. Jeremy Lawson
7. Kory Ellis
8. Jason Dunkelberger
9. Matt White
10. Keith Little

Admin
07-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Harold Goodman was back to 15th as he looks to be playing hide your quad.

Admin
07-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Travis Spader was back to 16th ahead of Luburgh, Wienen, and Lysinger.

Admin
07-06-2005, 01:54 PM
By the 3rd lap, John Natalie Jr had started to pull a several second lead over Bryd in 2nd place with Brown and Jones continuing to battle for position.

Admin
07-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Gust continued to hold down the 5th spot with Kory Ellis moving back in behind him after passing Lawson. #19 Jason Dunkelberger remained in 8th place, but dropped back to 13th by the end of the lap.

Admin
07-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Bad Luck struck for the Lawson as he his charge would come to an end in the 3rd lap and he spent the rest of the race watching.

Admin
07-06-2005, 02:02 PM
By the beginning of the 6th lap, Natalie Jr had developed a significant lead over Byrd in 2nd Place, and he didn't show any signs of slowing down.

Admin
07-06-2005, 02:04 PM
Byrd was now feeling the pressure from Jones after he passed Brown to move into 3rd place.

Before the end of the lap, Jones worked his way around Byrd and moved into 2nd Place.

Admin
07-06-2005, 02:06 PM
By the 9th lap, Natalie Jr held over a 20 second lead over 2nd place:eek2:

Admin
07-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Jones held the 2nd Spot heading through the whoops, but his spindle snapped took him out of the race, which was a repeat of last year when his Subframe broke on his YFZ going through the same set of whoops.

Pat Brown was able to capitalize on the situation and moved past both Jones and Byrd into 2nd Place, but with only a few laps remaining, it was very unlikley that anyone was going to catch Natalie Jr unless he made a critical mistake.

Admin
07-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Joe Byrd was back to 3rd place and was now feeling the heat from Kory Ellis as he continued his charge after passing Doug Gust to move into 5th and up to 4th with Jones out of the race.

Admin
07-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Doug Gust remained in 5th place and didn't sow any signs of fading, but he had Wimmer moving in.

Admin
07-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Dustin Wimmer looked to be on a mission as he reeled in Doug Gust looking to make the pass.

Admin
07-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Since the 4th lap, Keith Little and Joe Haavisto remained neck and neck with Little holding his line as the two battled for the 7th spot.

Admin
07-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Tavis Cain continued his charge from 13th to 9th place

Admin
07-06-2005, 02:21 PM
#32 Matt White rounded out the top 10

Admin
07-06-2005, 02:23 PM
With only two laps to go, Natalie Jr slowed down and played it safe not even launching the "Table of Two", and you couldn't blame him considering the huge lead he had developed which is very evident in this photo which shows no other riders in sight as he doubles through the "Supercross Six"

Admin
07-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Pat Brown remained in 2nd Place with Joe Byrd right behind him, but Kory Ellis in 4th had lost some time on Byrd

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:07 PM
With the Checkered Flag waving, John Natalie Jr doubled through through the "Supercross Six" giving the Crowd the thumbs up because John not only won his 7th race of the season, but he also wrapped up the GNC Champions with two rounds remaining, which is exactly what Doug Gust did at Daniel Boone last season.

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:10 PM
#199 Pat Brown finished the race with a career best 2nd Place just ahead of Joe Byrd in 3rd with 2nd Overall after Joe's 1st Moto Win.

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:12 PM
John Natalie Jr was the first to stop and congratulate Pat Brown on his impressive finish.

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Kory Ellis finished the 2nd Moto with a 4th Place finish to add to his 8th Place finish from the 1st Moto where he got off to a slow start, but the two moto combination was good enough for a 5th Overall finish for the day.

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Dustin Wimmer put in two consistant motos finishing 6-5

Admin
07-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Doug Gust suprised everyone by coming on stronger in the 2nd Moto than the 1st, with his 11-6 finish, which was good enough to move him back into 2nd place in points by one point over Tim Farr.

Hopefully, both Tim and Doug will be as close to 100% as possible for the final two rounds because these two could put on an incredible show

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:04 PM
Tavis Cain was extremely consistent going 9-9 and also finished 9th Overall for the weekend, maybe he should play 999 in the Lottery this week if he is a betting man.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:07 PM
#8 Jason Luburgh proved once again that if he can just get a two moto combination that he could easily find himself back on the podium, but either way, he always is smiling after every moto whether good or bad, which is great to see because that is what it is all about.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:13 PM
#19 Jason Dunkelberger finished 12th Overall with 12-11 finishes

Moto 2 Results
1 - John Natalie
2 - Pat Brown
3 - Joe Byrd
4 - Kory Ellis
5 - Dustin Wimmer
6 - Doug Gust
7 - Keith Little
8 - Joe Haavisto
9 - Tavis Cain
10 - Matt White
11 - Jason Dunkelberger
12 - Harold Goodman
13 - Travis Spader
14 - Jason Luburgh
15 - Gilbert Attix
16 - Chad Wienen
17 - Donald Lysinger
DNF - Jeremiah Jones
DNF - Jeremy Lawson
DNS - Tim Farr

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Meanwhile, on the Podium, John Natalie Jr congratulated Pat Brown for presumably finishing 3rd Overall, which would have been his 1st Podium appearance after just missing the podium last year at Daniel Boone in his Pro debut when he finished 4th Overall.

