PDA

View Full Version : Need your help...!

dpizz450
07-05-2005, 11:01 AM
OK....so here's the deal. My birthday is coming up next week and my parents asked me if i wanted anything. I need your help on what you think is the best, top of the line shocks, front and back, and where to order them from. I have an 03 KFX400 with all mods listed in my sig. I ride mainly trails and take a few trips to the dunes every so often. I also weigh 140 lbs if that means anything. Money is not really an issue. I was thinking maybe elka. And can someone also help me out on what the difference is like between double and triple rate. I never knew much about shocks because I thought I'd never get them. So please help guys! Thanks in advance.

07-05-2005, 11:08 AM
The difference between dual and triple rate shocks is the triple rate has 3 srpings and the dual has 2. The more springs there are means the more it can handle jitter bumps and ressit bottoming. I'd order the elka shocks from Magic Racing. The triple rate with rezzies would do you good. Just make sure you ajust them right.

nowukno
07-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Well if money is not a issue , definitely get elka shocks since they are the best out there and triple rate is better than dual rate because there less choppy and easier to ride. It will improve your handling a ton. Ofcourse the quad will set 2-3 inches lower.

dpizz450
07-05-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by kickerkfx444
The difference between dual and triple rate shocks is the triple rate has 3 srpings and the dual has 2. The more springs there are means the more it can handle jitter bumps and ressit bottoming. I'd order the elka shocks from Magic Racing. The triple rate with rezzies would do you good. Just make sure you ajust them right.

Thanks man, but how would i go about "adjusting" them once i get them. I think im gonna go with the elka tripe rate rezzies? If im sayin it right lol. Sorry but i dont know much about shocks. thanks everyone.

steveatv3
07-05-2005, 11:36 AM
to adjust the shock for your riding and machine, all you do is adjust the compression ware you like it and the preload to ware the quad sits the best and you want harder preload if you are doing bigger jumps that also helps from bottoming