PDA

View Full Version : new info on 450z

logangsxr998
07-05-2005, 08:48 AM
I got some new info on the suz 450. It will be fuel injected, it will be about 3 inches wider than the yam stock, and it will be race ready. They say the suspention will be as good as aftermarket, but thats just what they say.

watts16
07-05-2005, 08:51 AM
what is your source of the info?

adema
07-05-2005, 08:59 AM
lol i doubt that the z450 will have half that stuff because then it would be like a cannodale lol. Way to expensive cannondales were like 8,000 with fuel injection suspension lol.

Shawn H
07-05-2005, 09:47 AM
All that info was in the New Quad Off-Road magazine:rolleyes:

logangsxr998
07-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Yes it was in the New QUAD magazine. It will also have a chrome swingarm.

PeeWee21
07-05-2005, 11:13 AM
C-Dale had a helluva idea, they just had chitty employees who were in a hurry and crappy management. I, for one, hope Zuki offers it like that.

yamadjs08
07-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by logangsxr998
Yes it was in the New QUAD magazine.
Yeah I read the article too, they made it sound spectacular but then again this mag is probably just like all of the others, they also had a picture of the claimed z450 under a suzuki quad cover sheet thing. Its hard to say whether it will be race ready like that or not, Cannondale had the right intentions with a true race ready quad, I believe sales were finally getting steady right before they went out. Its too bad that they went out though. Anyways, this new Suzuki should be interesting whether its "race ready" or not.:devil:

MR.BIG
07-05-2005, 01:57 PM
When are they suppose to hit the dealers?

Quadude32
07-05-2005, 02:29 PM
I talked to a buddy of mine they own a suzuki shop and he has heard nothing nor has he gotten any info on it.He said it would probly hit the dealers in around late sept. or oct.As far as the fuel injection he said that is probly going to be a option just the the RMZ450 fuel injected or Carb. you choose.But like he stated this is all hear say and we will have to wait.

Mxracer53
07-05-2005, 06:51 PM
i talked to my dealer today and he talked to a rep of his who said it will be released in about a month.

yoshimurakfx400
07-05-2005, 06:59 PM
some one plz scan and post the pic of it out of the magazine

Shawn H
07-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Its covered ya cant see nothing, It could be a z400 for all we know? It does look wider tho>

I hope it comes out quick and is sweet, This way Honda will Have to let a few of its eggs out of the basket and tell what they are doing for sure

robman
07-06-2005, 11:28 AM
They taked about a battery being lower than usual so it probably has electric start.

YFZ450Ridr
07-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Mxracer53
i talked to my dealer today and he talked to a rep of his who said it will be released in about a month.

isnt there some kind of atv show in august? id be awesome if the honda n suzuki got released then.

PeeWee21
07-07-2005, 09:08 AM
I'm thinking Suzuki's biggest show is in August, i think we may get a glimpse of it soon but what do i know, i don't know anybody that knows!;)

Zwanter
07-07-2005, 11:45 AM
nope you dont

PeeWee21
07-07-2005, 01:49 PM
We'll see my friend! :D

07-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Yes, Aug/Sept will be the reveal for the new LTZ 450. 3" wider than Yami, YES, Fuel Injected, YES, Chrome moly Swingarm, YES, electric start, MAYBE.

From what I have researched on the web and various sources, this will be one nice ride. It should be priced close to the other 450's and from what Wayne Hinson stated in a recent interview with ATV Sport (Read: not and article by a writer) that the new 450 will be as close as you can come to a race quad. Liken it to a 250 or 450 MXer. I know that they heavily modify those as well, and don't think for a second that Gust and Jones will ride box stock, but they are supposedly running stock a-arms and swinger, shocks of course will be valved/sprung for them, and maybe a different axle.

Be patient.

MR.BIG
07-08-2005, 03:15 PM
I highly doubt it will have EFI but it is suppose to be unveiled next month.

Shawn H
07-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Everyone is saying its going to have EFI.

theTman
07-08-2005, 05:52 PM
i heard the shocks are going to be as good as aftermarket...wider a arms...pretty much race ready

suzukitony64
07-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Yeh just got the mag and im goin nuts, can't wait even excusive track ready tires:devil:

YFZ450Ridr
07-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by suzukitony64
Yeh just got the mag and im goin nuts, can't wait even excusive track ready tires:devil:

they will probablly be 2-ply and wont last 3 races:ermm: i dont think any stock quad comes with tires that arent 2-ply?

Luecker
07-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
they will probablly be 2-ply and wont last 3 races:ermm: i dont think any stock quad comes with tires that arent 2-ply?

Predator. Maxxis Razr 4-ply.:)

ATV Action that I got to day says it will have electric start and will have info in next months mag.

Harpo
07-11-2005, 08:58 PM
I heard alum. frame and quite possibly a-arms?

PeeWee21
07-12-2005, 05:01 AM
I'm forseeing that it comes with Ohlins, A-arms that are mass produced to Walsh standards, swing arm to Walsh standards, optional EFI, optional electric start, Holeshots as oem tires, and a few other goodies!

MXracer16
07-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Luecker
Predator. Maxxis Razr 4-ply.:)

ATV Action that I got to day says it will have electric start and will have info in next months mag.