After Mark recalculated the numbers, Pat had once again come close to earning a spot on the Podium, but actually the honor belonged to Dustin Wimmer who just beat out Brown last year for the final podium spot, but regardless, Pat Brown is still in his 1st Year as a Pro and I am sure he will earn his rightful spot on the podium soon enough and it may be this year.

Great Racing Pat!!!

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Dustin Wimmer had no clue that he earned a spot on the podium and actually went back to the pits to cleanup before he was notified that he was needed on the Podium after finishing 6-5 which was one point better than Pat's 10-2 combination.

GNC Announcer, Mark Straubinger, showed his 4th of July Spirit with his American Flag shirt

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Joe Byrd earned his 2nd Podium finish in a row with a 2nd Overall this weekend

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:25 PM
With a huge crowd gathered around the podium, John Natalie celebrated his Win and Championship by throwing out Hats to the crowd.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:25 PM
The 2005 GNC National Champion, #13 John Natalie Jr.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:26 PM
John's Parents, Nancy and John, joined him on the podium to celebrate this long awaited Championship

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Finally it was time for the Champagne Celebration with Joe Byrd popping the bubbly and spraying down the crowd

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Dustin Wimmer poured the remains on his bottle over John Natalie Jr's head.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Normally the coverage would end with the Podium Celebration, but not this race because while I walked around the pits after the race to gather the missing bits of information to complete the race coverage, and ofcourse, I went to visit John Natalie Jr to ask him a few questions, but my interview was delayed because instead hurrying to pack up and leave, he sat it his table signing autographs for the fans who didn't get there chance in the earlier autograph session, which I thought was awesome.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Also, Joe Byrd, was happy to introduce me to his mechanic, Dan Lamey, with DASA who was responsible for building him the engine that earned him his 1st two Holeshots in his professional career.

Dan Lamey is no stranger to ATVs because he actually use to race 3 Wheelers back in day with Marty Hart.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:51 PM
If you weren't at this Weekend's GNC National, you really missed out on an incredible weekend, and with only two rounds left, I recommend that everyone that is within reach of these two rounds in New York and Tennessee make the trip because you will be glad you did.

As the Sun sets over the Kentucky Mountains, another weekend of racing was wrapped up.

Admin
07-06-2005, 07:55 PM
In closing, I am proud to be an American, and I hope everyone took a moment to think about how lucky we our to live in the United States this 4th of July weekend and never forget the men who died to preserve our freedom.

Hope everyone enjoyed the Coverage becuase I had a blast posting it; even though it has occupied my life for the past few days.

Check Back in a few days for the Amateur GNC Coverage, and feel free to post your thoughts and comments

Complete Final Race Results here! (http://www.atvriders.com/results/2005gnc10danielboone.html)

Pappy
07-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Harlen, I want to personally thank you for your hard work and dedication. I know you do not want praise and a pat on the back, but I feel it is well deserved. I also know the hardships running the site, racing and traveling to cover the races places on you and your family. You spoke to me of your dream and your intentions with this website 2 years ago, and my friend I think you are not only exceeding your own expectations, but also those of us that are fortunate enough to be part of it all.

Thank you harlen for the hard work so those of us that can't make it to the races get to sit trackside via our computer! Excellent coverage and reporting!

A huge congrats to our 2005 GNC Champion, John Natalie Jr. More proof that hard work and dedication will take you where you want to be! (and happy birthday also!)

400grl
07-07-2005, 01:09 AM
AWESOME PICS HARLEN!!! I pay alot of attention to pics now, since I try to take them, too - and these ones are just amazing....I think you outdo yourself every time!!! Great coverage - very well done......was a pleasure to read!!!! Take a break now!! :)

07-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Awesome coverage bro! The pics were amazing. Joe Byrd's mechanic Dan Lamay used to build motors for pro jet ski's, he was an awesome mech. Harlen you have the best ATV site hands down!:cool:

Aussiequadrider
07-07-2005, 06:13 AM
A big thankyou from down under Harlen.
I love your work mate.
Can't wait for more.

Geoff.

Jersey450R
07-07-2005, 06:33 AM
Look everybody! I got the championship!

ADMIN: removed reference to Walsh A-arms because Natalie uses Gibson A-arms

Hats go off to John Natalie and Harlen, your will and sacrifice in this sport is unmatchable. Great job, your pics speak for themselves.

