PDA

View Full Version : help..i'm stumped..

lonestar13r
07-04-2005, 03:00 PM
ok... My 400 is making an ugly noise... its somthing in my sprokets..chain...or carrier ... I just put 2 new all balls bearings in it about 3 mounths ago.(and new honda Seals) .it hasn't been riden hard enoughf for those to go out yet.. i always lubed my chain...its not a steady noise ... it seams like its only in one spot of the chain, like its binding up or somthing ? but my axle has some play...are my bearings not seated right in my carrier ?? new chain & sprokets?? i'm lost and sorta mad because i was plaining to go to Rausch this coming weekend... please help me out or suggest anything it may be..any one ever have something happen like this ???
Thanks a Million for anything ..-Ethan

Cool Honda Man
07-04-2005, 03:37 PM
I had a x that had that same problem i was in little sahara utah goin up sand mountain when it would catch and slow me down like i was hittin the brakes it ended up bein my carrier if i were u though if it is ur carrier go onto ebay and buy a aftermarket carrier because u can get some that have a greese zerk and diferent nice stuff to help it last longer for half the price honda price was $200 and i got this carrier for $100

Cool Honda Man
07-04-2005, 03:38 PM
*250x*

lonestar13r
07-04-2005, 04:57 PM
I think your right ..i'm not fooling around any more with my honda carrier any more.. Burgard $113.00 with bearings... mabye i can score one off ebay for even cheaper yet. Thanks alot man.
-Ethan

TCracin440ex
07-04-2005, 10:54 PM
problem is simple....your chain is too tight...causing it to bind up....loosen your chain and that should fix your problem, same thing happend to me...felt like i was hitting the brakes or the brakes were rubbing....its just your chain is too tight...if thats not it....then go get you a rad mfg bearing carrier...twin row, best thing i have on my 400ex so far

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4559489539&category=43972&sspagename=WDVW

same guy i got my carrier from....id reccomend him