PDA

View Full Version : play in rear shock/linkage?

Glamis400ex
05-29-2002, 07:38 PM
I just put my newly serviced rear shock back on, complete w/ heavier spring. Anyhow, when I was installing, I noticed that the place where the lower shock bolt mounts up to, there was a little play. Side to side action...... I think it was the linkage...not sure.

Is this normal?

Glamis

05-29-2002, 07:40 PM
how long has it been since you have changed the bearing in your linkage.

Glamis400ex
05-29-2002, 07:44 PM
bought the 400ex used. Its a 99. Ive never changed it. Didnt know I had one there.

Glamis

05-29-2002, 07:58 PM
There are 4 needle bearing in the linkage and one in the top of the shock that need to be replaced every year or so according to what type of riding you do. That may be what's making it loose.

05-30-2002, 07:27 AM
Mine also has the side to side motion,,which I'm guessing is OK,,there's really nothing there to keep it from moving side to side..

Glamis your gonna love that rebuilt shock once you get it dialed in..I know I'm still loving mine..:D

Glamis400ex
05-30-2002, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the info on the linkage, seems to be universal thing with them...

Rico, yah, I'm hoping I'm loving it, being it cost me $260! I better feel something different. I had anEibach spring put on, he said they are really good...we'll see... Had it done here locally in San Diego, a shop that does all the desert/baja racers suspensions...Dean Sundahl, Greg Row all those guys, so, I figure he knows what he's doing.

Glamis