TC426EX
07-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Im not sure that those are Walsh A-Arms that he was using. They look like they had Gibson stickers on them so maybe thats a new design of theirs...

In any event, GREAT Coverage as usual...

CONGRATULATIONS JOHN! The most dominant rider this season took home the title and thats great to see... Now I just need to see my boy Timmy get it together and walk away with the runner up for a 1-2 Honda punch!

Jersey450R
07-07-2005, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Im not sure that those are Walsh A-Arms that he was using. They look like they had Gibson stickers on them so maybe thats a new design of theirs...
I only took a glance at them and thats what i thought. Maybe they are a gibson prototype?

macsolocam
07-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Harlen, I would like to personally say this is one awesome report!!!:macho....my favorite to date. This websight has so much going on it is overwhelming. Thanks for everything you have brought to the web on our sport....There are alot of people that really appreciate it. Talk to ya soon!! A. Mac.

Quad18star
07-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Awesome race coverage . You outdo yourself everytime with great reports . God knows I can't travel to every GNC national to watch ... I'm lucky if I can only make it to one of the races per year ... but with reports like these , who needs to be there .. the coverage makes it feel like you are right there .

If you're in New York at the end of the month to cover the race , I hope to see you there . :D

Congrats to John Natalie on a great season ... now lets see him win the next two rounds. :cool:

ESrider
07-07-2005, 09:07 AM
Great coverage Harlen, keep it up!!

I've been curious about those new arms on Natalie's bike also, they look similar to the Axis arms, but I'm not positive. According to the pics that is a completely different bike than the bike he had earlier in pics of this race and or practice.
Joe Byrd should also be congratulated, I believe this was his first career holeshot win.

Out_Sider
07-07-2005, 10:03 AM
they are gibsons new design.. pats been using these for what the past 3 rounds? :rolleyes:

400grl
07-07-2005, 10:13 AM
I like those arms because they look like my new RXM arms - VERY good design!! :) Great clearance - low ride......nice!! :)

Quad18star
07-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Axis suspension makes piggybacks ???

Atkins
07-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Yea, it seems like they just came out with them, so theyre making all their pro sponsered riders ride them to show them off, tahts my guess anyways.

MrP
07-07-2005, 01:08 PM
The new Piggyback Axis suspension is (dual rate) with titanium springs. Not all the Axis sponsored riders are using them though.

dads400ex
07-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Admin
If you weren't at this Weekend's GNC National, you really missed out on an incredible weekend, and with only two rounds left, I recommend that everyone that is within reach of these two rounds in New York and Tennesse make the trip because you will be glad you did.

As the Sun sets over the Kentucky Mountains, another weekend of racing was wrapped up.

I totally agree with you Harlan, this was my first national I have been to and it was great, wish I could make it to more and hopefully I will be able to race at atleast one of them.
Also it was great to meet you in person and like I said at the track, thank you for all the hard work you and everybody else that helps out do and all the great coverage of the races. Keep up the great job.

redrider9045
07-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Hey awesome pics admin but is there anyway i can get a pic of the table of two??

p@iNn3ck
07-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Harlen, I want to personally thank you for your hard work and dedication. I know you do not want praise and a pat on the back, but I feel it is well deserved. I also know the hardships running the site, racing and traveling to cover the races places on you and your family. You spoke to me of your dream and your intentions with this website 2 years ago, and my friend I think you are not only exceeding your own expectations, but also those of us that are fortunate enough to be part of it all.

Thank you harlen for the hard work so those of us that can't make it to the races get to sit trackside via our computer! Excellent coverage and reporting!

A huge congrats to our 2005 GNC Champion, John Natalie Jr. More proof that hard work and dedication will take you where you want to be! (and happy birthday also!)

This couldnt have been said better! And I know there are a bunch of us that agree 110%! (on both counts!:D )

Thanks Harlen, great pics!
and
Congrats John, great season!

eagertorace
07-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star

they do now! I was there and seen them myself, also dual rate.
At the podium, Joe said he loved the new shocks and in racing suspension is everything.
THEM PROS ARE FAST.

quadmaster88
07-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Yes as for me it was my first national..... i loved it besides the heat but i got use to it.... i am goin to loretta lynns in a month or so..... anyone know when the amatures will be posted?

chad502ex
07-11-2005, 07:45 AM
Congradulations John on your championship! As a fan, it sure is awesome watching the pro and a HONDA finished 1st.

Harlen,

Great work.

BFELIX
07-14-2005, 09:01 AM
Portugal gives a big aplause to Natalie Jr for his great Champ...and Honda too..

and for all that makes this place umbelivable with this pics and report's...

(sorry for the bad english)

Bruno Felix

alexk
07-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by eagertorace
they do now! I was there and seen them myself, also dual rate.
At the podium, Joe said he loved the new shocks and in racing suspension is everything.
THEM PROS ARE FAST.

There new titainum axis shocks theres a few pros w/ them im gussing there testing them out and will realese the info pretty soon