What issue is this in? What month?

z400ACDC
07-12-2005, 08:14 PM
EFI,Ohlins,kick start, mild steel frame, low, wide and fast:macho

PeeWee21
07-13-2005, 04:25 AM
I thought i'd FINALLY get your attention, just the bit of info that i was looking for ACDC! Sorry to be caniving but i knew you would'nt answer a direct question.

cinigen9
07-13-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by z400ACDC
EFI,Ohlins,kick start, mild steel frame, low, wide and fast:macho

any chance of a xc version?

07-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Here's the thing about different setups, no matter how race ready a quad can be, it will never be all things to all types of riding. Currently many XC riders use aftermarket a-arms to fit their needs, same with MX and desert. That won't change. The xc guys that want to run the new 450 will put narrower arms if needed, the mx and desert guys may go wider, and some will go stock.

Seriously this is a moot point, if it were to be the width needed for XC, the debate would be what about MX and Desert??? While I realize XC is a big part of the sport, it's not the only part and in the end I bet that most (Non Factory) riders will go the way of the aftermarket as they always have. There are just too many variables involved.

Worry about what's inside the frame and the rest will take care of itself.

d kelley
07-13-2005, 11:21 AM
suzuki dealers have stated placing orders for 2006 models beginning week of of 7/11/06. there is no 450 model listed on the order sheet for them to buy at this time. the suzuki dealer show is in texas during the month of september, that WOULD be the time when orders for the new quad COULD be placed. suzuki would then have a sport and race quad in their line as Kawasaki will not sell sport quads after 2006 models, utilites only. this will make suzuki line directly comparably to honda (400ex & 450trx vs. Ltz400 & Z450). suzuki dealer show is usually in july most dealers will say. this would make 450 suzuki quad available for 2006 race season which at this suzuki is HEAVILLY invested in.

TRX500
07-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by d kelley
Kawasaki will not sell sport quads after 2006 models, utilites only.

I do not believe that for one second. Or at least hope not. Are they not coming out with a 450? I know that they are developing one. Team Green riders were shown it. They are only going to make it one year?:rolleyes:

cinigen9
07-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by mrbluehair
Here's the thing about different setups, no matter how race ready a quad can be, it will never be all things to all types of riding. Currently many XC riders use aftermarket a-arms to fit their needs, same with MX and desert. That won't change. The xc guys that want to run the new 450 will put narrower arms if needed, the mx and desert guys may go wider, and some will go stock.

Seriously this is a moot point, if it were to be the width needed for XC, the debate would be what about MX and Desert??? While I realize XC is a big part of the sport, it's not the only part and in the end I bet that most (Non Factory) riders will go the way of the aftermarket as they always have. There are just too many variables involved.

Worry about what's inside the frame and the rest will take care of itself.

I dont have exact numbers, but I would imagine only a small % of high performance atvs are actually used for racing. In our part of the country the trails and riding areas are not setup for 50". Not saying that it wont happen, but it seems like Suzuki would be missing out on a large portion of the recreational market by building a 50" wide model. Maybe the z400 will be the quad that stays in that position.

I for one am looking forward to running stock suspension - my trx450r is pretty close, but uses a different linkage. I would love to be able and ride a 6-7k quad off the floor, spring/valve the shocks for my weight, put some better tires on, and hit the track - you know, like the 2 wheel guys get to do! When was the last time you saw a local mx/xc two wheel guy who had to spend over half of what the bike cost new just to get it to a competitive level from a suspension stand point.

d kelley
07-13-2005, 02:44 PM
cicigen9 , you are totally right, what I cant understand is why the ATVA even started pro production in the first place now. it was supposed do keep cost down by not having racers spend $20,0009 (or more) on custom quads (250r) with handmade frames, but now every pro production quad is close to $15,000-$20,000. There are no aftermarket companies selling complete fork sets for the two wheelers that I know of at this time. Maybe exhaust pipes, some seat companies ect. But $3000 suspension kits for bikes that cost $7000!! get real. The quad aftermarket is EXACTLY like the mini motorcross (yz-rm kx-cr-80) market was during the mid-eighties. ATVA should limit pro PRODUCTION to wheels,tires,handlebars,twist throttle changes only. Also, if everyone else is so sure about the Z-450 race ready quad, how come no one has talked about it coming with tether swiches? there are REQUIRED for almost every quad race organization there is. And, kawasaki will market 400 sport quads (built by Suzuki) into 2007. Hopefully Suzuki will lead the way in this market and earn the market share yamaha and honda have at this time.

trx400exxracer
07-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by adema
lol i doubt that the z450 will have half that stuff because then it would be like a cannodale lol. Way to expensive cannondales were like 8,000 with fuel injection suspension lol.

don't u get it you don't have to buy anything for it they said the exhaust, shocks, a-arms, swingarm, axle, chassis, and so on is supposed to be trick.
I heard Doug Gust and Jerimia Jones were gonna race them stock

z400ACDC
07-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by PeeWee21
I thought i'd FINALLY get your attention, just the bit of info that i was looking for ACDC! Sorry to be caniving but i knew you would'nt answer a direct question.
You can ask me anything. I read Dirt Wheels;)